Penal Madrid

SirXavi

The Engineer
All top three teams struggled after tough away trips in the Copa. Oh wait.

58400640.jpg

Kikan

It is obvious that real madrid's problem goes much deeper than a bad manager . My question is what is the difference between the way Madrid playing now and the way they played under Rafa Benitez ? I see no real change in tactics or formation or even their approach towards the game . Their sens of entitlement , the arrogant approach and lack of chemistry is their only down fall and has nothing to do with coaches .

jem_4371_copy_0.jpg

SKS-

RM have a talented squad and can go into the bench at a few positions, but as others have implied, the players can't seem to find any consistency or cohesiveness within the system (whatever that may be). You have some players that don't want to do any dirty work or some that simply aren't performing at the levels of which you'd expect. Nonetheless, they have talent, and if they can form that into something of substance, I don't think its too much out of the realm of possibility for them to make a run in the CL. After all, the best team does not always advance/win.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
RM have a talented squad and can go into the bench at a few positions, but as others have implied, the players can't seem to find any consistency or cohesiveness within the system (whatever that may be). You have some players that don't want to do any dirty work or some that simply aren't performing at the levels of which you'd expect. Nonetheless, they have talent, and if they can form that into something of substance, I don't think its too much out of the realm of possibility for them to make a run in the CL. After all, the best team does not always advance/win.

Zidane will not use the squad, it'll be Ancelotti 2.0 and GalaXI every game, mark my words :)

Casemiro and Lucas Vasquez are already a thing of the past.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Betis hadn’t scored in their previous seven games as part of a 10-game winless streak.

Then Madrid visited.

dakt

It is obvious that real madrid's problem goes much deeper than a bad manager . My question is what is the difference between the way Madrid playing now and the way they played under Rafa Benitez ? I see no real change in tactics or formation or even their approach towards the game . Their sens of entitlement , the arrogant approach and lack of chemistry is their only down fall and has nothing to do with coaches .

Lack of chemistry, mostly because of Ronaldo. As long as the team is fueling his ego with tapins and as long as he performs blowjob celebrations, team can do well. Not great, because he's still an ego bomb in the squad which has to compete against Barca.

mehdimike

It's really strange that you can't see the improvment!
By a better finishing Real could score 4-5 goals but I can't say this for any game under Rafa's Real.At that time we couldn't even create chances.
And I hope luka plays well in the upcoming matches too.Was brilliant last night♥♥♥.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire

jem_4371_copy_0.jpg

Are you honestly of the opinion that there is little difference? There was nothing similar between Rafa's team and Zidane's approach which is far from fine tuned. Rafa used to retreat and fold, yesterday there was terrible final 3rd passing but the team kept on coming in waves and played with some sort of form, not the gaping midfield under Rafa.

This draw is hardly irritating the same way Rafa was irritating. The team didn't execute Zidane's intentions because Zidane is still an amateur and because the players are rusty as hell in playing commanding football. Betis played a great pressing game against Real Madrid, that is why they earned a point (maybe could've won all 3) and this is not something Real Madrid's players are used to but they will get better at because the talent is there (Isco, Modric, Benzema, Carvajal, Marcelo) but others will struggle due to the manager's approach the last 1.5 years (Toni, James, Ronaldo, Danilo, Bale, Jese).

It was not a good result by any means and for now it will seem like Rafa was a better fit but he was destroying players not improving them. Zidane might come up short tactically or find it difficult to catch up to Barcelona and Atletico who have more experience but at least he won't fold against the player's egos and he surely won't ruin players due to his own insecurities as he himself was a magnificent player, he can trust players with the ball. Managers like Mourinho and Rafa who weren't good footballers fear technical mistakes, so they do everything possible to minimize them, but Zidane doesn't have this insecurity.

This was the problem with our managers, we hired ones who are great and good but they couldn't overcome their own personal fear of losing the ball, beating a player with the ball so this personal insecurity consumed the tactical approach and it didn't sit well with the players who were purchased due to their level of skill.

Take Ancelotti, Fabio, both players at the top level at one point, they understand footballers as footballers and understand footballers as managers. They were both defensive in their approach but more calculating than introverted. Rafa was introverted. Mourinho was reactionary.

Take Luis Enrique, Pep Guardiola, both understood the game as a player and a manager, so they trust their players with the ball. This is what I am seeing with Zidane and his players. He may lose all games from now till the end of the season, it was a right off to begin with when we fire Ancelotti and hired Rafa, but I don't see players regressing.

Home of Barca Fans