Pedro Rodriguez

Kerrybai

That's what I'm thinking. He's probably feels he should be playing more, which is only natural as a competitor. But the reality is that's he's just not good enough to be a starter at Barca at the moment. Something Pedro just need accept and embrace. Celebrate with your teammates and stop acting out.

Give over, you're speculating over nothing. Pretty much every player runs to the fans... and right after they all embrace in a group.

Its actually kind of a glaring indictment of Neymar's creative contribution this season that Pedro has more assists than him while being invisible half the time he's playing. Won't matter as long as Messi is playing well but I hope when Messi begins to wind down he can step up creatively.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
deulofeu regards himself as important and will want minutes, despite being nowhere near good enough.

if pedro leaves i am all for bringing back cristian tello, an actual talented player and brings something different as an impact sub.

JamDav1982

deulofeu regards himself as important and will want minutes, despite being nowhere near good enough.

if pedro leaves i am all for bringing back cristian tello, an actual talented player and brings something different as an impact sub.

I doubt Tello will come back but agree he would be best option

If Tello is looking at the minutes Pedro got this season all he will see is the reason he has left in first place.

BBZ8800

Tello or any normal footballer who is looking both for his personal career and for club's success won't return/come here under these circumstances.
Pedro, Bartra and Sergi Roberto are the last 3 "good guys" on Earth who are willing to sit and wait for their chance no matter how good they play.

Pedro is the last attacking choice, and he can play some minutes only if someone from MSN somehow loses a leg.
Sergi is virtually the last midfield option, and more or less everyone play more than him (Iniesta, Raki, Busi, Xavi, Rafinha, even Masch as a Dmc).
Bartra will be the 5th defensive option when Vermaelen will be back.

So, there aren't too many guys like these 3 who are willing to sacrifice their personal careers for Barca.

About new attacker, what are his options?
1. Messi wants to play all the time
2. Ney missed a few matches, but caused problems at least two times for being benched (Sociedad, Sevilla)
-- plus, his importance will be bigger and bigger in the upcoming Seasons, so he will usually play more and more, and be benched even less often than now
3. so, the only option is to get some Minutes instead of Suarez (even though, we don't know how he will react to getting benched sometimes, because he was never benched since October, or he missed one match, right?)

So, nobody will want to be a substitute for MSN, except youngsters dreaming about their Barca career like Deulo and Munir.
Or maybe some 34 year old player who signed a last 1-2 year contract before a retirement, and he is willing to sit on the bench in his last days of a career and play the last 10 Minutes against Cordoba when the result is already 6:0.

++ Oh, and not to mention that we can get away with playing MSN without resting in one Season.
But if we will do the same in the next Season, we will eventually pay the price, around March-April 2016.
Two Seasons of accumulated fatigue is a lot.

Last edited:

Zangash

Banned
If Pedro leaves, who will we have for rotation?

Sandro and Munir.

No matter how good or bad you think Pedro is he really isn't doing much to contribute to our season as a whole due to MSN being used for every game, all game. Even now he's no longer used to sub one of our front three off, so you could say any midfielder we have would be able to fill that spot in rotation.

Munir seems like a good fit to me, he only scored one goal and had one assist in his time with the first team this season but it never seemed like we had a youngster on the pitch when he was playing, it always seemed like we had 11 first teamers. Same with Samper which is why I have hope for them.

Munir can also play all across the front line which makes him even more versatile than Pedro for rotation purposes unlike Tello/Deulofeu who are wingers through and through. And also Lucho likes him.

Zangash

Banned
Munir seems like a good fit to me, he only scored one goal and had one assist in his time with the first team this season but it never seemed like we had a youngster on the pitch when he was playing, it always seemed like we had 11 first teamers. Same with Samper which is why I have hope for them.

Munir can also play all across the front line which makes him even more versatile than Pedro for rotation purposes unlike Tello/Deulofeu who are wingers through and through. And also Lucho likes him.

Munir is probably the best option. He seems to learn and adapt the fastest out of any of our young forwards and he'd take these charity minutes Pedro is getting and use them to improve his game. With luck he could actually develop into a player worthy of starting for us consistently when our front line takes its next evolution in the coming years.

Edit: First use of the like button. I can see this becoming a passive aggressive way of joining an argument in the future...

JamDav1982

Munir more versatile than Pedro?

Pedro would be a good bit ahead of Munir at LW, RW and CF cant play midfield and isnt as quick.

Sell Pedro and promote Munir is a huge drop in standard currently.

Home of Barca Fans