Pedro Rodriguez

BerkeleyBernie

any team would love to have him, And he would make first 11 of any team in the world right now. We would be foolish to let him go. The guy has immense workrate , is a very good goal scorer, one of the best when it comes to one on one.

And he is a team player. Makes sacrifices, he plays tactical off the ball games most of the time he plays, and defends a lot aswell. That is why you don't see him on the screen much.
He doesn't go missing if he is staying out wide to keep the back four stretched.
I don't think either him or alexis is going to leave us in the forseeable future.

+1 :beer2:

something which will happen to al little players you want buy as a replacement (Reus, Aguero,..)
they are all strong when on counterattack, having space, one on one,...

+1 Don't hate the playah, hate the game.

There's only one problem offensively with Barça, and that is facing buses. It's BS that Messi is being more marked because Pedro/Alexis/Neymar/(insert any name here) is "ineffective" on the wings. That's the nature of the bus: whoever tries to penetrate, wing or center, gets immediately swarmed by the nearest defenders, but the shape doesn't essentially change to create openings anywhere else. Messi is the best dribbler in the world, and even he has difficulty breaking through.

Defensively, Barça can obviously improve on their biggest weakness, free headers from set pieces. On offense, the tactics need to be adjusted slightly for buses: players need to be more selfish in and around the box, instead of looking for a final clever 1-2 pass in such congested space. Instead, any player in a dangerous area should dribble in, trying to draw the foul, or get off a shot. Pedro has plenty of skills to do just that, but, like many of Barça players, has that instinct/skills to protect the ball and move it to an open player. Buses severely limit the possibility of creating classic Barça team goals, and it's going to take an adjustment to have players play more selfish. Possession and tiki-taka moving the ball up the field and around the bus against teams sitting deep. But dribble into the box at the slightest opening.

barcanuck

I'd rather take a chance on Rafinha or Adama on the wing than Pedro. He has done his duty but those 2 young kids have more strength which we need.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
I'd rather take a chance on Rafinha or Adama on the wing than Pedro. He has done his duty but those 2 young kids have more strength which we need.

I'm all for giving chances to Adama and Rafinha, but you are crazy if you think all of a sudden they'll be better than Pedro... Adama should come to replace Tello, only with proper management...

barcanuck

I'm all for giving chances to Adama and Rafinha, but you are crazy if you think all of a sudden they'll be better than Pedro... Adama should come to replace Tello, only with proper management...

Rafinha is ready to replace Pedro I have no doubts and Adama to take Tello minutes.

Kohe321

How is thinking this crazy? This logic of putting more weight and priority on player name over performance has been one of our main problems for a long time now, and it has completely hampered the development of our youthplayers. Pedro has been absolutely abysmal for a long time now, and I think it's very fair to think that Adama would be much better than him if given the chance, even at the top level. Seriously, just look at Raheem Sterling in Liverpool and how he raised his level with the challenge this season. His growth has been unbelievable.

Let's use Bartra as an example from our own club. Look at how much he has grown as a CB this season after finally getting to play a few games back to back. The fact that Pique had to get injured for a few weeks for this to happen is real problem. I hope Luis Enrique will make us start emphasizing our homegrown talent again next season, because at the end of the day our foundation is La Masia.

Last edited:
L

linetty

Pedro should be monitored at the WC. I don't doubt his quality. . . . Tata just made him overly match rusty.
No reason to monitor him at WC, he is a completely different player when playing for his NT

Devils

Selling Pedro would be one of those you don't know what you got until it's gone sells.

People have very short memories on here. He goes through a bad spell and it's always sell sell sell. He was brilliant in the first half of the season and was in great form but was unfairly benched by an out of form Neymar/Cesc.

Pedro is absolutely brilliant for Spain, he's scored multiple times in Clasicos, scored in the CL final and was at the attack of the 2010/2012 what is considered to be the greatest Barca team of all time.

If you put a sale tag on him I would be more than willing to bet that most top teams in the world would put bids in for him because they know his qualities. I would be confident of Pep luring him into Bayern as well and turn him into the beast he was under Pep.

That being said, if you were to ask this forum 4 months ago if we should sell him or not, the overall consensus would have been a huge 'no'.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Sometimes I'm glad that the forum users here don't run the club. Everything here is so impulsive. One bad game? OMG sell him!!! Struggling to find form due to lack of minutes? OMG sell him!!!

Pedro can be a monster when on form. Same can be said for Alexis. There is no way that we should sell them this summer because it would make us significantly weaker while making our opponents much, much stronger.

Butaan4barca

i think we are not arsenal, so we can't let accomplished, polished, tactically brilliant player leave so that our la massiah potentially world-beaters-currently raw products can have a spot in the lineup. Well, in here i guess all those adamas', and deulofues' will have to slowly take over.

Plus if you take pedro out and put in new players like reus, etc etc. there are two immediate consequences. One you are changing the natural games of those players who you see in other teams and fancy, which only means, in longer run people will bombarding their forum threads with criticism and critique. example: alexis sanches. He was a monster then, and a perfect fit, sell, all those sell villa shouts and buy alexis have now changed to sell alexis and buy this and that.

Now second is most important. Barcelona as a team will lose its identity. Unless we want to be real madrid, we have to stick with technically gifted players, who have great visions, tactical ability, ability to play football with and without the ball, movements , tiki-taka's and one two.

Now since we high possession game, almost 70 mins of the total 90, we stay in opposition half, which makes us defensively vulnerable. Moreover our absolute first teamsers like messi, iniesta, if neymar, just can't defend to great extend. And a major reason for that is most of the time when we are hit with attack they are too up to comeback.
Now another point is, we are a team, with an average height of 5.7-.58 And plus are fullback like go to forward (now this is tactically compulsory), you don't want fullbacks to sit at back when you have the ball 70 mins in the game. So you need extra men up front.

Now from defensive point of view we are weak, on the counter, plus if there is a good crosser, any team will have more players to head the ball in the goal, then the player we will have to defend it away.Which leaves it again absolutely vital for us to press and press hard right from the front.

All of these factors combine and make is absolutely mandatory for us of have players like Pedro and Alexis, especially on the wing side of the forward line. Who can track back and have great one-two and movements. Plus they can give us 15 plus goals per season aswell.

Now i think, the only problem we have is our system has been very successful in the past, but now teams know, how we play. Our possession and stretched wings don't give us crossing possibility as we don't have a tall no 9. Now even if we had one, having just one, makes it more of a gamble than a plan b.

Normally teams have multiple system within a squad, to entertain the skills and abilities of individuals, when lineup changes, their approach changes slightly and tactically orientation becomes somewhat unpredictable, and unsystematic. I think we have been playing systematically since ages. With some standard strengths and weaknesses. Now this tiki-taka possession based system is what we are proud of. So even i don't want it to change. Now for that, we need absolutely right kind of players. And then we can have them have their freedom, and adopt the system slightly to their skills and characteristics, but the primary tiki taka has to stay intact.

Now what i have proposed in the past, in this forum is , either messi has to drop a bit more deeper, to see the ball from deeper positions, and a classical no 9 with two pedro and alexis on sides (neymar will do exceptionally well in no 9(tello as sub) (neymar then can occasionally change to false 9 as a surpise and messi can attack those spaces created by neymar movements). Messi in this case will then be much more effective choosing between three front line players to pass. And if will make him more mobile, free to go anywhere and effective as well. his runs will be much more unpredictable, and he will be a classical no 10 instead of false no 9. Now this doesn't have to be match in - match out strategy, someone with the profile of rafinha can take that role and messi can stay in his usual role.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans