Pedro Rodriguez

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
That system is overall more effective than the one we have now. Give Messi the ball through the center and dominate midfield.

Do we have the players for a more midfield orientated team who can dominate games?

Ask yourself that question before replying.

You don't do something just for the sake of it. Right now we don't have the players for that so we'll have to resort to this for the time being.

G

Gasgas

Do we have the players for a more midfield orientated team who can dominate games?

You don't do something just for the sake of it. Right now we don't have the players for that so we'll have to resort to this for the time being.

:goodpost:

JamDav1982

I'm sorry, but what? How is it the coach's fault that the board failed in bringing him the player he wanted (Koke)?

Koke never wanted to move.

How is that anyones fault?

If the players you want dont want to move you need alternatives. They took in Rakitic and promoted Rafinha on the say so of Lucho. The standard of the midfield is on Lucho.

Zangash

Banned

We don't have the players for such a style by our own volition.

There is no reason why Kroos shouldn't have started against Celta today. Kroos, Iniesta/Rakatic, and Busquets would dominate any midfield. I know what you're going to say, that Kroos plays for Los Blancos.

And that's the problem.

Zangash

Banned
I'm sorry, but what? How is it the coach's fault that the board failed in bringing him the player he wanted (Koke)?

Koke would be just as ineffective in this current system as Iniesta. If one of the greatest midfielders of all time can't put a mark on any given game I don't see how Koke would magically make things better.

F

Flavia

He didn't want kroos. Kroos/Xavi-Busi-Rakitic/Iniesta would be better than what we currently have. And kroos didn't come so he wouldn't stall some players (rafinha, roberto) development. That was the story. Lack of vision, imo. Now we suffer.
Sending all wingers on loan, and not bringing anyone was also lack of vision, imo.

Pepe Silvia

Wish he was a good option for Neymar but the truth is he doesn't offer enough on his own and has become, over the last years, predictable and easy to contain. He just is not a threat.

footyfan

Calma, calma
That system is overall more effective than the one we have now. Give Messi the ball through the center and dominate midfield.

Yes, that would work against Celta or Rayo - but not against Madrid, PSG, Atleti or Bayern. Messi will just get swamped in the middle by the better teams and go into his shell.

Home of Barca Fans