Pedro Rodriguez

Meitux

cant you guys just take it? he was very good in 2009-2010 and propably in 2010-2011.But generally never a world class player for me,And surely not enough for the attack of a team like barcelona...And i just cant understand why they always play him..cause ok after the copa final we all thought he would be fired up and he was for a bit at the start of the season but after hes been really terrible

Last edited:

Elite-BkD

Load of utter rubbish in this thread. Pedro was fantastic against Milan. Very very focused, he pressed tirelessly, made constant runs to drag around defenders and open up space, his one-touch passing was on point and his decision making was excellent. Do you lot imagine he was ever intended to take risks on the dribble or have a go at goal whenever he wanted? Of course not. He did exactly what he was supposed to and the decision to start him was thoroughly justified.

BerkeleyBernie

Load of utter rubbish in this thread. Pedro was fantastic against Milan. Very very focused, he pressed tirelessly, made constant runs to drag around defenders and open up space, his one-touch passing was on point and his decision making was excellent. Do you lot imagine he was ever intended to take risks on the dribble or have a go at goal whenever he wanted? Of course not. He did exactly what he was supposed to and the decision to start him was thoroughly justified.

This. This. This. This. This.

KhaledBarca

Pedro has 9 goals in 6 appearances for Spain this season (very impressive record).

Today, Marca mentioned that Pedro is close to set a new world record for most goals for country in a single season.

Marca: "With nine goals for Spain to his name this term, Pedro Rodríguez has established himself as a serious threat to Gerd Müller's record of 14 national team goals in a single season (August-June), set in the 71-72 campaign. The German shares this mark with Brazil's Ronaldo (96-97) and Dutch striker Kluivert (99-00)."

But, that is wrong.

For example:
-Kocsis (X-Barca player) scored 17 goals for Hungary in 1954/55.
-Possible all-time record is held by Bashar Abdullah who scored 19 goals for Kuwait in 1999/00.

(I'll recheck these stats and tweet a detailed list for the word/european record on my twitter account on friday).

Note: Spain has 7-9 remaining games this season, So Pedro has a good chance to set a new record (if the above numbers are correct).

ShandyFFM

14goals in a single season as a record ? How many did messi score last season 14??? Or13?? Cant remember but as much as batistuta

KhaledBarca

Spanish Record in Sight:
BF-vOu8CMAE2Yop.png:large

Spain has 7 to 9 remaining games this season!

CatalinR10

He is not the Pedro from some seasons ago. I wonder if the club will ever sell him if he continues his bad form or they won 't take any action because he is from La Masia :pep:

Indignado

He is not the Pedro from some seasons ago. I wonder if the club will ever sell him if he continues his bad form or they won 't take any action because he is from La Masia :pep:

I'm pretty sure they won't. He's from La Masia and he's won plenty of trophies with us. That's enough arguments to stay.

Irish_Cules

There would be no point in selling Pedro at all. True, he is not playing his best football but his workrate is phenomenal and I think his general play has been quite good for pretty long spells this season. Obviously he isn't scoring as much but considering he scores for Spain regularly he could very well recover his scoring touch. I really doubt Pedro would complain too much or kick up a fuss if he was benched. He's the kind of guy who would continue to work hard and try to prove himself. Even if he isn't always going to be a starter he's a good player to have in the squad.

Home of Barca Fans