Pedro Rodriguez

Science Kid

Haha, pedro is a good guy, love how he smile like a spanish pocket thief or something. Too good for the bench really, but Barca is Barca.

Not really.When he was a starter,Barca won the champions league in a dominant fashion.With Sanchez as a starter,they lost 7-0 to Bayern in the semis.

Sanchez and Neymar cost a lot more,so they play more in the starting line-up.

V

voodoomaster

Eh, when pedro was a starter we had the best team of all times with a lot of players peaking, cant say the same today or against munchen(with pedro we would have won 5-0 right?). Secondly, players dont start because of their price tag - thats Tatas and every reasonbly managers policy. Sanchez had deserved the spot.

Science Kid

Eh, when pedro was a starter we had the best team of all times with a lot of players peaking, cant say the same today or against munchen(with pedro we would have won 5-0 right?). Secondly, players dont start because of their price tag - thats Tatas and every reasonbly managers policy. Sanchez had deserved the spot.

I completely disagree but whatever.The most unnecessary player Pep bought for Barcelona...not the worst mind you,but the most unnecessary.Pedro was in God mode at the end of the 2010/11 season scored both in the semis and in the final.And instead of buying defenders Pep bought Cesc and Sanchez,constantly trying to fit them in even when it was obvious that they don't,ruining both Villa's and Pedro's confidence/form in the process,Villa was not the same player even before the injury.

Barca has yet to recover from those signings.They could have easily defeated Chelsea and Bayern in 2011/12 if Sanchez wasn't so awful,wasting so many chances and Pep's improvising meant playing Keita instead of Pedro at 2-1.

Pep's run from 2008/11 was the greatest as far as i'm concerned but he messed the season 2011/12 season pretty badly and it all started with the signings of Sanchez/Cesc.Barca had the team to defend the both titles but Pep wanted to use the team as a his video game football manager,constantly tinkering,even when things were working,trying desperately to work the 3-4-3,etc...and of course,he left right after.

Last edited:
V

voodoomaster

Haha, you really hate sanchez dont you? First of all, you cant generalize a players essential value due to two matches. Secondly, it was his first season, only a fool Will argue that he hasnt improved immensily this season. There are other things you say, detailes which I wont Take further, where I disagree. Anyway, you say some really true things, peps last season wasnt very good - nobody ever talks about it. The fact that we see 2014 and havent bought defenders is quite shocking for a club of this stature. And lastly, yes, pep used big money on worthless players.

Science Kid

Do i hate Sanchez?Not at all,he's a football player that has decent manners on the field and i don't know him outside the field.

I associate him and Cesc with the end of Barca's fearful run from 2008/11...when the team was incredibly gelled,smooth and organised.All that went away to insert him and Cesc in the team and justify the money thrown at them.I,of course,am aware that he's better now than he was two years ago but still,he wasn't necessary then and still isn't.You can have Neymar/Messi/Pedro and you lose nothing.Pedro is just as good defensively,way better finisher and has a lot better first touch,which is a primal quality for a Barca player.

V

voodoomaster

I meant as a player of course, not person. You talk about ney/messi/pedro. Well, goôd trio, but pedro on the right? I dont know about that. You also say "way better" and so on, I dont agree, pedro has Barca DNA, but I hold sanchez as a better player. But Its not that important. What you fail to see is that the whole team was over the top in 2011/2012, it wasnt due to fab/Alex that we suddenly worsened, mainly age and the WRONG kind of reinforcement. Put otherwise; if we hadnt bought anyone, our 2011/12 team would not be as good as 2010/11.

Alarcón

Not really.When he was a starter,Barca won the champions league in a dominant fashion.With Sanchez as a starter,they lost 7-0 to Bayern in the semis.

Sanchez and Neymar cost a lot more,so they play more in the starting line-up.

Lol yeah we lost 0-7 to Bayern because of Alexis

DinhoR10

I meant as a player of course, not person. You talk about ney/messi/pedro. Well, goôd trio, but pedro on the right? I dont know about that. You also say "way better" and so on, I dont agree, pedro has Barca DNA, but I hold sanchez as a better player. But Its not that important. What you fail to see is that the whole team was over the top in 2011/2012, it wasnt due to fab/Alex that we suddenly worsened, mainly age and the WRONG kind of reinforcement. Put otherwise; if we hadnt bought anyone, our 2011/12 team would not be as good as 2010/11.

How is sanchez better may i ask? Pedro has a better more consistent shot, can cut in with both feet and dribble past one or two players with ease (Although he does that mostly with spain) , is the bet crosser of the ball on the team and they're speed is comparable. The only thing Sanchez has him beat in is arial ability. Now im not saying sanchez isnt a good player or anything like that but theres nothing to say that sanchez is better than pedro.

Co0ter

I completely disagree but whatever.The most unnecessary player Pep bought for Barcelona...not the worst mind you,but the most unnecessary.Pedro was in God mode at the end of the 2010/11 season scored both in the semis and in the final.And instead of buying defenders Pep bought Cesc and Sanchez,constantly trying to fit them in even when it was obvious that they don't,ruining both Villa's and Pedro's confidence/form in the process,Villa was not the same player even before the injury.

Barca has yet to recover from those signings.They could have easily defeated Chelsea and Bayern in 2011/12 if Sanchez wasn't so awful,wasting so many chances and Pep's improvising meant playing Keita instead of Pedro at 2-1.

Pep's run from 2008/11 was the greatest as far as i'm concerned but he messed the season 2011/12 season pretty badly and it all started with the signings of Sanchez/Cesc.Barca had the team to defend the both titles but Pep wanted to use the team as a his video game football manager,constantly tinkering,even when things were working,trying desperately to work the 3-4-3,etc...and of course,he left right after.
Honestly, I can't disagree. We bought Villa and he AND Pedro had their best seasons for the club and we won the Champion's League. We didn't need Sanchez then. Cesc I could argue. I would like him brought into the team but trained AND used as a midfielder....which is what he is. Not forced into being a false nine. Cesc was amazing at Arsenal and has immense talent, he is creative and has that killer pass....he has/had a place in the team...and yes we bought someone better than Thiago...waiting to see if Thiago turned out as good/better in 3/4 years....thats a different convo.

Good post imo.

Last edited:

ss81bja

I remember there was a stat where in all of Europe, Pedro shot to goal percentage was the highest. That is the sign of a center forward. I always tell people Pedro is played out of position and plays there only because Messi is our false 9. Our "static " formation is getting tired and other teams are getting use to it. If it was me i would try a formation where Neymar and Alexis is on the outside Pedro the true 9# and Messi the second striker. That way you have two options coming through the centre with the outside forwards being options. Pedro doesn't have outside forward / winger skills but has a one touch quality about him.

CatalinR10

Barcelona had a first contact with Pedro (26) about his future. The club want to renew his contract, that now expires in 2016. [md]

Qonny

Against Real Madrid next week, I'd like to see the Xavi- Iniesta - Cesc - Busquets midfield, but with Pedro up front with Messi instead of neymar.

Home of Barca Fans