Penal Madrid

raskolnikov

Definitely not. This could see the fans turn on Zidane who doesn't deserve it. The man should start with a clean sheet and his own transfers to choose before being judged.

Even if they fail and win nothing you can always blame in on Benitez' work.
Zidane should always get 3.5 season to build something.
Problem is Perez and the fans are so fickle nobody (but Mourinho) gets the time to build something.

Real need to rebuild its image as a royal classy club, get rid of Perez, get rid of ego's and build a team around players like James and Isco.
Then work on a new style and everything cicking. This will take a few years.
Yet its likely Zidane also gets kicked out in 1.5 year and a half when Real dont win cl/ la liga.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I'd be worried if they assigned Mou or Sampaoli. Or Ancelotti for 6 months even.

Pep is all his brilliance had a squad made of modest players (Xavi, Iniesta, youngsters Messi, Pique, Busquets...) who looked up in him as deity (except for Eto'o).
Zidane has way more egos to deal with and he can be a hothead himself.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Problem is Perez and the fans are so fickle nobody (but Mourinho) gets the time to build something.

Real need to rebuild its image as a royal classy club, get rid of Perez, get rid of ego's and build a team around players like James and Isco.
Yet its likely Zidane also gets kicked out in 1.5 year and a half when Real dont win cl/ la liga.

I agree but as you said coaches don't have that much time. I'm sure that if anybody can force Florentino to listen to his transfer requests it's Zidane. Florentino is already on the edge, if Zidane plays it smart he can do whatever he wants. The risk of Zidane and fans completely turning of Florentino is not to be underestimated.
And about the rebuilding,if we have the balls even 1 summer window can be huge. Those 9 players exodus rumors might turn out not to be so far-fetched. I also like that Zidane prefers French players, Varane was pretty much solely his transfer. He also tried to push for Hazard when he was in Lille,hopefully he won't push now.. There are plenty of young great French players tho:
Pogba,Lacazette,Griezmann,Laporte,Fekir,Umtiti,Martial,Zouma etc.

Morten

You dont ever get to build something at Madrid, you either win CL or its out. Zidane will be coach until summer.

Morten

I agree but as you said coaches don't have that much time. I'm sure that if anybody can force Florentino to listen to his transfer requests it's Zidane. Florentino is already on the edge, if Zidane plays it smart he can do whatever he wants. The risk of Zidane and fans completely turning of Florentino is not to be underestimated.
And about the rebuilding,if we have the balls even 1 summer window can be huge. Those 9 players exodus rumors might turn out not to be so far-fetched. I also like that Zidane prefers French players, Varane was pretty much solely his transfer. He also tried to push for Hazard when he was in Lille,hopefully he won't push now.. There are plenty of young great French players tho:
Pogba,Lacazette,Griezmann,Laporte,Fekir,Umtiti,Martial,Zouma etc.

Zidane cant push Perez to do anything, Perez is the supreme dictator of this club. Summer window wont help Zidane, as this is a short-term solution.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Zidane is not ready for this job.

I agree, and I don't think there's any coach who truly is...

The dressing room is full of spoiled brats that look out only for themselves and the president will continue to force lineups and signings... Obviously anything can happen, but I don't see Zidane redirecting this trainwreck...

NotInHere

I honestly don't care what RM does from now on, as long as they keep cristiano at the helm of the team they wont be as good as they could be

MaxY

Devil May Cry
So Perez is like 17 minutes late to his OWN FUCKING PRESSER. Well there's always hope that somebody assassinated him :neymar:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
So Perez is like 17 minutes late to his OWN FUCKING PRESSER. Well there's always hope that somebody assassinated him :neymar:

No way. I am willing to donate to a fund to hire bodyguards to safeguard his safety and hire lawyers to fend off any attempts to dethrone him.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
Probably still talking with Mou on the phone trying to convince him take the job: "look, I am going to the presser now, this is your last chance".

Home of Barca Fans