Pedro Rodriguez

silvia

already have Aleix. so Nolito is not needed.
But it will be a huge loss until January either.
So the most important point is how to use the current squad until January ban. Maybe some newbie players performance will be important, also injury control.

Last edited:

Trickykid

I've heard Nolito will be his replacement.

I wouldn't mind it at all, virtual like for like switch.

I don't like it one bit, hopefully it's nothing but rumors.
Pedro is the better player, as I see it, and even if it was a straight like for like switch, it would still mean we'd be short a player untill next year. If Pedro in the end does leave, I really hope we can find a cheaper solution than playing Nolito's buy-out.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
What forward players will we be left with if this deal goes through? MSN, Munir, Sandro and who else? Seems like a great gulf between our first team and our bench players which will not be a good thing if one of MSN gets injured.

silvia

What forward players will we be left with if this deal goes through? MSN, Munir, Sandro and who else? Seems like a great gulf between our first team and our bench players which will not be a good thing if one of MSN gets injured.

Rafinha. But i hope everyone steps up with a tight training.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Pedro is gone, virtually a lock

Question is how to have cover out wide until January... Nolito is a nice option for all the obvious reasons but still leaves the team bare until January...And Sandro/Munir are not wide players anymore than Rafinha

It's going to be an issue, question is how many points will it cost Lucho before the ban is lifted to properly reinforce since Adama & Deulofeu were deemed surplus

silvia

Pedro is gone, virtually a lock

Question is how to have cover out wide until January... Nolito is a nice option for all the obvious reasons but still leaves the team bare until January...And Sandro/Munir are not wide players anymore than Rafinha

It's going to be an issue, question is how many points will it cost Lucho before the ban is lifted to properly reinforce since Adama & Deulofeu were deemed surplus

why not just cover one position with a certain position player.
i mean... iniesta,xavi,busquets they are not wide.
we can just find a player fine at any position, but it needs time to develop a certain top positional player. especially defense.
For a pragmatic measures, we can mix both.
oh this is bit off topic btw.

Zangash

Banned
Any one of MSN can play on the wing. Munir can play there as well. Sandro should probably stay as a striker, imo. Rafinha would be the best option if we're going to play a midfielder up top.

Bran the Greenseer

Ik it was just preseaon but Rafinha already showed that he's up to the task of deputizing messi if need be better than Pedro can on the RW atleast, we'll miss him on the left for sure but only until Turan gets here and Sandro just might be stepping up at the moment so you never know.

Jombi

I've heard Nolito will be his replacement.

I wouldn't mind it at all, virtual like for like switch.

I dont like it. He will be 30 years old next year and will have to be replaced very soon after he is signed most likely. At a time when so many other of our players are approaching 30 or above.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
I dont like it. He will be 30 years old next year and will have to be replaced very soon after he is signed most likely. At a time when so many other of our players are approaching 30 or above.

He also would arrive only in January and when the second part of the season start, Lucho will rotate less, MSN will hog all playing time and he'll be sitting on the bench, basicaly he would be just very expensive insurance in case one of MSN got injured.

Neymessi

He is too good to be on the bench and if he wants a move out,then he should be allowed to.The positive of him leaving would be more minutes for rafinha and thats all right with me.

i_bleed_blaugrana

My biggest problem with having either Rafinha, Arda, Vidal, Iniesta or even Dani Alves out wide is that they aren't consistent scoring threats. Shifting a playmaker into a forward role is a waste. Putting any of those players out wide will work as well as Cesc as a false 9 or Iniesta on the LW.

I get that Nolito isn't young but he's got La Liga experience, knows Lucho and would at least do well for the 2-3 seasons he'd be here.

If it's not Nolito, nor Adama or Halilovic who are replacing Pedro, I'd want someone like Fekir from Lyon, Felipe Anderson or Anzwar El Ghazi from Ajax.

Alik

I actually wouldn't mind to seeing Iniesta upfront occasionally. But the problem is Neymar would have to be shifted.

Bran the Greenseer

My biggest problem with having either Rafinha, Arda, Vidal, Iniesta or even Dani Alves out wide is that they aren't consistent scoring threats. Shifting a playmaker into a forward role is a waste. Putting any of those players out wide will work as well as Cesc as a false 9 or Iniesta on the LW.

I get that Nolito isn't young but he's got La Liga experience, knows Lucho and would at least do well for the 2-3 seasons he'd be here.

If it's not Nolito, nor Adama or Halilovic who are replacing Pedro, I'd want someone like Fekir from Lyon, Felipe Anderson or Anzwar El Ghazi from Ajax.

Rafinha for Messi is the perfect sub because he is the only one that can play like Messi does on the wing. With pedro there the creativity would shift to either neymar or the midfield. On the left could be a problem BUT Suarez can play on the Left if needed Messi in the middle and Rafinha on the right if Neymar is injured, Or even Rafinha in the Middle since he can play as a CF although its not his best position.

Home of Barca Fans