Pedro Rodriguez

Jombi

Pedro is not only a good asset for Barcelona, but his performances for Spain is also testimony to the quality of Pedro. These are the types of players any team need. Having a bunch of hot headed players on the bench who think they are world class is a recipe for discontent in the dressing room.

Gohan

Super Saiyan
He is too good for the bench, but not good enough to be a starter for us. He is caught in the middle, I think within one or two seasons he will leave if he doesn't become a regular starter.

CuleLife4Life

He is too good for the bench, but not good enough to be a starter for us. He is caught in the middle, I think within one or two seasons he will leave if he doesn't become a regular starter.

I thought he came out with statements insinuating this. The thing is, he can't be a starter. Neymar gets pissed when he gets subbed so imagine him being benched. And lets not forget the insane amount of money we paid for him and Suarez. The board will not tolerate one of the star signings not playing. And Messi doesn't even need to be mentioned.

I do believe he'll probably leave this summer. He can definitely be a starter somewhere in Italy (lots of Spaniards succeeding there like Callejon, Morata, and in the past Llorente. Maybe Inter although they have FFP breathing down their back.

Ascom

I like Pedro Rodriguez, he fits nicely in Barça's system, but i agree with most of the users: He is not good enough to bench Neymar. I think he will leave Barcelona in the end of the season and i think for him it's the best decision. He has 27 years, he has quality but he will not play regularly and already won everything he could win for Barcelona, it's the right time for him to embrace a new challenge. Liverpool, Arsenal, Juventus are good and competitive teams that could benefit with Pedrito.

L

linetty

I'm glad Lucho agrees with 99% of this forum and plays Pedro only when he has to or when games are already won. Pedro is nice enough and has a great attitude but football wise he stinks up the place these days. It's embarrassing that people actually believe he is anything remotely close to an asset at this point. And the excuses!! :rofl1:
I think that's a nice summary. lol

Ritchie

It's time for him to move on. I think he's just growing stale here and not offering anything that someone like Tello wouldn't as a squad player.

It's difficult as well when you're purely a back up rather than part of rotation. Let him got for 20 million in the summer rather than lose him for nothing next year.

BBZ8800

I thought he came out with statements insinuating this. The thing is, he can't be a starter. Neymar gets pissed when he gets subbed so imagine him being benched.

And that is so wrong that we are encouraging his (or anyone's) stupidity and diva acting.

And lets not forget the insane amount of money we paid for him and Suarez.

That's a gift from the worst board and biggest frauds in Barca's history.
Overpriced transfers, frauds with transfers, legal suits against us, transfer bans, turning us into Galacticos, not being able to handle those superstars after they overpay them etc.
And now, since we paid them, we have to do whatever those players want?
That is so, so wrong. Stupid Galactico's Rossel's scheme.
No wonder that he is after a 100m Pogba currently also.

The board will not tolerate one of the star signings not playing.

The board is retarded, I think we have concluded that a long ago.
They are able to splash too much for a star player, but they are not able to deal with the consequences of their purchases later.

Last edited:

xavi_the_Boss

Pedro can´t be a starter because he isn´t good enough.Has nothing to do with Neymar or Suarez not wanting to be subbed off(don´t know what´s so bad about it as Enrique subs them off anyway).

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Pedro is not only a good asset for Barcelona, but his performances for Spain is also testimony to the quality of Pedro. These are the types of players any team need. Having a bunch of hot headed players on the bench who think they are world class is a recipe for discontent in the dressing room.

Agreed.
It's sad how all these new fans/Ney fanboys come here to disrespect a guy who has given so much to Barca (and Spain!) and never complained about his status.

xavi_the_Boss

Agreed.
It's sad how all these new fans/Ney fanboys come here to disrespect a guy who has given so much to Barca (and Spain!) and never complained about his status.

His past few season haven´t been good enough.Doesn´t matter what he did 4-5 years ago and Barca shouldn´t care what he does for Spain.
If he can´t handle it to sit on the bench then he should just leave.

Last edited:
L

linetty

Agreed.
I'm not undermining his contribution over the years at all but he's been nothing than a mediocre player for the past 3 years. He's not anymore an important part of Barca and the focus should be on what's now and what will be. If you want to be successful and improve, you can't be stuck in the past. Don't you see what's in front of you?

You're one of the conservative I see. Pedro is the past. Neymar is the future.

mark1nhu

Come on guys...

Everyone here praises Pedro for what he did for us, but we are in 2015 and he is a shadow of the player he once was.

No one should play in first team without deserving the spot. Not even Xavi, a club legend.

Why Pedro should have special treatment?

Zangash

Banned
Agreed.

I can almost guarantee you the majority of people who "disrespect" Pedro are not new fans and Neymar fanboys. You also seem to be implying that liking Neymar as a player somehow has something to do with thinking Pedro is playing on a poor level, which is absurd. Disliking Pedro because you like Neymar is like disliking Masip because you prefer ter Stegen.

KyletheMuslim

Guardiolista
Agreed.

stop living in the past, Pedro was poor in 2011/12,2012/13 and so far this season, he is no longer as reliable as he used to be

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
No one is disrespecting Pedro. Pedro has been a great servant for us since he came into the first team and should be applauded for that. This is 2015 though. Pedro is not a starter anymore just as Xavi isn't either. Neymar is the better player by a long way so should be playing in all the big games. That is so clear that even Pedro himself knows his place in the squad.

Home of Barca Fans