Pedro Rodriguez

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Hence the bitter-sweet .. I'm very happy with the 2wins, it was a difficult week, but we all saw all the missed opportunities, humiliating City would have freaked out RM even more, and humiliating RM .. well, that would just have been great on it's own :D hehe

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
i think you guys are being a bit too demanding. beating manchester city and real madrid in the span of 4-5 days isn't just any ordinary task. with that said, it's only a matter of time before all the cards fold right for us and we decimate a top team :)

But we created the chances to do so much more. I'm not mad. It only shows that we can get even better.

BerkeleyBernie

More than his goal here (from a perfect Iniesta pass), my favorite moment is his gorgeous vision/touch to set Messi up in the box at 0:40

BBZ8800

I'm all for argumenting without attitude !

Speaking of Pedro, I'm sure we'll still miss him if he leaves, everybody's talking about Dybala, Reus etc .. that's all sweet, but none of them will want to be benched all the time.

They won't be benched all the time:
1. you have Champions league group matches
2. you have a lots of national cup's matches
3. you have easier La liga matches at home
4. you have matches when MSN needs to be rested
5. players will sometimes have yellow/red cards
6. MSN trio will sometimes get injured
7. Neymar will surely have similar episodes like currently

So, no reason for a 4th attacker not to get at least 20-25 appearances (some in the last 30 minutes, of course).
Probably even 30 appearances.
We play around 60 matches per Season (La Liga, cup, Champions league)

Last edited:

JamDav1982

BBZ8800 - what is your point about not having the strength of depth as previous?

Is it that Neymar has it easy as knows cant be dropped or is it team weaker as don't have other players to come in when off form?

BBZ8800

BBZ8800 - what is your point about not having the strength of depth as previous?

Is it that Neymar has it easy as knows cant be dropped or is it team weaker as don't have other players to come in when off form?

Both.
1. MSN trio will have to play good all the time, even though we know that Messi can never be benched
2. currently we have been lucky with injuries
-- for example, in 2005-2006 (2 Seasons) we had Gabri, Motta, Larsson, Xavi, Edmilson=5 players all injured knee ligaments, and all of them were sidelined for 6 Months

Let's face it, 90% of fans think that Pedro is not good enough anymore, so more or less, we have only 3 playable forwards.
1. MSN trio can do whatever they want
2. and imagine a 3-4 Months injury for Messi, Suarez or Ney. We are screwed then.
-- or imagine now both Messi and Suarez getting injured for 1 Month
-- whom would we play in the final matches in La liga and CL?
= Neymar, Munir, Pedro?

So, I don't like:
1. the arrogance and the attitude of some players like: I can do whatever I want, I can never be benched. I am a hollywood superstar
2. I don't like that we really don't have other options and they can play weaker, like today, and we can't do anything about it (because we don't have anyone who can replace them)
3. injuries and possible accumulated fatigue over 2-3 Seasons
-- MSN is fine currently
-- imagine 2 Seasons in a row playing all the time. They will crash in the next Season the same as Real's BBC trio currently
-- you can't play 3 players forever. It can work for some time, and even now it is extremely risky
-- but we will pay the price sooner or later. They will either get injured or run out of gas/energy

Last edited:

Zangash

Banned
Pedro, Rafinha, and at a push Iniesta could all be moved to play in a front three.

Pedro sucks and is at an age where improvement is extremely unlikely. Rafinha, however forward minded he may be, is still just a midfielder who lacks any qualities in the box. Iniesta would actually be worse in the front three than Pedro and Rafinha.

Our front line truly is screwed if any situation like the one BBZ brings up happens. That's part of why I really wish we'd promote one or both of Munir or Sandro and give them some minutes.

JamDav1982

Pedro sucks and is at an age where improvement is extremely unlikely. Rafinha, however forward minded he may be, is still just a midfielder who lacks any qualities in the box. Iniesta would actually be worse in the front three than Pedro and Rafinha.

Our front line truly is screwed if any situation like the one BBZ brings up happens. That's part of why I really wish we'd promote one or both of Munir or Sandro and give them some minutes.

Rafinha played false nine in B team and left of a front three on a good few occasions at Celta. Personally think he suits being in front three more than midfield even though he lacks a bit of pace.

Pedro is still a very good back up player. Not good enough to be a starter but well worth his place in the squad.

Iniesta did well on LW a few seasons back and can play there if require quite easily and wouldn't be a miss in the middle as much as previously.

All three of Rafinha, Pedro and Iniesta would be a good bit ahead of Munir and Sandro as options.

Zangash

Banned
Rafinha played false nine in B team and left of a front three on a good few occasions at Celta. Personally think he suits being in front three more than midfield even though he lacks a bit of pace.

Pedro is still a very good back up player. Not good enough to be a starter but well worth his place in the squad.

Iniesta did well on LW a few seasons back and can play there if require quite easily and wouldn't be a miss in the middle as much as previously.

All three of Rafinha, Pedro and Iniesta would be a good bit ahead of Munir and Sandro as options.

We no longer utilize a false-9, although if we went back to it we'd probably be a much better team (imo). Overall Rafinha is tricky. He's a CAM minded player on a team that doesn't use CAMs. When you get down to it Messi is more or less exactly the same I guess, but he's Messi.

Iniesta played as a LW under Tito. That's when we used a false 9 and two wingers who were instructed to make wide runs instead of piercing centrally as they are now. With Messi on the RW the left winger also now has the role of supplying goals, as Messi's cross field pass is one of our most dangerous moves now. Iniesta wouldn't be able to operate there under Lucho's current tactics.

Pedro isn't good enough to ever start a game, ever. Maybe early rounds of the Copa if we feel like padding his stats. If he comes on in the last 10-20 minutes that's fine but I thought we were talking about potential replacements if something were to happen to our starting lineup, and if we used Pedro in such situations we'd be handicapping ourselves.

Zangash

Banned
Awesome :lol:

These kind of rabid posts together with double account kids riding on Ney's glorytrain have no place here.
That's the last time I see you troll in here.

Is there something wrong with the rest of my post or just that sentence in particular?

F

Flavia

I don't get why Pedro and Neymar are being antagonized so much... They're both Barça players. And they seem to like each other. Neymar has publicly praised Pedro.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I don't get why Pedro and Neymar are being antagonized so much... They're both Barça players. And they seem to like each other. Neymar has publicly praised Pedro.

I agree. They are both Barca players. And as Barca fans, we should support both.

I don't agree with Zangash that Pedro "isn't good enough to start ever." However, it was likely hyperbolic phrasing on his part to convey his point.

However, what I believe, and I think many will agree with me, is that replacing Neymar with Pedro would be detrimental to our attack. This is because Pedro, unlike Neymar, no longer has the reputation of being a truly dangerous player who can hurt teams with individual brilliance. As such opposition teams won't focus on him too much and will dedicate more attention to Messi and Suarez which, overall, makes things harder for us. This of course isn't helped by Pedro seeming to be too eager to impress Lucho these days and taking a few unlikely shots with the ball, when in the past he wouldn't have done so.

Home of Barca Fans