Pedro Rodriguez

raskolnikov

Amazing goal. Very happy for him. One of our most loyal servants and a great squad player.

He is 2 goals away from scoring 100 official goals for us. That deserves respect. Not many players have reached or will reach this number playing for us.

I take my sombrero off.
Good chance Pedro won't either.

Leo_Messi

Good chance Pedro won't either.

Well, he seems closer to leaving than staying this summer that's for sure. He might score 2 goals or more in those last 4, hopefully 5, games that remain of the season.

Anyway I thought that it would be interesting to mention his overall goal tally. Just shows how good a servant he has been for the club. Almost 1 goal every 3 games.

raskolnikov

Well, he seems closer to leaving than staying this summer that's for sure. He might score 2 goals or more in those last 4, hopefully 5, games that remain of the season.

Anyway I thought that it would be interesting to mention his overall goal tally. Just shows how good a servant he has been for the club. Almost 1 goal every 3 games.

Back in 2010 and 2011 Pedro would show up in important games, after that he started scoring less and became a usefull teamplayer but you could never expect him to have a moment of brilliance like Suarez vs Madrid or Psg or scoring as often as Neymar deciding important games.
Not to knock the guy but its Obvious he declined after MVP and Pep's dominance ended.

Pedro is a great sub for us but I totally get if he wants to leave this summer.

Leo_Messi

Back in 2010 and 2011 Pedro would show up in important games, after that he started scoring less and became a usefull teamplayer but you could never expect him to have a moment of brilliance like Suarez vs Madrid or Psg or scoring as often as Neymar deciding important games.
Not to knock the guy but its Obvious he declined after MVP and Pep's dominance ended.

Pedro is a great sub for us but I totally get if he wants to leave this summer.

I have always been a big fan of Pedro as a player and as a person but he is really past it. He had a bit of a renaissance last season but ever since the 2010-11 season the arrow has only pointed one way and that's down. Sadly. I would still be inclined to keep him onboard if he is willing to accept his current role on the long run (I doubt this) but I also feel that we could do better.

Look what I wrote in post 7114 in this thread on the 19th of April this year.

We don't disagree. 1 goal won't change my opinion.

If Pedro will leave it would be fully understandable as you wrote yourself. No complains from me. If he stays I won't complain either.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Serious question: do you guys think Pedro is a Barca legend? Or is that limited to Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Puyol, Ronaldinho, Cruyff etc.? How many legends can a club have?

He's in the larsson category of lesser legends. Very important but not one of the superstars.

raskolnikov

What you expect after they ask it right after he scored a beauty? Ask it after a shit performance and it will be the other way.

I like Pedro though as a sub, he stays im happy, he leaves and we get another forward ist also good since it makes sense from his point of view.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
What shit performance did he have? He barely plays this season. It's amazing he still has more assists than Neymar and was able to score 10+ goals with minutes he had and playing as waterboy

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Vast majority of fans in poll ran on Catalan Sport want Pedro to stay at FC Barcelona :)

Good. Unless we get huge (30m+) money for him then I want him to stay as well. Great impact sub and a useful squad player to have.

Only problem is that he is not good enough to be challenging for a starting position week in week out.

JamDav1982

Good. Unless we get huge (30m+) money for him then I want him to stay as well. Great impact sub and a useful squad player to have.

Only problem is that he is not good enough to be challenging for a starting position week in week out.

I want him to stay as well but if he wants to go he has earned the right to.

Even if that means getting less money than worth by going to club of his choice would be happy.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
I want him to stay as well but if he wants to go he has earned the right to.

Even if that means getting less money than worth by going to club of his choice would be happy.

Yeah I agree. If he wants to go then by all means we should let him go as he has earned the right to choose.

mark1nhu

Vast majority of fans in poll ran on Catalan Sport want Pedro to stay at FC Barcelona :)

Nothing different from the expected.

I also want Pedro to stay. He is a valuable support player, a super sub.

You have to be crazy to want Pedro out (same about want him starting over anyone of the trio).

Home of Barca Fans