Pedro Rodriguez

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Aerial shots showed how well organized Germany were, constantly two lines of 4 defenders...Finding space in there is no easy task but credit Villa & Pedrito! for being more direct than the others...I liked how they had Xabi set up outside the box to boom his longrange missiles but nothing came even close

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Had he let the ball go for Torres it would have been a perfect match. A good performance nevertheless and obviously the better choice than Torres.

SeloBarca

the whole 3rd line was full of movement because of him and villa running riot

This, Ive said it in post after post about Spanish games. Put in Pedro and when they see him run like a crazyman, he other ones will start running alot more aswell.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
the bad: bit selfish/wasteful in possession.

the good: everything else.

our little moustachio was CRUCIAL to the spanish success. his horizontal movement across the pitch (like a fussball player) caused the germans defence endless problems as they didn't want to break their line to pick him up, and he occupied the minds of the german DM's who were also unable to get at him, so he was always in space. and of course because he ran between the lines, xavi could play deeper and orchestrate play. pedro was nearly always available for an out-ball and constantly tested germany with his running.

absolutely must start in the final.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
People are raving about the Muller discovery by Van Gaal but Pep's Pedro can definitely count as well.

A year ago we were askign why the bloody hell he got subbed into the CL final instead of Bojan. Oh, do we know now ...

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
People are raving about the Muller discovery by Van Gaal but Pep's Pedro can definitely count as well.

A year ago we were askign why the bloody hell he got subbed into the CL final instead of Bojan. Oh, do we know now ...

he is not pedro.

he is PEHROOOOOO.

or EL MOUSTACHIO~!

BlaugranaGirl

Oh yeah, I remember everyone being baffled by that decision at the time, haha. But Pep obviously saw something in him back then that we didn't (yet).

DivineVisitor

The Right One ⇩
Had he let the ball go for Torres it would have been a perfect match. A good performance nevertheless and obviously the better choice than Torres.

It was intelligent play from Pedro not to make that pass, if he squared it to Torres and he scored everyone would be raving about how he's suddenly found his lost form and should be included in the final. Torres being on the park could cost them against the Dutch.
Pedro is as cunning as a fox ;)

Merv

It could be called intelligent in retrospect but at the time you could tell he knew he messed up.

Trequartista

The good
A Great match from Pedro,the speed of Pedro and his natural width provided spain with a great dimension,the nature of Iniesta and Pedro allows them to swap positions at any time,many talk about him being selfish but cmon its his 3rd or 4th cap I think,He must start in the final.

MJ BarcaFan

Thing is, had Pedro passed it to Torres, he will not get it anyway cuz Torres is too slow... Pedro run so fast and had he passed it then, it will be a waste anyway as Torres will just botch it...

Massive performance from Pedro and Del Bosque has to start him in the finals. Yesssssss, Pedro can do it !

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Thing is, had Pedro passed it to Torres, he will not get it anyway cuz Torres is too slow... Pedro run so fast and had he passed it then, it will be a waste anyway as Torres will just botch it...

Massive performance from Pedro and Del Bosque has to start him in the finals. Yesssssss, Pedro can do it !

Torres is a lot of things but slow isn't one of them. I like Pedro but he fucked that one up completely, you're trying too hard to defend him. Good game otherwise though.

DivineVisitor

The Right One ⇩

A cunning fox i tell's ya! :D
:pedro: :flagvl8:

IbraFTW

Bazinga!
Torres is a lot of things but slow isn't one of them. I like Pedro but he fucked that one up completely, you're trying too hard to defend him. Good game otherwise though.
I'm sorry, but he was awfully slow in that 1on1 situation. That should have been goal. I'm sure he's normally not slow, but tonight he was exactly that.

Home of Barca Fans