Pedro Rodriguez

El Guaje

I have seen the Youtube videos, not the full matches and of course I was really excited when we signed him, but the truth is that he never reached those youtube level of performances in our shirt. Also, it is really different to play well in a counter-attacking Italian team that cannot even challenge for their league title and a different thing to play in a team that challenges for CL every year. And to strengthen my point, I would say that when it really mattered, even in his worst year with our shirt, Pedro was the one who stepped up and scored the winning goal vs PsG, whereas Alexis was missing chances left and right in the first leg.
Its true that he never reached his Udinese/Chile-level in a Barcelona shirt, but when on his best, there is no doubt whatsoever that he is the better footballplayer.

And also thast Pedro "stepped up" against PSG is not true. He was terrible in that game and gave away the ball that lead to PSG scoring a goal. He did score the goal, but to say that he stepped up is over exaggerating.

Alexis Sanchez the Udinese and Chile version is much worse than the Pedro from 2011. That Pedro was outperforming even the likes of Henry, Ibrahimovic and Villa that happened to play with him in the same team. When was the last time Sanchez scored 20 goals a season?

Well have your seen what Andy Carroll was doing in Newcastle?

Oh yeah, Pedro of 2011 is better. I guess thats why half Europe were after Sanchez and nobody mentioned sh!t about Pedro when he was good. Henry and Ibra were underperforming, so its not really surprising.

Alexis is not a goalscorer, so you cant expect him to score 20 in a season. And even tho he has been so "terrible", he has outscored Pedro while playing much less, 2 seasons in a row. Hell last season Pedro couldnt outscore a injured David Villa who was injured from CWC. Even this year he had a huuuge advantage but yet his score-ratio is absolute SH!T, its so terrible that Villa (who pretty much didn't get any time on the pitch at all) outscored him. Same with Fabregas and Alexis.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Yep, Pedro is better then Alexis alright, that's why there's all these rumors about the likes of Man City and Juventus wanting him. Oh wait.

Mr Hulot

Yep, Pedro is better then Alexis alright, that's why there's all these rumors about the likes of Man City and Juventus wanting him. Oh wait.

That is what I call a solid argument. The best player in the world is the player with the most transfer rumors involving his name.

Mr Hulot

For me it is not even an argument, so I don't feel any need at all to negate it. The fact that a newspaper says that Manchester City wants Alexis doesn't help me evaluate him as a player at all. Does it help you?

No but the fact that I don't hear any rumor about Pedro might comfort me in my opinion that they both kinda suck :lol:
and i think Alexis definitely has more raw potential, I think it will be extremely difficult for Pedro to reach his old level of performances back, and impossible to surpass it, while Alexis could progress a lot. This seasons they both clearly underperformed

ryuken

I'll tolerate him for another season, but if this kind of bad form continue then we might as well sold him for peanuts and save the salary.

Mr Hulot

He is finishing strong his season like last year, but it is not now that we need him to play good. Nonetheless, he and Alexis are trying to make up for their bad season.

BerkeleyBernie

He is finishing strong his season like last year, but it is not now that we need him to play good. Nonetheless, he and Alexis are trying to make up for their bad season.

Messi gone = room for others.

Playing Messi central may be the smart percentage (as long as he is healthy) for goalscoring, but no question that it relegates the other forwards to the wings, not their natural positions.

Mr Hulot

Espanyol is now, together with Real Madrid, the team against which Pedro has scored most (5) of his 68 Barcelona goals.

The player of the derbies and important games :worthy:

Home of Barca Fans