Penal Madrid

vlad

cant blame celta coach for resting key players vs real, they have great chance to get in CDR final, bad timing though

El Flaco

[tw]828686220343517185[/tw]

Real Madrid's official statement on the cancelled Celta-RM game in English

1. Real Madrid C. F. regrets the unfortunate statements made by the mayor of Vigo, Abel Caballero, in which he states that this club disregarded the security measures required for the Real Club Celta de Vigo v Real Madrid C.F. fixture to go ahead.

2. Not only are the mayor's comments inappropriate, they are also totally inaccurate, because at no point in time did Real Madrid C. F. question the security measures in place at Balaídos.

3. Real Madrid C. F. wishes to make it very clear that having learned of the possibility of the game being postponed more than 30 hours ahead of kick-off, the club proposed three alternatives to the Professional Football League: firstly, for consideration to be given to the possibility of repairing the damaged stadium roof; secondly, the possibility of the affected stand being closed; and thirdly, if the two aforementioned options were not possible, to look into staging the fixture at another nearby stadium. These proposals were made with a view to avoiding the postponement of the fixture from negatively impacting upon the four competitions, given the knock-on effect it would cause between them, as well as the massive financial losses suffered by television channels from around the world, which will have an impact on future tenders for the sale of broadcasting rights.

http://www.realmadrid.com/en/news/2017/02/official-announcement

Morten

What were they supposed to do in Vigo. Fix the roof at that storm blowing at 100km/h?

If it werent for the roof you know, it would be kinda fun to have a match in a storm, just watching the ball fly all over the place. Who would have won is anyones guess lol.

JerseyAddict

Pooooor RM. They have so manny games in next month. I suggest them not to show up in some... IE they don't need to travell to Naples. And they can skip a game or two in La Liga. They need to rest.

TrueCule

I watched Napoli a couple of matches now and I can say that their style of play is the true antidote for Real. Their counter attacks are absolutely amazing. Mertens, Insigne and Hamšik work wonders in the fast buildup play. They also have a couch that is ready to adjust the tactics according to the opponent. Overall the team is far from being naive and will possess a big threat for Real. According to the forms in which both teams are currently I seriously think that Napoli can win the tie against Real if they can get a good result on the first leg.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans