Pedro Rodriguez

DennyCrane

Don't know whether this has been discussed here or not, but can someone please answer me this:

Pedro renewed his contract this year until 2019; in that context it was specifically stated by the club that the buy-out clause would remain at 150 mil €. http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football...icle/pedro-renews-contract-until-30-june-2019
Why does a 30 mil € bid now all of a sudden meet the buy-out clause, as reported by various media ? Or is the 30 mil buyout clause, if it exists, not the mandatory clause: In other words, 150 mil for domestic transfer only, 30 mil for everyone else ?

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Probably also connected to a certain date until 30mil. bid is sufficient, as with Bartra.
But I'm just guessing.

F

Flavia

Don't know whether this has been discussed here or not, but can someone please answer me this:

Pedro renewed his contract this year until 2019; in that context it was specifically stated by the club that the buy-out clause would remain at 150 mil €. http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football...icle/pedro-renews-contract-until-30-june-2019
Why does a 30 mil € bid now all of a sudden meet the buy-out clause, as reported by various media ? Or is the 30 mil buyout clause, if it exists, not the mandatory clause: In other words, 150 mil for domestic transfer only, 30 mil for everyone else ?

For what has been said by Pedro and Enrique, his clause dropped to 30m because he didn't play enough minutes. Like what happened to Thiago. Guess Pedro and the club agreed to that because he was already dissatisfied with his playing time, and this way he can be sold for a good price, 30m.

DennyCrane

Probably also connected to a certain date until 30mil. bid is sufficient, as with Bartra.
But I'm just guessing.

For what has been said by Pedro and Enrique, his clause dropped to 30m because he didn't play enough minutes. Like what happened to Thiago. Guess Pedro and the club agreed to that because he was already dissatisfied with his playing time, and this way he can be sold for a good price, 30m.

Ok, thanks guys. :cheers:

Whether 30 mil is really a good price is debatable though, imo.

Pedro is worth more than 30 million imo, but thats only when he's in good form which he hasn't been for the past 3 or so years. Pedro top form is probably around Muller in quality/goal count. So however much Muller would go for (Which i think is probably around 40 mill but idk im not a professional).

xXKonan

Catalunya Ràdio (highly reliable) confirms that at the moment Man United are NOT in talks with Barcrlona over a deal to sign Pedro Rodriguez

Catalunya Ràdio also confirms that Pedro wants to leave Barcelona & the club is aware of it but will sell 'only' if release clause is met.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We have a helluva schedule starting in 2 weeks with Messi and Neymar without training yet. Not to mention toughest first part of the season I've seen in last decade (visiting all tough opponents this Autumn).

Keep Pedro until January and let him say goodbye with World Club Cup.

Home of Barca Fans