Pedro Rodriguez

xXKonan

Sanz (spokesman agency Pedro): "Man United had it all in their hands, but someone else ran away with the bride." [rac1]

alittlebitter

^ because we sold a 28 year old that would've remained a sub even if he stayed? I mean, we complain about youths not being given a chance, and now that pedro's gone, we're pretty much forced to use sandro/munir/rafinha/etc and people are still complaining. I don't understand.

Stric

selling Pedro speaks volumes about this club losing it's soul

I would understand where you're coming from if you had worded it differently. "Pedro leaving" or something like that. Maybe that's what you meant. But on a more general note, selling isn't really the point or the problem here. He wasn't sold like things are usually sold. You sell stuff intentionally. The club never wanted to sell him. He was sold because his contract states that he must be sold if the asking price is met and the player agrees. What I'm trying to say is, as much as I dislike Barto & Co., this case doesn't really have anything to do with the ideological direction of the club. It's just a case of being forced to sell.

i_bleed_blaugrana

Mou is schemer extrodinare though. Impressive to hijack a player in only two days while your rival has been negotiating with him and the club for over a month. The man has mastered the transfer market.

They just got even more dangerous and complete with variety on the right side with either Pedro, William, Cuadrado and Oscar available to play on that side, plus the option to play a deep 4-3-3 like he did during his first spell with Pedro being a true goal threat that will open up the play for Hazard and the ST (Costa/Falcao/Remy).

Fuck this guy, man. Gonna bash our style of play for years but then poach all of our bench players...I see you, Mou...

BerkeleyBernie

Possible formation this weekend:

http://futnsoccer.com/2015/08/20/st...a-vs-west-bromwich-albion-pedro-baba-feature/

Chelsea-4-2-3-1-Formation.png

Co0ter

Why have a workhorse with no vision behind the striker? Also, why have the DM on the side of the high work rate/defending winger?

Should be Fabregas behind striker, Willian RM and Matic LM. Having two work horses on the right side also gives RB chance to push up into attack more. This makes more sense to me.

Barcilliant

Lol everyone was whining last season that Pedro should have been sold not Alexis.!!

Now people are whining about Pedro being sold.
I thought we got a decent price for a hard working but limited player.
And as mentioned we will only find out how good Munir and Sandro are if they play.
We got a good deal for Adama too.

vinni

Bah so it finally happend. Best of luck to Pedro. What a champ he was for us. :wave:

I'm not to happy that he went to chelsea. I was hoping for united since i actually watch their matches. Then again if anything, it makes chelsea more likeable so i guess thats a good thing.

Hopefully Munir, Sandro and Rafinha steps up now.

klc123

Why have a workhorse with no vision behind the striker? Also, why have the DM on the side of the high work rate/defending winger?

Should be Fabregas behind striker, Willian RM and Matic LM. Having two work horses on the right side also gives RB chance to push up into attack more. This makes more sense to me.

I find it very ironic that barca fans are the only people who don't understand fabregas's best position. At arsenal he played as a deep play maker, like he did last year at Chelsea. Part of the reason he was poor for barca was he was always put out of position. Regardless, willian will not play, oscar is their best no.10.

I find it very ironic that barca fans are the only people who don't understand fabregas's best position. At arsenal he played as a deep play maker, like he did last year at Chelsea. Part of the reason he was poor for barca was he was always put out of position. Regardless, willian will not play, oscar is their best no.10.

It's also sad to note, that some people's opinion describe the opinion of a fanbase. Anyway, he wasn't impressive even in his best position. He was to take over from Xavi, but was average in most of the traits required in the position at the time (from positioning, defense, etc.) except giving the final ball.

klc123

It's also sad to note, that some people's opinion describe the opinion of a fanbase. Anyway, he wasn't impressive even in his best position. He was to take over from Xavi, but was average in most of the traits required in the position at the time (from positioning, defense, etc.) except giving the final ball.

1. There were very few games where Fabregas played and Xavi didn't. This meant that Fabregas essentially had to try and play Iniesta's role, or even worse Messi's...
2. You're one of the few people I've seen on here who seems to agree with me that he was meant to take over from Xavi, and not Iniesta. Most seem to think he is a much more attacking focused midfielder.
3. While he was meant to play Xavi's role, you can't expect a player to come into the team after being forced to play out of position for so long and fill one of the clubs greatest players boots straight away.
4. Last season Fabregas was the best deep-lying play maker in the premier league, he clearly has the ability to play the position well.

Home of Barca Fans