Pedro Rodriguez

Pepe Silvia

Looking at it objectively it is a clear choice. He needs to go. If the choice is emotional then we will have more of the same stagnant attack and he stays.

Richard.H

Alexis is a much more versatile player than Pedro. Both are valuable players but if any team offers 25+ mill for him I'd sell right away

BerkeleyBernie

It's funny...I came across some old game highlights today- Arsenal w/Ibra, Atletico w/Aguero...the number of chances not completed by Messi/Ibra/et al is hardly different than the missed opportunities by Sanchez and Pedro, and there was *tons* more space. Then, in the AM game, it was exactly the same Xavi we see today, playing rather deep, protecting the ball with sideways passes, moving it to the wings, and an occasional long ball over the top. It's clear it's not so much about the decline or ineffectiveness of certain players, but that so many more teams today play so defensively against Barça that goals are hard to come by with the current tactics (or perhaps, any tactics; a well organized bus is ridiculously hard to break down; excruciatingly dull, but effective). FFS, Barça lost the league this year by 1 goal, and had the misfortune to be knocked out by the best defensive team in the world this year in the CL. No one can legitimately argue that Barça is not in the top 5 teams in the world this year, perhaps even in the top 3. The expectations of some Forumites are astronomically high beyond reason. The biggest difference between this Barça and those of the past few years is a few less goals in a handful of games against better buses and a few more goals for opponents allowed by a hobbled defense (the one area Barça *clearly* needs to rebuild, and has for some time).

The buses won't stop, but with a handful of good transfers, and good management and tactics (that won't try to shoehorn Neymar and Cesc into games just for airtime) that focus on a recommitment to Barça's technical strengths, Barça will still be one of the top 3 teams in the world, with an excellent shot at being the top dog.

anguy

So you want to sell Pedro and Alexis to compete for La Liga and CL with La Masia players with 0 experience in big games ?

Like I already said it's not just about pure quality, the attack must become bigger ---> Pedro and Alexis who are too similar to Messi and Neymar must go.

CatalinR10

Like I already said it's not just about pure quality, the attack must become bigger ---> Pedro and Alexis who are too similar to Messi and Neymar must go.

Selling both Alexis and Pedro to replace them with La Masia players is just dumb. We would just weaken our offensive force.

I would want Pedro to be sold. That's all . Alexis also but only if we get Suarez or Reus. Aguero seems to be injury prone.

Galning

My face when Barça Forum realises we won't sell Pedro

tumblr_mqpg67A6eg1sppmago1_400.gif

Pepe Silvia

So you want to sell Pedro and Alexis to compete for La Liga and CL with La Masia players with 0 experience in big games ?

:lol:
You miss the part where I also said transfers, like Reus, Aguero, etc? Also at one point neither Pedro nor busquets had any experience but a coach took a chance on them. Sometimes like in this case it's necessary to take risks.

Last edited:

Shegzy

Selling both Alexis and Pedro to replace them with La Masia players is just dumb. We would just weaken our offensive force.

I would want Pedro to be sold. That's all . Alexis also but only if we get Suarez or Reus. Aguero seems to be injury prone.

get Carlos vela and gameiro to replace them.

Home of Barca Fans