Pedro Rodriguez

Galning

Showing faith? Like how? MSN is not going anywhere any time soon, it is extremely hard for youth players to break into our first team.

Thiago, Montoya, Bartra, Samper, Grimaldo, etc. all because of Messi, Suarez & Neymar? The new "let's just buy" policy is not something I like to see, but unfortunately it won't change as long as Bartomeu is in charge. Don't blame players leaving on low buy-out fees. These fees have been low for young players for years and it never stopped them declining offers from foreign teams where they could double or even triple their wages. The only difference now is, as you said, these guys don't see a future at Barça because it's difficult as fuck. Rijkaard and Guardiola put a lot of faith into youngsters, at least give them a couple of games with the first team to show what they can do. Something Tito, Tata and until now Lucho haven't done. Not even in the slightest. Getting rid of clauses won't change anything.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Thiago, Montoya, Bartra, Samper, Grimaldo, etc. all because of Messi, Suarez & Neymar? The new "let's just buy" policy is not something I like to see, but unfortunately it won't change as long as Bartomeu is in charge. Don't blame players leaving on low buy-out fees. These fees have been low for young players for years and it never stopped them declining offers from foreign teams where they could double or even triple their wages. The only difference now is, as you said, these guys don't see a future at Barça because it's difficult as fuck. Rijkaard and Guardiola put a lot of faith into youngsters, at least give them a couple of games with the first team to show what they can do. Something Tito, Tata and until now Lucho haven't done. Not even in the slightest. Getting rid of clauses won't change anything.

I hear you, but we have reached the point of no return, unfortunately in this day and age, we compete with other big clubs to bring in players for the biggest short term gains.

And I do think young players nowadays are getting less patient than before, they are simply not satisfied with playing a few games with the first team. I get the feeling that many of them want to either play regularly or leave. Given the status of our first team, there aren't that many spots for them to get in (Thiago is already gone, we will probably sell Montoya, Bartra thank your for having the conviction to succeed here, Samper and Grimaldo have yet to be promoted). I am happy that Munir and Sandro have the patience to become bench players and hopefully get more chances to play now with Pedro leaving. I know many of La Masia products will end up leaving eventually, but such low buyout fees enable our direct rivals and competitors such as Bayern to swoop in and take them which I am really, really, really disheartened to see. :angry:

Stric

We always competed with big clubs, and still supported young players from La Masia, that's what separated us from most other clubs. Granted, we didn't always have the results we have now, but even in the post-2007 era we had major success with many La Masia kids on the pitch. We'd been buying and selling players for a long time, and we will continue to do so and that's fine, but at this moment it just seems that players from youth ranks aren't even being given a fair shot. We're becoming our own version of the Galacticos. And while I like the results, their effect lasts shorter than the effect of the buying policy.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't know, Stric. Given a fair shot, in what way though? Are we saying we shouldn't have bought the likes of Neymar, Suarez, Rakitic and Arda etc., instead we should play the likes of Munir, Sandro, Samper etc. from La Masia?

Again, promoting these players to the first team is not a problem, the problem is they won't be getting a lot of game time.

Zangash

Banned
Nobody seems to care enough to comment on Pedro but his performance was quite poor yet again. He seems to genuinely lack what other forwards have that make them worthy of being forwards. His best contributions came from running back to defend. What's odd is he would have probably put in much better performances if he'd have been subbed on instead of starting.

Darko

I don't know, Stric. Given a fair shot, in what way though? Are we saying we shouldn't have bought the likes of Neymar, Suarez, Rakitic and Arda etc., instead we should play the likes of Munir, Sandro, Samper etc. from La Masia?

Again, promoting these players to the first team is not a problem, the problem is they won't be getting a lot of game time.

Just play them the last 20, 30 minutes of the game if we have a big lead (that's like 90% of the games we play) and start them in cup games against some lower league teams, it isn't exactly rocket science...

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Just play them the last 20, 30 minutes of the game if we have a big lead (that's like 90% of the games we play) and start them in cup games against some lower league teams, it isn't exactly rocket science...

But they might not be happy with the little playing time they are getting and want to leave...

BerkeleyBernie

Nobody seems to care enough to comment on Pedro but his performance was quite poor yet again. He seems to genuinely lack what other forwards have that make them worthy of being forwards. His best contributions came from running back to defend. What's odd is he would have probably put in much better performances if he'd have been subbed on instead of starting.

And y'all pick and choose what you want to see. Plenty of good offensive work in the last two games (including a disallowed 1-2 assist for Suarez who was onside), great 1-2 play with Rakitic to put him through on goal vs Galaxy (everyone was creaming over Rakitic, but conveniently forget his partner in that run was Pedro). Attacked the goal line, won corners, and made plenty of cutback passes to his teammates in the box. His worst missed opportunity was a poor square ball to Suarez on the counter (should have done better, was blocked), and he tried a quick over the top outside of boot pass to Suarez to try to start another counter that totally missed (a lead pass he usually executes well). Still better than what the other forwards other than Suarez had to offer (Rafinha did well, but an attacking mid player, ultimately).

Not to mention, a Barça built around Messi as the primary creator will always look relatively impotent without him. Start Pedro with Messi and Suarez, and then judge.

EdmondDantes

The real question is: Is Berk gonna join Redcafe if Pedro signs for United?

As for Pedrito, I hope he stays, I'd play him ahead of Turan or even try him in the #10 position again, he seems to do well there. But the lad can't afford to spend another season on the bench so I'll understand if he does leave.

He played pretty well, a very pedro-esque game. Kind of a weird thing, he can help create chances but he's more like a tool other players use rather than him doing it on his own. If Neymar or Suarez is injured I'd feel pretty safe with him there granted he'd probably miss more shots than them but certainly better than Sandro/The ever unlucky munir(Kid can't catch a break). But if Messi is out the only person that I can see playing in that RW/CAM position is Rafinha.

xXKonan

Pedro would only leave this summer to join Man United. If he doesn't leave now, he'll stay until next summer, won't leave in January. [rac1]

Man United will try to sign Pedro if Di Maria is sold in the coming days. Their first bid will be 15M, willing to pay 30-32M. [rac1]

From rac1.

Zangash

Banned
If their first bid is 15m but they're willing to pay his release clause why are they even bothering to offer 15m in the first place?

Those bastards know how bad we are at doing business... :neutral:

EdmondDantes

15 wouldn't even buy a midtable plodder from the Premier League, if they want one of the world's best, they should at the very least bid accordingly.

Chong Li

Pedro's buyout is already low enough but they still don't want to pay a meager 30M for a muilti CL Winner, World and European Champion?

And yet according to rumours in Germany Man Utd are offering something like 80M for a joke player like Cavani?

LOL, I guess no deal then...

Home of Barca Fans