Pedro Rodriguez

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Rakitic has had more impact and been more clutch in one season than Cesc had been in three seasons here.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Possible formation this weekend:

http://futnsoccer.com/2015/08/20/st...a-vs-west-bromwich-albion-pedro-baba-feature/

Chelsea-4-2-3-1-Formation.png
I'd play Oscar in the middle. Matic will be on the left and Cesc on the right(which is what we usually do) while I heard that Courtois ban was only 1 match, although that article could have been wrong. Also heard Ivanovic is being dropped so expect Azpi to play at RB. Pedro will probably start on the bench, I'd actually be surprised if Mou starts him straight away. I also reckon Willian will probably start at AMC.

Co0ter

I find it very ironic that barca fans are the only people who don't understand fabregas's best position. At arsenal he played as a deep play maker, like he did last year at Chelsea. Part of the reason he was poor for barca was he was always put out of position. Regardless, willian will not play, oscar is their best no.10.

The few times we played him as a deep lying playmaker he was terrible. At Arsenal he was always making runs into the box and hanging around the 18 during possession looking to link up. Stating he was a DEEP lying playmaker assumes that he actually hung out deep most of the time, like Xavi, but he didn't. He did best for us when he wasn't forced to defend too much and wasn't being played as the false 9 (was WAY too slow to play there against good opposition).

There is a ton of space in the EPL, so it is a bit different. Having Cesc up there also gives Hazard someone intelligent to actually link up with instead of always being isolated.

Co0ter

1. There were very few games where Fabregas played and Xavi didn't. This meant that Fabregas essentially had to try and play Iniesta's role, or even worse Messi's...
2. You're one of the few people I've seen on here who seems to agree with me that he was meant to take over from Xavi, and not Iniesta. Most seem to think he is a much more attacking focused midfielder.
3. While he was meant to play Xavi's role, you can't expect a player to come into the team after being forced to play out of position for so long and fill one of the clubs greatest players boots straight away.
4. Last season Fabregas was the best deep-lying play maker in the premier league, he clearly has the ability to play the position well.

Maybe the first half of the season ;)

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
I think Pedro will start on the weekend, as I didn't realise Oscar was injured, I had totally missed that news, and I doubt Mou will pick Moses or Cuadrado over him. Cool, I hope he starts.

F

Flavia

I think Pedro will start on the weekend, as I didn't realise Oscar was injured, I had totally missed that news, and I doubt Mou will pick Moses or Cuadrado over him. Cool, I hope he starts.

Who are you guys playing?

xXKonan

Mourinho (coach Chelsea): "You can tell Pedro loves Iniesta, Messi, Neymar... but this is a moment for him to enjoy a different life." [cfc]

Mourinho (coach Chelsea): "When I saw Pedro playing the Super Cups, I always thought with that commitment he would stay at Barcelona." [cfc]

Home of Barca Fans