Pep Guardiola

Petrinha

Alice in Wonderland
What makes you think he has Jewish roots? Spain has never had a particularly high proportion of ethnic Jewish immigrants, and Guardiola's name - first and last, as well as his parents', don't really imply Jewish roots. You never know though!
Never heard that info.Anyway, Spain did have a big portion of jewish immigrants.There were more then 100 sephardic jewish communities in 14th century before the masacres, forced convertions and expulsion. Almost any city nowdays in Castilla, Leon, Andalusia or Catalonia has it's Juderia(jewish quartier), so all is possible hehe

considering googling "pep guardiola jewish mother" has this thread at the top of the list, I'm gonna go ahead and assume his mother isn't jewish. what a tragedy that is. someone great that doesn't have jewish heritage! WHATEVER WILL WE DO?!
lol, Meta

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
did someone say avram grant?

Avram_Grant_367672a.jpg

beef-supreme

Never heard that info.Anyway, Spain did have a big portion of jewish immigrants.There were more then 100 sephardic jewish communities in 14th century before the masacres, forced convertions and expulsion. Almost any city nowdays in Castilla, Leon, Andalusia or Catalonia has it's Juderia(jewish quartier), so all is possible hehe

Neither did I which is why I questioned its validity in the first place. Well, compare that to other countries in Europe and it's really minimal. And after the 14th century then, most of them ceased to exist. If you look at current demographics then Spain probably won't even be in the top 10 in terms of pure numbers, and certainly not in the top 20 in terms of percentage of population. Whereas "Josep Guardiola" sounds quite very Catalan and he looks very Catalan too, all i'm saying is that it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't have Jewish ethnic roots.

House of Flies

all your bases belong to us
man, we can write a photo essay through this... a story is already forming.

0903_avram1.jpg

avram is not pleased by the sissy behavior of another israeli.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
What makes you think he has Jewish roots? Spain has never had a particularly high proportion of ethnic Jewish immigrants, and Guardiola's name - first and last, as well as his parents', don't really imply Jewish roots. You never know though!

Catalunya, particularly Girona used to have quite a large Jewish population.

Petrinha

Alice in Wonderland
Neither did I which is why I questioned its validity in the first place. Well, compare that to other countries in Europe and it's really minimal. And after the 14th century then, most of them ceased to exist. If you look at current demographics then Spain probably won't even be in the top 10 in terms of pure numbers, and certainly not in the top 20 in terms of percentage of population. Whereas "Josep Guardiola" sounds quite very Catalan and he looks very Catalan too, all i'm saying is that it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't have Jewish ethnic roots.
Yeah, but i was refering to the heritage and possibilities that some did survive, some converted, some came back plus ... hmmm i doubt he can be of the Sephardim from Northern Africa that came in 20th century, but well, genetics is a bitch lol
Guardiola is not a name we're looking for but his mom's then :)

Last edited:

beef-supreme

Yeah, but i was refering to the heritage and possibilities that some did survive, some converted, some came back plus ... hmmm i doubt he can be of the Sephardim from Northern Africa that came in 20th century, but well, genetics is a bitch lol
Guardiola is not a name we're looking for but his mom's then :)

That's possible, I didn't know this, neither what Adam said about the large numbers of immigrants in Barcelona. Well you can never know!

Yep , Beef Jewish faith refer to the mother religion not the father.
so if his father was Jewish & mother Christian he won't be considered one

Indeed, although he would still ethnically be Jewish if not religiously so.

Home of Barca Fans