Pep Guardiola

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Exactly 2 years since Guardiola made a debut as FC Barcelona manager. Barca faced Wisla in Champions League qualifiers on the day and won 4-0.
Lucky 13, eh?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Nice pickup Bojan...Have to find an article I came across recently that was analyzing whether Pep or Rosell will resign first in what is believed to be a problem that may be gaining steam

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Simply too early to tell imo. I don´t like those black crows if you know what I mean. Rosell has been president barely a month.

nebeer

Love is All
Does Pep really think that we have enough players to go through the entire season? I find it a little baffling to be honest...

nebeer

Love is All
Pep knows thee squad better than anyone. I trust him.

I want to and I do, but the game against Sevilla probably showed that our youngsters still need time to contribute at the highest level. And having a thin squad is not really safe is it?

Seamus

Pep knows thee squad better than anyone. I trust him.

X 2 he has been working with this squad for quiet awhile now so he surely knows them well by now, and if he is going to depend on youth then there must be good reason for it!!

I want to and I do, but the game against Sevilla probably showed that our youngsters still need time to contribute at the highest level. And having a thin squad is not really safe is it?

But with the majority of our big players missing didnt help either!! With Xavi in midfield would help JDS or Thiago a lot. It was a bad result against Sevilla but it was a bad way of breaking them into the first team, although he had no choice really

nebeer

Love is All
We must think that in absence of Sergi, do we have a good enough DM who can be as good as him or serve the purpose well. Sometimes, its not the length of the season that we need cover for but that one all important week or couple of weeks that can make all the difference. So we need quality ammunition at our disposal.

nebeer

Love is All
May be Pep himself would put his soccer boots on for a game this season and play as a DM, he looks very fit.

shann

Xavi es mi hombre
Guardiola: "Ibrahimovic? He's here. I repeat that it's better not to talk about that right now."
Guardiola: "It's possible we sign another player; although with the players we have at the first and the B team, it's enough."
Guardiola: "Everything happens slower this year. I need some more weeks to know how this season will turn out."
Guardiola: "Did the board offer me Ozil and Mascherano? No. Would I be interested in Mascherano if they did? We'll see."
Guardiola: "I informed the club about which position I would like to strengthen."
(Pep interview translated by @barcastuff)

I'm worried by his statements. Seems like there's an awkward (? complicated ?) communication procedure between him and the management.

nebeer

Love is All
I'm happy that Pep has made it clear to us that he would like transfers and he has asked Zubi to make them happen. This was something I was waiting to hear.

Home of Barca Fans