Pedro Rodriguez

Zangash

Banned
Munir more versatile than Pedro?

Pedro would be a good bit ahead of Munir at LW, RW and CF cant play midfield and isnt as quick.

Sell Pedro and promote Munir is a huge drop in standard currently.

Their quality doesn't matter. Pedro is used primarily to rest players, not help us win.

xavi_the_Boss

What shit performance did he have? He barely plays this season. It's amazing he still has more assists than Neymar and was able to score 10+ goals with minutes he had and playing as waterboy

Not that amazing.Almost half of his goals were against Huesca and Elche in the CDR.

Munir more versatile than Pedro?

Pedro would be a good bit ahead of Munir at LW, RW and CF cant play midfield and isnt as quick.

Sell Pedro and promote Munir is a huge drop in standard currently.

Pedro is obviously better than him, but the fact that he is a CF who can play as wide forward on both sides means that we can rest Suarez while keeping Messi on the wing but still have the same player subbing for Messi/Neymar and not worry about having another player on the periphery wasting away as would be the case if we used a player who could only play CF and another player for the wings.

Edit: Also maybe I just have a La Masia hard-on but I rather give Pedro's mins to a young player with potential theres always the chance that Munir can blossom into a good squad player/ maybe even a starter(obviously not for a long time).

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Pedro is obviously better than him, but the fact that he is a CF who can play as wide forward on both sides means that we can rest Suarez while keeping Messi on the wing but still have the same player subbing for Messi/Neymar and not worry about having another player on the periphery wasting away as would be the case if we used a player who could only play CF and another player for the wings.

Edit: Also maybe I just have a La Masia hard-on but I rather give Pedro's mins to a young player with potential theres always the chance that Munir can blossom into a good squad player/ maybe even a starter(obviously not for a long time).

Pedro currently would be a much better CF for Barca than Munir though.

Pedro currently would be a much better CF for Barca than Munir though.

I'd disagree, the only times I've seen Pedro play CF was when Messi switched positions with him and he never impressed me. He occupied the CBs attention some what but Munir has played in that position for us and has played well (Scoring and assisting albiet only one time each).

JamDav1982

I'd disagree, the only times I've seen Pedro play CF was when Messi switched positions with him and he never impressed me. He occupied the CBs attention some what but Munir has played in that position for us and has played well (Scoring and assisting albiet only one time each).

Pedro played CF for Spain and scored something like 10 in the calendar year.

Munir barely scores for the B team at moment.

Also when Messi was absent last season Pedro scored a hat trick away to Getafe to win game when 2-0 down. He is miles ahead of Munir currently on any position across front three from what they have shown.

Last edited:
Pedro played CF for Spain and scored something like 10 in the calendar year.

Munir barely scores for the B team at moment.

Also when Messi was absent last season Pedro scored a hat trick away to Getafe to win game when 2-0 down. He is miles ahead of Munir currently on any position across front three from what they have shown.

If thats the case - playing well for spain - then i'll take back what I said, I just never saw him play for Barca in that position so the reasoning seemed clear to me. Munir may not be scoring atm but he's always been good for the first team, and by good I don't mean i'm judging him the same way I would judge pedro, i'm comparing him to other B - Team forwards.

Zangash

Banned
Of course quality matters. What happens if one of front three gets injured?

Why not just play Ter Stegen in front three if it is only about resting players..

If one of our front three gets injured we're fucked no matter who we play as the replacement. In such a case quality DOES matter and Pedro is very, very far from being quality enough to serve as a capable stand in.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
:lol: @ "very very far from being quality enough to be a stand in"

Neymar and Suarez while having good seasons so far, both had terrible matches. Pedro is quality enough for a backup role.
You can't have 4 world-class forwards.

Home of Barca Fans