Penal Madrid

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Haha, Swagnitez neutralized his own team in its best aspects, good for him.

I just hope they won't start playing long-ball tho, would be an embaressment to La Liga.

raskolnikov

That season with Tito was bad, it was extreme Messidependencia and it looked like a unmovitated version of Pep's barca. It was fine in la liga with Messi carrying us all season and no pressure since Mourinho dropped the ball early on. But its not fair to judge Tito on it when he became sick so soon and Roura was clueless.
The season afterwards with Tata was even worse, basicaly we sucked since march 2013 until anoeta last season with a few exceptions here and there with the Milan game being the only one where the team turned back the clock to prime Barca.

From the looks of things Real could be in for a tata like season with Benitez who is a clueless Mourinho type trainer without results.
Its way too soon to judge them and its unfair to Benitez but seeing how they played without an idea, his past its not unlikely he will be clashing hard with the players if results dont go well and the play improves.

Real should really become champions this season, we suffer from a thin squad, bad board management and transfer ban. 1/8 would be a disgrace for them.

Beast

The Observer
Rafa tactics so far is stuff i've seen 14-15 years ago.. so don't get your hopes high.. even the best squad in the world can't function without proper guide from the sideline

it doesn't matter if we have a fit squad... when you can't make them like a well tuned machine

I know it's the first game etc but the signs aren't good... i've seen the 3 forwards like too close instead of stretching the Gijon compact defense like it should be... i've seen Danilo going to the byline 2 or 3 times same for Marcelo.. in the old days both would have played as far end wingers to stretch the defense...plus Jese ain't the one to receive the Stoke City crosses we were very predictable to defend.. we made Gijon way better than they actually are
things are not looking good

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Real have some of the best midfielders in the world, and the whole midfield was not where it was supposed to be, he neutralized it himself. He has some of the fastest wingers and some of the fastest/most technical fullbacks in the world and he doesn't use the wings. I could understand the tactics maybe against Bayern or us, but not against anyone else. In a way it starts to make sense that Rafa wanted Llorente in his team (I think it was reported at some time, or am I mistaken?). Seriously, he should manage Stoke or something, if all. I hope I won't be eating my own words at the end of the season, but that just isn't the way to manage Real Madrid.

Beast

The Observer
Real have some of the best midfielders in the world, and the whole midfield was not where it was supposed to be, he neutralized it himself. He has some of the fastest wingers and some of the fastest/most technical fullbacks in the world and he doesn't use the wings. I could understand the tactics maybe against Bayern or us, but not against anyone else. In a way it starts to make sense that Rafa wanted Llorente in his team (I think it was reported at some time, or am I mistaken?). Seriously, he should manage Stoke or something, if all. I hope I won't be eating my own words at the end of the season, but that just isn't the way to manage Real Madrid.

Agree... it makes no sense asking Ronaldo to come back and defend with the rest of the team against Gijon and lose his presence in the counter.. we didn't use the speed at all in the entire game
Rafa in my estimation will be gone in January after a bad first half

Beast

The Observer
Some games we look good... like City.. the rest normal..take into consideration none of the teams we met are as weak as Gijon plus it's pre-season

Beast

The Observer
Marca saying Ronaldo didn't want to give the LW position to Bale as he refused to move...as if Bale & his agent didn't claim since April that Bale's best used behind the striker..pathetic attempt to divert the blame

raskolnikov

Why would Ronaldo even give up lw, he cant play striker as well nor is he as effective on the right.
Thats why Bale's transfer made no sense to begin with because unless Ronaldo leaves there is no position he is at his best.
10 might work in the huge space of the epl but wont cut it in la liga.
Just put James there. Why would marca attack Ronaldo though?

Beast

The Observer
Why would Ronaldo even give up lw, he cant play striker as well nor is he as effective on the right.
Thats why Bale's transfer made no sense to begin with because unless Ronaldo leaves there is no position he is at his best.
10 might work in the huge space of the epl but wont cut it in la liga.
Just put James there. Why would marca attack Ronaldo though?

Ronaldo at best can be a SS never a CF ...Bale could have played a RW like he did but after the first season he started to walk around , never returned to defend.. etc
Marca attack Ronaldo to release the pressure on Bale.. the fans could be hard but stupid they are not... you can easily see there is no chemistry between them and Bale waste so many chances in the AM compared to James or Isco...
he is a winger... he can play on the right and do the same job like the first year but with passion

raskolnikov

Ronaldo at best can be a SS never a CF ...Bale could have played a RW like he did but after the first season he started to walk around , never returned to defend.. etc
Marca attack Ronaldo to release the pressure on Bale.. the fans could be hard but stupid they are not... you can easily see there is no chemistry between them and Bale waste so many chances in the AM compared to James or Isco...
he is a winger... he can play on the right and do the same job like the first year but with passion
I feel the cl and copa goals got to his head, he has been different since then. Not just how he plays but the way he carries himself, his look and everything.
Bale really is a good player but not in the current situation in Madrid.
If this season end up a failure again Bale wil definitely be the player who will get most stick. The fans will probably want Benitez and Perez out as well then of course.

Beast

The Observer
Agree completely...

such a pity when someone waste his chances & talent at such a young age...he has a lot to achieve
makes you appreciate those with hunger like Messi & Ronaldo

Home of Barca Fans