Pedro Rodriguez

ryaninho

Have you guy thought that his game suffers because of the tattics we use. Like i mentioned before his game is bad here but for the NT he plays well and scores while can find the net for barca. We have become to predictable. Defenders just leave our wingers alone knowing we are going to give the ball to messi

spring

What happened to Pedro. He used to be a clinical goal poacher. Now he is some sort of defensive forward-if that makes any sense. Forwards are meant to attack and score-tracking back is a secondary thing. I blame the coaching staff for turning all our forwards into Messi's water boys.

ha ha!:pep:

Elite-BkD

He's been on fire (in terms of scoring) for Spain. His touch / passing /awareness / focus etc have all been on point for Barca. Very very obviously not down to him declining as a player and definitely is down to the way he's used by management within the overall system.

Kerrybai

He's been on fire (in terms of scoring) for Spain. His touch / passing /awareness / focus etc have all been on point for Barca. Very very obviously not down to him declining as a player and definitely is down to the way he's used by management within the overall system.

Using our current system Pedro isn't working, the same with Sanchez. We have to consider whether or not a better player could work on the wings using this system. Personally I think we should always play striker in front of Messi. With him released like he is with Argentina he can get our wingers more involved. We need to look at the Argentina model of attack.

Still though I think an upgrade on the wings would also help a lot.

Elite-BkD

Pedro has done fantastic on the wings for Barca before, and still is doing for Spain. Not to mention there's nothing wrong with him, nothing to point at except maybe a lack of aggressive runs toward danger areas in the box for Barca which we've seen so often that it's plainly the fault of management, not Pedro.
But yeah, Villa ahead of Messi definitely looked nice against Milan, and that's with Villa out of form a bit. Busi/Iniesta/Messi behind Pedro Villa and Tello seems kind of nice if I were to start tinkering with lineups but Messi would probably have to work more than he does on the defensive side.
Edit: It is worth mentioning that it would be nice to see what Pedro offers to Barca played in front of a reliable back line that's actually worthy of Barca.

oz187

I think Pedro played well, but he had very limited options. Messi wasn't giving him much assistance so what is he going to do?

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
The thing is that our midfield is severely lacking in the defensive department... Xavi hardly runs or closes space down, then Busi has to cover for him leaving more space, so our wingers have to help in address this shortcomings... So Pedro/Alexis have to track back to our own field to recover the ball, and then run back to get to their attacking positions, so that's easily 60 meters and a recipe for disaster...

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Pedro has done fantastic on the wings for Barca before, and still is doing for Spain. Not to mention there's nothing wrong with him, nothing to point at except maybe a lack of aggressive runs toward danger areas in the box for Barca which we've seen so often that it's plainly the fault of management, not Pedro.
But yeah, Villa ahead of Messi definitely looked nice against Milan, and that's with Villa out of form a bit. Busi/Iniesta/Messi behind Pedro Villa and Tello seems kind of nice if I were to start tinkering with lineups but Messi would probably have to work more than he does on the defensive side.
Edit: It is worth mentioning that it would be nice to see what Pedro offers to Barca played in front of a reliable back line that's actually worthy of Barca.

This is true to some extent. But while Villa often makes those runs he still doesn't get the pass to often unfortunately - why would Pedro?
I agree with many that think there is something wrong with our tactics/system - having to rely on 1 player to score more than 50% of our goals is of course the first problem. Not using our wingers to getting in to scoring positions and not using our wingers to challenge defenders are 2 more. It's just one dimensional and works against weak disorganized La Liga teams. Every time we played a stronger team the past 2 seasons we look dull.

Gennaro

This is true to some extent. But while Villa often makes those runs he still doesn't get the pass to often unfortunately - why would Pedro?
I agree with many that think there is something wrong with our tactics/system - having to rely on 1 player to score more than 50% of our goals is of course the first problem. Not using our wingers to getting in to scoring positions and not using our wingers to challenge defenders are 2 more. It's just one dimensional and works against weak disorganized La Liga teams. Every time we played a stronger team the past 2 seasons we look dull.
thats why neymar is coming. i dont understand the hate towards him at all.

alex88bg

I jsut think Pedro will be better when sanchez leaves,it hurts to have 2 of the same players on the pitch.He should be given another season to see where the things are going.But we deseperately need someone like aguero.He would make so many options for messi.messi could switch from middle to wings,further back...etc...

Qonny

Right now, I can't find anything at all that pedro contributes with to this team. Nothing. Nada. Why he keeps getting playing time ahead of players like Tello and Villa is just beyond me.

El Guaje

Right now, I can't find anything at all that pedro contributes with to this team. Nothing. Nada. Why he keeps getting playing time ahead of players like Tello and Villa is just beyond me.

Its simple, its because he is from La Masia and is therefore immune from getting benched or getting crap throwed at him.
Even though he does less than the "oh so shitty and useless" Alexis, nobody says a word but as soon as Alexis himself screws up just a lil', ppl want him killed :facepalm:

Mr Hulot

Its simple, its because he is from La Masia and is therefore immune from getting benched or getting crap throwed at him.
Even though he does less than the "oh so shitty and useless" Alexis, nobody says a word but as soon as Alexis himself screws up just a lil', ppl want him killed :facepalm:

It is not simple as you would like, because if what you tell is true, then Tello would play every game in favor of the falling Chilean.
Also, Pedro has scored in all kind of finals(like Champions League final) and important games (like PSG). It is not like he is not delivering when it matters.

Home of Barca Fans