Pedro Rodriguez

M

matheusemp

I'm...failing...to...see...an...argument...here.

You said "could Pedro score those goals?" I said "yes, he has the ability," and I showed you. Neymar's goals, like Pedro's, are those of a very good finisher, but not in the same league as a Messi or Suarez, who are magicians who can make something out of nothing. This is why his run of bad form is not surprising to me. He's not exceptional, and is bound to hit bad patches.

Then you brought up Xavi, and I said it's not comparable, because Pedro's decline is not due to physical limitations.

What is unclear?

It's clear that Pedro in current form has not been scoring consistently. That's not debatable, either.

You also (falsely) assume that all player acquisitions have to do with improving the team. While there are many players who might play successfully on the left wing in Barça's system, that is not the primary reason Neymar was purchased. Neymar's biggest asset to the Barça management is that he is a global brand. Though he had a good run of finishing form at the beginning of the season, there are other players Barça could have purchased who would have 1) been better than Pedro in current form, 2) been a better fit with Barça's style.
First, just because he did on past, doesnt mean he can do today, and xavi problem isnt physical lol, if he were making great passes like he used to do, he still would be good even without running alot, there plenty of other midfielders who played much better in xavi age and they had no pace either.

M

matheusemp

Calm down dude, you just hit him too hard :lol:
014.jpg

:worthy: :hooray:

BerkeleyBernie

Neymar has a bad run of form (umm, how many chances did he miss in the CL game that resemble PEDRO'S AMAZING MISS, COPA DEL REY), I say absolutely nothing about it, and BarçaForum floods the Pedro thread to bash a player who didn't play, and looking to pick a fight with me.

Yup, BarçaForum logic. :D Look, I'm sorry Neyma® hasn't lived up to your expectations recently. Odds are he'll probably knock a few more in before the end of the season.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Neymar has a bad run of form (umm, how many chances did he miss in the CL game that resemble PEDRO'S AMAZING MISS, COPA DEL REY), I say absolutely nothing about it, and BarçaForum floods the Pedro thread to bash a player who didn't play, and looking to pick a fight with me.

We didn't come here to bash Pedro. Bojan came here to say that Pedro should have played instead of Neymar and that it's injustice that Pedro only gets scraps while Neymar keeps playing in bad form. That opened the floodgates and here we are.

M

matheusemp

Yup, BarçaForum logic. :D Look, I'm sorry Neyma® hasn't lived up to your expectations recently. Odds are he'll probably knock a few more in before the end of the season.
And you come to neymar thread everytime he does something wrong, just to hype pedro

Richard.H

This whole back and forth argument can be directly related to this vid:

Player making fun of Ruud Van Nistelroy = Berkeley Bernie

Ruud Van Nisteelroy = Neymar and his fans

BerkeleyBernie

And you come to neymar thread everytime he does something wrong, just to hype pedro

Umm, go show me ALLLLLLL the posts I made in the Neymar thread about his appearance against Manchester.

With his screenshots. Bernie works in mysterious ways. Seem to disappear when Neymar does well though.

Apparently when he does poorly, too.

We didn't come here to bash Pedro. Bojan came here to say that Pedro should have played instead of Neymar and that it's injustice that Pedro only gets scraps while Neymar keeps playing in bad form. That opened the floodgates and here we are.

:) And, if you read my post, I supported Lucho's coaching decision to keep Neymar in the game. Because I hate Neymar and love Pedro so much, obviously. :D

Last edited:

Richard.H

^Berkeley, to be fair, I have seen you shit on Neymar multiple times in his thread. Not for the City game (coincidentally) but for many other games you have. I also found that in the games he does bad, you also tend to post on the Pedro thread. You also immediately defend Pedro in the games he played this season (which most have been horrible for him).

I'm too lazy to actually go through the Neymar thread and find your posts, but I'm sure many other posters would agree with me.

A lot of users here understand how remarkable Pedro was for our success back in 09-12, but his drop in form has been apparent now for a few years. The fact that you even have Neymar and Pedro in the same sentence is quite insulting to Neymar I must say. One is the main star for his national team while the other barely squeezed into the squad for his country, which has been lacking in the attacking position since David Villa aged.

Last edited:

BerkeleyBernie

^Berkeley, to be fair, I have seen you shit on Neymar multiple times in his thread. Not for the City game (coincidentally) but for many other games you have. I also found that in the games he does bad, you also tend to post on the Pedro thread. You also immediately defend Pedro in the games he played this season (which most have been horrible for him).

I'm too lazy to actually go through the Neymar thread and find your posts, but I'm sure many other posters would agree with me.

A lot of users here understand how remarkable Pedro was for our success back in 09-12, but his drop in form has been apparent now for a few years. The fact that you even have Neymar and Pedro in the same sentence is quite insulting to Neymar I must say. One is a star for his national team while the other barely squeezed into the squad for his country, which has been lacking in the attacking position since David Villa aged.

To be fair, I am critical of *aspects* of Neymar's game (the ones related to teamwork, which is the reason I am a Barcelona fan). Unlike most of the rest here, I don't go postal on a player for not scoring, which I really don't care about much, except as a result of exceptional teamwork. Likewise, I really don't care much about a player scoring, unless it is the result of beautiful teamwork or exceptional individual skill. One of my favorite moves of the last game was the Neymar-Messi-Iniesta-Messi combo. Would have been great had it gone in, but to me that's entertainment.

So I'm always going to favor players who try to serve the team, keep the ball moving, and trust in their teammates. That's what entertains me. That's why I cut Rakitic slack- even though he's not technically (as of yet) up to Barça's passing game, he does try to move the ball.

M

matheusemp

To be fair, I am critical of *aspects* of Neymar's game (the ones related to teamwork, which is the reason I am a Barcelona fan). Unlike most of the rest here, I don't go postal on a player for not scoring, which I really don't care about much, except as a result of exceptional teamwork. Likewise, I really don't care much about a player scoring, unless it is the result of beautiful teamwork or exceptional individual skill. One of my favorite moves of the last game was the Neymar-Messi-Iniesta-Messi combo. Would have been great had it gone in, but to me that's entertainment.

So I'm always going to favor players who try to serve the team, keep the ball moving, and trust in their teammates. That's what entertains me. That's why I cut Rakitic slack- even though he's not technically (as of yet) up to Barça's passing game, he does try to move the ball.
Just watch another sport, moving ball doesnt win games

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

The way you understand football is wrong. Please start watching basketball. There they move the ball a lot.

Home of Barca Fans