Pedro Rodriguez

BerkeleyBernie

Neymar is also GREAT fooling offside lines and cutting through defenders. Messi passes are astonishing, of course, but he needs a proper receiver to make it.

I think you also have to count those situations as direct contribution from Neymar.

I agree, he is very good at getting in behind.

BerkeleyBernie

:facepalm:

Whole fucking team switched off in 2nd half. Everyone was bad except Stegen. Some of the users here understand nothing about football. Gloryhunting and fanboyism never ending story on football forums.

Not only that, but the entire formation/tactics shifts when Suarez goes off- we're back to Messi False 9 Walking with no CF in a 2nd half that was a dead rubber. And Messi eager to get on the scoreboard himself. Not at all the same.

This is to take nothing away from MSN who scored two great goals in the first half- and Suarez was the key to both.

Great pass to Neymar in the final moments by Pedro. Neymar could have had his hat trick with his wonderful move inside the box, but tried to give Messi a chance to get on the boards. No shame there.

Last edited:

Heavy

True, but for a player that is getting little game time and unhappy with his position at the club, you'd expect him to at least run like a madman.
How unhappy is he?

Just noticed something in his last goals celebration and the last picture of the team which he doesn't appear.

mark1nhu

Whole team was bad in second half, we were just awful while Bayern put the shit together and really threatened us.

It's impossible to point fingers on Pedro for that.

But it's possible to point out that Pedro over Suarez was a huge drop of quality, limiting our reaction power.

In other words: he was obviously not the problem, but he was not the solution too (not implying that there was any solution at all).

G

Gasgas

Whole team was bad in second half, we were just awful while Bayern put the shit together and really threatened us.

It's impossible to point fingers on Pedro for that.

But it's possible to point out that Pedro over Suarez was a huge drop of quality, limiting our reaction power.

In other words: he was obviously not the problem, but he was not the solution too (not implying that there was any solution at all).

Damn right :rockon:

BBZ8800

Every player who will be the 4th Barca's attacker will be a drop comparing to MSN trio.
No one will want to be a substitute for these 3 unbenchable guys.

That is a curse of having an MSN trio.
While they are fit and healthy, everything is awesome.
When something goes wrong, we are screwed then.

Tiny Kim

Every player who will be the 4th Barca's attacker will be a drop comparing to MSN trio.

Take Balotelli, Borini, Lambert combo then. Everyone is replaceable in the BBL trident. :lol:

GOAT_SUAREZ

We still need a 5th attacking option next to MSN and Pedro and I am very hesitant to move Pedro bc of our transfer ban. I would stay with Pedro+MSN and try to get a guy like Vietto.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
With regard to your private messages option, Gasgas, it could be that your inbox is full. Try deleting some messages.

vinni

We still need a 5th attacking option next to MSN and Pedro and I am very hesitant to move Pedro bc of our transfer ban. I would stay with Pedro+MSN and try to get a guy like Vietto.

I read somewhere that Lucho&co was investigating the possibilty to buy Llorente as our 5th striker. I dont know if there was much truth to it though.

BerkeleyBernie

Pedro is a wing/inside forward, not a CF #9. Pedro can sub for Neymar in the current formation with little effect on the basic tactical formation, but obviously subbing Pedro for either Suarez or Messi changes the whole system. Obviously, no bench player could replace Messi, but a #9 sub could be useful, simply to be able to keep the same tactics when Suarez is subbed out. This is why I currently favor Sandro of Barça's available options, as he plays quite well with his back to goal and can keep the CBs occupied. And his short passing is actually better than either Suarez or Neymar.

The performance in the second half is less a reflection on Pedro than it is on Suarez and the system built around him playing centrally (and the nature of the tie at that point). The performance of all three forwards in the second half was 0 chances created, 1 shot, 0 goals.

Home of Barca Fans