Penal Madrid

CatalinR10

fuck these teams. They allow all the space in the world to Real Madrid while they're defending for their life against Barcelona.

what a bunch of idiots

F

Flavia

I really want to see that type of defending against Barça, at least once... just to see how many goals would be scored. You cannot defend worse than what depor did today.

Egert

Estonian Culé
fuck these teams. They allow all the space in the world to Real Madrid while they're defending for their life against Barcelona.

what a bunch of idiots

2ugihpd.gif

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
They're developing into minnow-crushers but honestly with the system they've employed it's looking very possible for us to dominate them. They remind me so much of Manchester City from last season. Extremely glamorous scorelines against minnows and in open games but with an easy-to-crush defensive system and leaving loads of space between the lines. When serious adversity strikes they go into very poor spells and get decimated (vs. Atleti in Supercups and 2nd half of liga match, vs Sociedad).

serghei

I really want to see that type of defending against Barça, at least once... just to see how many goals would be scored. You cannot defend worse than what depor did today.

We saw this type of game against Barca too. 8-0 Almeria, 8-0 Rayo, 7-0 Levante, 8-0 Osasuna. It's true that teams open up more against Madrid.

footyfan

Calma, calma

what a bunch of idiots

I see people complaining all the time about how Madrid get so much space and Barca don't.

It's totally Barcelona's fault that they don't get any space. They take ages in transition and they keep the ball for ages. I made a post about this in one of the match threads last season but it's probably deleted by now. Madrid give the other team opportunities to have the ball and attack with it, which means the other team pushes up to support it's offensive players. Which is why when Madrid win the ball back quickly, they tend to have more space at the back to exploit. There are of course going to be 1 or 2 matches a season where the other team will just boot the ball out if you give it to them so Madrid face a parked bus too and there are also going to be teams who attack you every minute naively and Barca and Madrid have goal fests against them.

Barca hog the ball for ages in the opposition third of the pitch leaving the other team with no choice but to have two banks of four to defend. Also, Madrid attack all different ways and angles while Barca are the most predictable and formulaic team out there. This doesn't necessarily mean the way Madrid attack is better but it influences how the game pans out. I find Madrid are even better than Barca to watch nowadays. Barca's games have been dull for the past 2 years. The individual moments of quality from Iniesta, Messi, Busquets or Xavi or even the quick snappy team passing pales in comparison to how it used to be in 2008-2012.

serghei

^I agree. However, I find Madrid's way of playing not really suitable for winning a title. I expect Barcelona to rack a lot of 2-0 wins this season. And while Madrid will maybe walk over the small teams, we pick up the points in a risk free manner. The only thing we must do is score from the chances we make.

Things are simple. Barca cares about possession a lot more than Madrid does. Hence the difference of styles.

blaugrana1987

I see people complaining all the time about how Madrid get so much space and Barca don't.

It's totally Barcelona's fault that they don't get any space. They take ages in transition and they keep the ball for ages. I made a post about this in one of the match threads last season but it's probably deleted by now. Madrid give the other team opportunities to have the ball and attack with it, which means the other team pushes up to support it's offensive players. Which is why when Madrid win the ball back quickly, they tend to have more space at the back to exploit.

Barca hog the ball for ages in the opposition third of the pitch leaving the other team with no choice but to have two banks of four to defend. Also, Madrid attack all different ways and angles while Barca are the most predictable and formulaic team out there. This doesn't necessarily mean the way Madrid attack is better but it influences how the game pans out. I find Madrid are even better than Barca to watch nowadays. Barca's games have been dull for the past 2 years. The individual moments of quality from Iniesta, Messi, Busquets or Xavi or even the quick snappy team passing pales in comparison to how it used to be in 2008-2012.
This too. Can't wait for Suarez to come we will be relentless with his no bs attitude.

On topic of Ronaldo...He is currently the best goalscorrer in the world. Messi used to score like this, only Messi goals were majority of times more solo like and he DEFINITELY had more impressive game along with the goals.

Take Ronaldos performance today...He had 0 dribbles and 0 key passes in game where defense didn't exist. I'm not taking anything from him, but his dribbling and passing skill are severly lacking in comparison with Leo. If only Leo still had this kind of drive for goals...

Home of Barca Fans