Pedro Rodriguez

klc123

As fans who have watched both players extensively over the past few years, who do you guys think got more value for their money- Arsenal buying Sanchez or Chelsea with Pedro?

Cheers

Chelsea buying Pedro, no doubt.
The 10/11 season where pedro scored 25 goals and got the first goal in the CL final...Form is temporary, class is permanent.

Pedro is too good to be on the bench, he should have left sooner.

xavisionary

I haven't heard anything salary wise about the deal. What was he (rumoured to be) on at Barcelona, and has he had a massive wage hike at Chelsea? All I've read is about him wanting to get off the bench and Chelsea needing a player of his quality.

F

Flavia

His press conference is over:

Pedro: "I want to thank everyone, especially teammates. I tried to learn from Andres, Xavi, Valdes, Puyi, Busi and the best in the world..."
Pedro: "I'm sad to leave my home, but happy that I've been able to enjoy so much here."
Pedro: "I'm ambitious and I knew it would be difficult to have a lot playing time here. I'm happy to have this new challenge."
Pedro: "I renewed in June with the idea of staying, but I also knew it included the possibility of leaving."
Pedro: "Barça is the best club in the world, there's no other place like this. But I've joined a club I like and where I will play more."
Pedro: "At the start it felt strange to wear the Chelsea shirt, because I had never imagined I would leave Barça."
Pedro: "Last season was one of my worst, because there was a lot of competition and I didn't have enough playing time."
Pedro: "My teammates at Chelsea already said I'll have to sing something in the dressing-room tomorrow..."
Pedro: "I had a great welcome at Chelsea. I felt comfortable from the start. John (Terry) is a great captain."
Pedro: "Several English clubs were interested. United, City... But in the end Chelsea acted the quickest and wrapped up the deal."
Pedro: "I talked with Mourinho, it's true he called me. I liked what he said. He convinced me."
Pedro: "Living in London with my family was also something I liked, and the fact that I have friends at Chelsea."
Pedro: "I don't think this team will miss me. There's a lot of quality in this squad. I will miss this team though, on and off the pitch."
Pedro: "I prefer not to return to the Camp Nou wearing another shirt. It would be strange. But if that's what destiny holds..."
Pedro: "Of course I want to be at the Euro next year - who wouldn't? - but that wasn't a main reason to leave. I just wanted to play more."
Pedro: "The Board and the staff at FC Barcelona insisted that I stay, and for that I thank them."

CNK8pofW8AAtwzQ.jpg:large

CNK7HtYWoAEks5t.jpg:large

Why is this topic in ''other players'' and not in Barca history?

Seydou Keita is there but not the player that scored 100 goals for the team?

"Barca History" thread was supposed to be for our players that have retired (or play in China, Qatar, USA etc - which is the same as retiring). Keita went to China and was probably never moved back when he went back to Valencia and now Roma. Also, Valdes is in Barca History for some reason as well - but he might actually be on his way to USA or Qatar soon :rolleyes:

It was my mistake, actually... Corrected now. Thanks for pointing it out.

F

Flavia

Shouldn't it be the other way around, according to ZenI's explanation? As Pedro hasn't "retired". Cesc is also in the Other players section.
No, it's not only for retired players. And Cesc is not a Barça legend :mou:

Ritchie

No. Most players want to play, not warm the bench. He's not entitled to warm the bench just because the management never thought about adding some depth to the forward line and incorporating it to their plans and the club managed to get this transfer ban over its head.

For some reason people think all players should be happy sitting on their ass most of the time just because it's for Barca, but no, it's not, not for most players out there.

Well he'd have started every game in August and probably got a fair few after that as MSN can't be expected to be available every game again. He could have given it till January and then left if he wasn't satisfied.

Last season he made 50 appearances and was on the pitch playing for the games we won the CL, Copa and league and in a season we were lucky with injury. It's not so bad. If he was that unhappy he shouldn't have signed a contract.

barcanuck

I understand he wants more playing time but he needs to understand he isn't a top 5 player in the world so his spot isn't fully guaranteed on any team. I get it though Chelsea and United had open spots up front where he can slot in but man I would love just being a sub for the MSN and rotating as a starter here and there. I mean he still had 50 appearances last year nothing wrong with that.

All the best Pedro let's hope we don't meet you in the CL.

Bran the Greenseer

I understand he wants more playing time but he needs to understand he isn't a top 5 player in the world so his spot isn't fully guaranteed on any team. I get it though Chelsea and United had open spots up front where he can slot in but man I would love just being a sub for the MSN and rotating as a starter here and there. I mean he still had 50 appearances last year nothing wrong with that.

If he played to his peak he'd be guaranteed a spot at United, since none of their players are even close to the top 5. And at Chelsea the only winger he can't bench is Hazard, who is one of the special talents in world football.

BerkeleyBernie

Hmmm...well, seeing as Barça has "3" of the top 5, that leaves only 2 top 5 players (hmm, Ronaldo and ?) for the 7 other CL quarterfinalist teams to split among them. That leaves 5 CL QF teams without a "top 5" player.

Yeah, not a problem. Go Pedro!

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie

He's 28 and been doing that for years, nothing wrong with wanting to be a permanent starter for the last part of his career when he's still able to perform at his peak. He gave you more than enough years. :D

Home of Barca Fans