Penal Madrid

Birdy

tbf, United paid 70mil for an unproven 18 year old CB with 1 year left on his contract.. that is horrible business. The player also dreams of joining Madrid so no doubt 2-3 years if he becomes world class, Madrid will pick him up ready made.

Stepping stone move but actually smart from Yoro's team

It doesn't work like that.
You don't trust another top team and hope the player would still want you in 5 years AND you will not get fleeced for him AND you will always have the finances to get him on the wages he will be by then OR that you would not be having already others as starters in your team
That's pure fantasy!
a 19 year old player with one good game vs PSG is all he is really
Pillar of defense lol - less Caps bud, it betrays the amoeba tendencies your brain skirts towards all too often

Luxury to have in the current competitive market
A luxury we dont even really need
Rudiger is going nowhere, Militao will get at least a year to get back to form, Alaba similarly stepping into vet position until proves is either perfectly servicable where could be reliable for at least 3 more seasons or he's done never to recover
Absolutely zero reason to break the bank on the guy with those already present - might even be better off going for him when he's 25, contract expires and he's proven he's worth the salt in the Prem

Not to mention athletic defensive old guys aren't really considered old until they're about 36 anymore or until their body starts to break down
Loads of time to give likes of Marin to see how they do at Napoli
Might even be more worth looking at Jacobo Ramon for that 4-5th spot considering he;s been outperforming successive age class by at least 2 years, if does well at Castilla full-time this year will probably get several callups to 1st team, as already has last year when injuries mounted

Is all that what you are saying to yourself every day to convince yourself you didn't receive a huge L on Yoro?
Only Militao from your backline is in good years, and had a huge injury this season.
The rest are old and some of them are already liabilities.
Your whole defence needs renovation, your club knows that, and that's the reason they targeted what they thought was "the best generational talent of defender in Europe" (see above) as strategic signing.

Good that you failed to get him

Givenchy

It doesn't work like that.
You don't trust another top team and hope the player would still want you in 5 years AND you will not get fleeced for him AND you will always have the finances to get him on the wages he will be by then OR that you would not be having already others as starters in your team
That's pure fantasy!

Is all that what you are saying to yourself every day to convince yourself you didn't receive a huge L on Yoro?
Only Militao from your backline is in good years, and had a huge injury this season.
The rest are old and some of them are already liabilities.
Your whole defence needs renovation, your club knows that, and that's the reason they targeted what they thought was "the best generational talent of defender in Europe" (see above) as strategic signing.

Good that you failed to get him
Madrid obviously didn't think highly enough of him to want to spend 70mil on an 18 year old CB in the final year of his contract.. United got their pants pulled down, it's not the Madrid L you think it is, imo.

I usually agree with you but we will agree to disagree here and we shall see. I say, if he becomes world class, in 2-3 years, if Madrid still want him he'll be a Madrid player.

Birdy

Madrid obviously didn't think highly enough of him to want to spend 70mil on an 18 year old CB in the final year of his contract.. United got their pants pulled down, it's not the Madrid L you think it is, imo.

I usually agree with you but we will agree to disagree here and we shall see. I say, if he becomes world class, in 2-3 years, if Madrid still want him he'll be a Madrid player.

They would have to splash way more in wages and fee then, if tHAT happens

Yes, UTD overpaid, surely I agree.
But Perez was at the othe end. He wanted to scum Lille with 20m or get him for free. Borderline insult on his club.
Would you sell Cubarsi for instance for 20m?

As for his football skills, it's a joke to try to downplay his potential. Wolfe tries to do that to cover the L.
Liverpool SDepartment had him top of the list. The best sporting department in recruitment.
That says it all about his football level

El Gato

Villarato!
Nah, 31 year old and a 32 year old are perfectly serviceable age for defenders and Militao needs time that he will get. Once things settle, will be known what kind of transfer might be needed. Daft take and zero need to break the bank on a guy with one good game vs PSG, no matter what Liverpool SD says

Might even snap him up on a free in a few years if worth the salt at United and get him as he's getting into his prime.

Good stuff

Maradona37

Probably wrong thread for this now, but Yoro is apparently a real talent (won't comment as I have never watched him play and I don't trust YouTube videos), but I wouldn't put it past United to ruin him.

Like said, though, if he does do well then Real Madrid will likely come calling in a few years.

Messigician

They would have to splash way more in wages and fee then, if tHAT happens

Yes, UTD overpaid, surely I agree.
But Perez was at the othe end. He wanted to scum Lille with 20m or get him for free. Borderline insult on his club.
Would you sell Cubarsi for instance for 20m?

As for his football skills, it's a joke to try to downplay his potential. Wolfe tries to do that to cover the L.
Liverpool SDepartment had him top of the list. The best sporting department in recruitment.
That says it all about his football level
Things are happening with united

Maradona37

I’ve seen him play twice, when we played Lille in the conference league.

Looked a great talent in the second game especially, definitely needs to improve physically though.
Thanks for the info.

I rate your opinion as well as Birdy's and you both talked him up so what do you think will happen at Man United? Obviously it's just guessing at this stage, but do you have a hunch he will be a success? He might not even be a starter at first, given his tender age as well as Lisandro and likely De Ligt being first-choice. If/when latter signs, of course.

fergus90

Thanks for the info.

I rate your opinion as well as Birdy's and you both talked him up so what do you think will happen at Man United? Obviously it's just guessing at this stage, but do you have a hunch he will be a success? He might not even be a starter at first, given his tender age as well as Lisandro and likely De Ligt being first-choice. If/when latter signs, of course.
I thought he was good positionally but quite weak in duels. Although I’m literally basing this off two games.

I think he might struggle if he gets chucked straight into the United 11 though. Would have been better or staying at Lille for a couple more years.

El Gato

Villarato!
Weird editing on that one
Relax dawg
He's just another Fati and Pedri. Overplayed, overrelied on, will be visiting the clinics monthly in no time

Meanwhile, Yoro getting declined for 60M and gets crocked within 2 games for United
Easy W

Home of Barca Fans