Penal Madrid

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Goal #1 headed tap-in off a poor clearance by the keeper and ball-watching by the defenders
Goal #2 tap in off a stabbed missed clearance in the box by a defender
Goal #3 tap in from Marcelo square ball, runs past the entire back line unmarked

His cross assist to Benzema was far more impressive than any of the goals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkySDQEwnSw

That's not fair. I am sure our players, including Messi have scored plenty of these kinds of goals that could be explained in a way similar to the above to undermine the effort.

Last edited:

PaCmAn

He scored a hattrick, at home against 17th placed Valladolid and people go bonkers :lol: Neymar scored the winning goal for us in the Supercopa & opened the score in El Clasico.

yzemapy3.jpg

BerkeleyBernie

That's not fair. I am sure our players, including Messi have scored plenty of these kinds of goals that could be explained in a way similar to the above to undermine the effort.

I'm not saying he didn't do his job and he certainly finished well. He was in the right place at the right time, and I gather he played well otherwise (he was also involved in the buildup to the goals). I'm just saying this hatttrick wasn't an impressive display of skill; he didn't have to beat anyone to take his shots or have to place them particularly well (Pedro's hattrick against Rayo,for instance,was a hair more impressive, as it took somewhat more skill, since at least he had to beat his markers, and his first goal required precision placement on a dead run from the outside right). Though Bale has scored some beauties, these will not be remembered any more than Pedro's at Rayo.

As I said, his cross for Benzema's goal was excellent, and a much more difficult piece of skill than his goals. I'm sure the poor marking of the Valladolid defense was partially due to exhaustion from defending against Madrid all game; Bale played a part in that, of course, but the entire team was responsible.

Galning

You say people here are undermining Bale, then you go and undermine Neymar... Neymar scored against atletico and rm. He does need to improve his finishing, but he's younger than Bale and is adjusting to europe. What really happens here is, everytime a rm player does well, people freak out. Newsflash, rm is one of the biggest teams in the world, that will happen. Even if Bale flopped, they have other players. Or can buy others in the winter or summer, as they always do.

Exactly this.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Would be very good if that actually happens. Although I think the 'war on drugs' has only made things worse, a 'war on ultras' can't start soon enough. Those people are pure scum, whatever club they 'support'.

Home of Barca Fans