Penal Madrid

Alen

Given the performance from beginning of 2015, can you guys see them win the CL this year ? all rivalry with barça aside ? unless something revolutionary happens by then, I don't see them winning against Chelsea or Bayern, or even Barça for that matter.. they're maintaining a semblant of power due to easy teams but I think at the 1st big encounter they could crumble.

They lost key players. IMO you should wait until Modric, Ramos & James all come back to judge them. People shouldn't write them off so easily...

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
I'm absolutely not writing them off, just been kinda disapointed watching them play lately, I get that their best midfielders are out for now, but even between the BBC, I remember the first games of the season they were so many good/fast passes between CR <> Benzema <> Bale .. now it seems like each one of them is trying to solve everything by himself, not much connections .. or may be it's just me..

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
It's not that much more attacking or faster.
And not the reason why you get more penalties, anyway. You get a lot of non penalties, and Barça is denied some clear ones.
Exactly. I don't know if it's that when our midgets go down it's no as believable as their tall, athletic power players. "If 6'2 muscular guy went down it must be a penalty." Idk anyways it's clear at the slightest hint of a penalty in Madrid the ref points to the spot without much thought.

L

linetty

Modric is a ky player. They will be at full power for the decisive bit. I´m worried about that.
He's been out for a long time. Will take him a bit to get to that pre-injury level...

Autumn

There's something satisfying about beating Atletico 3 games in quick succession while Madrid struggles hopelessly against them and then beating Villareal 6-2 on aggregate while Madrid can barely get a draw against them.

Modric returning and thriving, and Bale getting injured are my two biggest concerns about Madrid. As long as one of those two do not occur, I don't see them winning anything this year.

They looked very bad at the start, but they looked great for a very short period around el classico when they were Marcelo,Ramos,Pepe,Carvajal,Isco,Modric,Kroos,James,Cristiano,Benzema 4-4-2. After that they had an incredibly easy series of games including early Copa del Rey, CL group stage, and Club World Cup. They were very fortunate and had the most perfect schedule possible (outside of the Barca match) to achieve the win streak which really hid their problems. After this long win streak which really did almost nothing for them, but a 1 point advantage in league and a meaningless trophy (I think the irrelevance of the win streak they had is not clearly pointed out often enough), they crashed once again and have looked terrible ever since, just as how they were when they started. It's not a very good team and was largely carried along by luck and an incredible midfield pairing (one of which is injured and the other exhausted).

People didn't think they were good last year prior to the CL win, people didn't think they were good at the start of this season. It seems like we forget this so quickly, though. I will be incredibly embarrassed if we don't win the next match and league vs them.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
There's something satisfying about beating Atletico 3 games in quick succession while Madrid struggles hopelessly against them and then beating Villareal 6-2 on aggregate while Madrid can barely get a draw against them.

Modric returning and thriving, and Bale getting injured are my two biggest concerns about Madrid. As long as one of those two do not occur, I don't see them winning anything this year.

They looked very bad at the start, but they looked great for a very short period around el classico when they were Marcelo,Ramos,Pepe,Carvajal,Isco,Modric,Kroos,James,Cristiano,Benzema 4-4-2. After that they had an incredibly easy series of games including early Copa del Rey, CL group stage, and Club World Cup. They were very fortunate and had the most perfect schedule possible (outside of the Barca match) to achieve the win streak which really hid their problems. After this long win streak which really did almost nothing for them, but a 1 point advantage in league and a meaningless trophy (I think the irrelevance of the win streak they had is not clearly pointed out often enough), they crashed once again and have looked terrible ever since, just as how they were when they started. It's not a very good team and was largely carried along by luck and an incredible midfield pairing (one of which is injured and the other exhausted).

People didn't think they were good last year prior to the CL win, people didn't think they were good at the start of this season. It seems like we forget this so quickly, though. I will be incredibly embarrassed if we don't win the next match and league vs them.

As much as I want RM to thrive and win everything It would be kinda rude of me to wish that Bale gets injured. I'm mad at him 90 % of the time and I want RM to sell his ass but I'm still hoping that he can finally start playing and justify his price tag. Either that or he starts playing well then we sell him at a retarded price tag to our dear Manchester United :neymar: .

hardyboy

B_gYl6rU0AAIGEq.jpg

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
So, lucas silva is back on the bench ?

And he's sticking to the 4-3-3... cooool :) hehe

Home of Barca Fans