Pedro Rodriguez

CatalinR10

Considering the price we paid for him, he ought to be better than Villa (and other high profile forwards), not Pedro. The fact that he's constantly being compared to Pedro, who's been in absolutely shit form for the past two years, only goes to show what a huge flop he is.

It's also true that Sanchez is a flop but this discussion doesn't have anything to do with Villa or other forwards .It was only about Pedro vs Sanchez, where based on the last 2 seasons , Sanchez is the better one.

Stric

It's also true that Sanchez is a flop but this discussion doesn't have anything to do with Villa or other forwards .It was only about Pedro vs Sanchez, where based on the last 2 seasons , Sanchez is the better one.

As far as goals and assists go, yes, he is. But he's only improved these stats recently. Alexis had exactly ONE league goal up until mid-March. That's one goal in about 7 or 8 months. Pedro had 7 or something like that. So it's not as if he's been the better player all along. Anyway, I'm just saying... he's supposed to be the better player, that's why we spent a fortune on him.

Mr Hulot

Oh dear, oh dear - he is not even remotely as good as Sanchez, and will never be. If not La Masia and that he was a part of Pep's machine (but individually he can't do sh*t tbh) he would be out last transfer period already.

Edit: Sanchez maybe isn't the best goalscorer I've seen, but his passing, linking up, technique, crossing, dribbling - well about everything else beside finishing (even though he already scored more goals than Pedro this season with less minutes played) - he can do much better than Pedro.

Are you a Barca fan only for 2 years? If not, then you will know that Alexis hasn't even approached the level of Pedro's performances from 09/10 and 10/11 seasons. I think that Alexis is the one that should try and prove that he can play in Pedro's level and not the other way around as you present it.

ryuken

Even Pedro has not been playing at his level in 10/11 season, he basically declines every year and still got a guarantee starting XI spot. Pep benched him last season and he still hasnt improved shiet, and now Tito has a man crush on him.

e28makaveli

Will be a tough decision but if I were to pick today, I will go for Pedro. I think he is an overall better contributor to the team's overall performance. Also, Pedro is a lot more robust and less injury prone. Sanchez has some potential but is also lacking confidence and falls too much for my liking.

El Guaje

Are you a Barca fan only for 2 years? If not, then you will know that Alexis hasn't even approached the level of Pedro's performances from 09/10 and 10/11 seasons. I think that Alexis is the one that should try and prove that he can play in Pedro's level and not the other way around as you present it.

Have you seen Alexis with Udinese and Chile? I dont think so, because if you did you wouldnt have said what you just did.

Mr Hulot

It has to do with Messi. Pedro Sanchez (even Villa sometimes) always prefer to lay if for Messi even when they have a good shot on goal. Its clear that they do it on Tito's instructions.

They have no instructions to do that in my opinion. It is just that they seem to have developed an inferiority complex towards Messi and they always seem to find comfort in passing the ball to him.

Mr Hulot

Have you seen Alexis with Udinese and Chile? I dont think so, because if you did you wouldnt have said what you just did.

I have seen the Youtube videos, not the full matches and of course I was really excited when we signed him, but the truth is that he never reached those youtube level of performances in our shirt. Also, it is really different to play well in a counter-attacking Italian team that cannot even challenge for their league title and a different thing to play in a team that challenges for CL every year. And to strengthen my point, I would say that when it really mattered, even in his worst year with our shirt, Pedro was the one who stepped up and scored the winning goal vs PsG, whereas Alexis was missing chances left and right in the first leg.

Ronnie10

Alexis Sanchez the Udinese and Chile version is much worse than the Pedro from 2011. That Pedro was outperforming even the likes of Henry, Ibrahimovic and Villa that happened to play with him in the same team. When was the last time Sanchez scored 20 goals a season?

Well have your seen what Andy Carroll was doing in Newcastle?

J

jiopi

Alexis Sanchez the Udinese and Chile version is much worse than the Pedro from 2011. That Pedro was outperforming even the likes of Henry, Ibrahimovic and Villa that happened to play with him in the same team. When was the last time Sanchez scored 20 goals a season?

Well have your seen what Andy Carroll was doing in Newcastle?
Since your argument involves scored goals, here's more thorough statistical evaluation from whoscored. League rating 10-11

Sanchez, Udinese 7.53
Pedro, Barcelona 7.35

Ronnie10

Since your argument involves scored goals, here's more thorough statistical evaluation from whoscored. League rating 10-11

Sanchez, Udinese 7.53
Pedro, Barcelona 7.35

Season 2010/11

Sanchez Serie A 31 games - 12 goals - 199 minutes per goal

Pedro Primera División 33 games - 13 goals - 164 minutes per goal
UEFA Champions League 12 games - 5 goals - 155 minutes per goal
Copa del Rey 7 games - 4 goals - 155 minutes per goal

from transfermarkt.

hadilee666

Even Pedro has not been playing at his level in 10/11 season, he basically declines every year and still got a guarantee starting XI spot. Pep benched him last season and he still hasnt improved shiet, and now Tito has a man crush on him.

Replace Tito with Sir Alex Ferguson!

Stats Wars !
Both need to seriously get better or Neymar, Tello and deulofeu will bench them both. Alexis seems on the way, Pedro is not.

Hadilee is obviously ironic, SAF will never coach again or work for another club

Home of Barca Fans