Pedro Rodriguez

K

kingleo1

Apparently Mou and Cesc called him and convinced him to join. I do wonder if he'll start over Willian though, and the way I see it, this is also the nail in the coffin for Cuadrado. Not a bad price, I kinda freaked when I saw you guys saying 30m, but then I realise that's about £21.6m so that's not too bad actually. If it was above £25m I would have been pretty iffy about it.

he probably would start ahead of Willian, for the simple fact that Pedro scores goals, especially with the space he will get in the PL, Pedro should be scoring 15+ goals a season for Chelsea, to have 2 wingers in Hazard and Pedro scoring 15+ goals a season, is invaluble for any PL team, no one else in england can match that 2 wingers who score goals as well as a striker who gaurantees goals and then someone like Oscar who is capable of reaching double figures. Chelsea will walk the league again if they get Pedro.

Zangash

Banned
Surely reducing the buyout from 150M to 30M will have been one of Pedro's requirements to sign a new deal, no way that Barca would propose something like that themselves.

Business-wise, 30M for Pedro would be a great deal, especially because 2 months ago his contract was going to run out soon (hence why Barca offered him that renewal, with lowered buy-out clause)

Sporting-wise, not sure if it's a good idea to sell Pedro, especially because we'll have zero cover then on the wings until January (after January both Vidal and Turan can play there)

Zero cover? Messi and Neymar are subbed off so rarely we don't need cover in those areas. There's a reason why Pedro was stuck on the bench and is wanting to leave, after all. If there is ever a time when we need to take one of them off Munir and Sandro can cover those positions just fine.

30m for a player who doesn't provide anything more than depth is great business.

Zangash

Banned
he probably would start ahead of Willian, for the simple fact that Pedro scores goals, especially with the space he will get in the PL, Pedro should be scoring 15+ goals a season for Chelsea, to have 2 wingers in Hazard and Pedro scoring 15+ goals a season, is invaluble for any PL team, no one else in england can match that 2 wingers who score goals as well as a striker who gaurantees goals and then someone like Oscar who is capable of reaching double figures. Chelsea will walk the league again if they get Pedro.

They'd walk the league with or without Pedro, honestly. The BPL is a joke. This move will have more impact on their UCL campaign, and how well Pedro does against the likes of Barca, Bayern, and Chelsea's euro nemesis PSG are up in the air right now.

Zangash

Banned
Fuck Mou.

So if Messi/Suarez is injured, we play Arda or Munir on the right??

Arda is better than Pedro anyways. In the first half of the season Munir and Sandro are more than capable of picking up that role.

Being completely realistic here though, no matter who we have to fill in for them, if Messi and/or Suarez get injured our season is going to take a serious hit regardless.

xXKonan

I think Munir and Sandro will be promoted regardless if Pedro leaves or doesn't. If Pedro does leave their were rumors of Lucho wanting another winger to be brought in but who's realistically available?

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans