Pedro Rodriguez

J

jiopi

I've seen some extraordinary disappearing acts in my life but never quite like this one. Watched the game in HD, and didn't know Pedro was even playing after 40 minutes commentator said, a run from Pedro or something like that.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Works hard in defense but less than useless in attack, even Alexis is doing well. I hope he fixes his career soon because his form has been incredibly inconsistent for the past few years. He was doing great in January/February but then died down after that as well. We can never be sure when this guy will show up to a game.

Jelboo

Seriously though. His drop in form is immense. He does not deserve a starting position, and he barely deserves the bench at this point.

What the fuck happened to you, Pedro???

cro-man

What I dont understand is that many people criticize sanchez but pedro not. For me pedro is so bad that i cant discribe it. He is like a chicken without a head. Sanchez is for me much better than him and still not good enough. Pep had a reason to bench him last year and now i see why. I hope we can get rid of him even for free....

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Here we are talking about the guy who brought us into the CL semi-final...

Sry to say this, but even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while. So we go easy on him for sucking 2 seasons in a row, denying Tello, Villa, Cuenca their chances because he was good some 3 seasons ago? Come on!

cro-man

Thinking how far we could get with a worldclass winger when a player like pedro can score a goal to get us into cl semi-final. Open your eyes guys this guy plays every game there must be a game he scores and this was accidentally this game

Stric

Sry to say this, but even a blind squirrel gets a nut once in a while. So we go easy on him for sucking 2 seasons in a row, denying Tello, Villa, Cuenca their chances because he was good some 3 seasons ago? Come on!

I'm not saying he's a Messi or that he should be a starter, I'm just saying that, at his cost and talent, this guy is worth having around. Plus he does tend to score those important goals every once in a (long) while. In his current form, he's no starting XI material, which makes him OK for the games in between the most important ones, rotating with those who are better than him. (Although few players can play on the right.) Unlike Alexis, he was dirt cheap, and came through the ranks and has been around and contributed to the success this team has had. How someone would rather sell him than Sanchez is unfathomable to me.

cro-man

I'm not saying he's a Messi or that he should be a starter, I'm just saying that, at his cost and talent, this guy is worth having around. Plus he does tend to score those important goals every once in a (long) while. In his current form, he's no starting XI material, which makes him OK for the games in between the most important ones, rotating with those who are better than him. (Although few players can play on the right.) Unlike Alexis, he was dirt cheap, and came through the ranks and has been around and contributed to the success this team has had. How someone would rather sell him than Sanchez is unfathomable to me.

Maybe I am wrong but i cant remember a game in which pedro played better than sanchez. Even in the bayern game for me sanchez was better than pedro. Sanchez doesnt link up well with the team but he has something but pedro is simply bad These two players are a problem but pedro the much bigger one... Why is he better because his name is pedro? He should be named kasper the ghost. He is everywhere but not on the field...

Last edited:
What worries me about him is that he has lost that killer goal scoring ability he had in his first two seasons he was absolutely clinical in the penalty area with the left and the right foot

Stric

Pedro's case is really a very strange one. I'm inclined to mention the good ol' "form is temporary, class is permanent", but with him, the bad-form part has been going on almost as much as the good part. Then again, scoring 20+ goals two seasons in a row, 13 in the next one, etc. is not just luck or coincidence. He is a scorer. He scored 10 goals in his last 11 appearances for the national team, which is borderline ridiculous considering that he's not even a starter. He hasn't lost his scoring skill. Somehow he just can't reach that level with Barca most of the time nowadays. The entire discussion is pointless, anyway, because unless a new, radically different coach arrives, Pedro is going nowhere.

Last edited:

spark

Its not that ridiculous . A hattrick against Belarus and doubles against Panama and Saudi Arabia will move your record from 2 in 12 10 in 11. The important stat is 5 league goals in each of the last 2 seasons.

Home of Barca Fans