Pep Guardiola

maz

I walk the line
I was disappointed after the game but meta helped me see sense. Lets be honest..we came back after the international break and kept up our record of not losing after int' break. We got a point at the mestalla (the same we got last season..although to be fair different circumstances), and tonight we played better but defensive mistakes cost us. We hit the woodwork twice, zlatan played very well, messi looked good... i think its unfair to say pep is doing a bad job at the moment. Madrid losing to sevilla was important for us because it gave us some breathing space.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
At the moment we're just suffering a patch of bad luck and slightly under par form that every team suffers at least once or twice a season. It's no big deal and I have every confidence we'll bounce back against Zaragoza on Sunday.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It's not Pep's fault that he was given a thin squad. Xavi and Messi are overplayed and even with full squad minus Henry we are looking unable to make quality rotations as most of top sides in Europe.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Well said Bojan, we're suffering from certain individuals not having fulfilled their objectives during the summer and consequently look horribly light in midfield and on the left.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Given our lack of depth is it likely we might buy in January? I know it's generally a crap time to buy but if Pep demands it?

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
It seems almost certain that we'll head into the market in January, Nobinho and Luis Suárez are two of the names that have been seriously touted in the Catalan press.

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
pep tried his best, he put out our best squad to play rubin and we failed on blips of certain players, i really felt we should have played puyol as he is always good in the CL and leads the team but other than that not his fault.

but we need some players in January that for sure

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
It's not Pep's fault that he was given a thin squad. Xavi and Messi are overplayed and even with full squad minus Henry we are looking unable to make quality rotations as most of top sides in Europe.

Well said Bojan, we're suffering from certain individuals not having fulfilled their objectives during the summer and consequently look horribly light in midfield and on the left.

Not only are many of our players overplayed, we also don't have anybody that could come of the bench and change a match. We need a player like Toni or Trez' that can give us even more options than Ibra. Getting Ibra was a brilliant move by Pep, now he just needs to use his qualities more.

Another thing. I don't think we should 'invest' in the Copa, that will just break our squad even more. What Pep should do is to play our youngsters - Gai, Thiago, Bojan, Rochina, Muniesa, Dos Santos etc. The whole Copa should be a campaign to give our youngsters a go.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
It seems almost certain that we'll head into the market in January, Nobinho and Luis Suárez are two of the names that have been seriously touted in the Catalan press.

Cool, well either of them would be a quality addition for that LW role. As long as we don't do too badly until then we should be ok. It's the 2nd half of the season when depth really comes into play, so as long as some cover is in by then. Also with Henry's lay off he should be pretty fresh when he comes back, so hopefully he'll find his form quickly as he won't be fatigued.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
First Fashion mistake by Pep
2009-10-22_ENTRENO_13.JPG

Horrible jacket for such a classy person.

Home of Barca Fans