Pep Guardiola

D

dikton

Valdés: "I can't imagine the club without Guardiola"

"The coach Pep is one of the greatest successes of the history of this club. I do not imagine the club without Pep," the goalkeeper told a news conference.

nebeer

Love is All
Then go and vote...www.guardiolapresident.si

BTW, EMD has an interesting piece on an apparent falling out between Pep & the infamous traitor, Figo...All as a result of the Inter encounter whereby Figo had the audacity to query Pep about who he was going to start ahead of the match in Milan for the first Semifinal...It is reported that the question after a warm greeting etc. caught the skipper off guard and saw him completely cool to Figo...They say their relationship has never been the same despite Pep still being godfather to one of Figo's kids.

Once a traitor, always a snake

Great!! Amazing that so many people wish to see Pep as Barca president as well. I couldn't use the link you gave since it's not in English. Do they have an English version of it?

P

PhilS

FCB can start totating players more, or eventually pay the price for too many minutes for Alves, Puyol, Pique, Busquets, Iniesta, Messi and Villa. The alternatives at winger and midfield are so good that there is no excuse for overplaying anyone at those positions. For the central defenders and super forwards, it is understandable why Pep does not want to sit his main guys, but it is better to see what happens playing others now then wearing out his superstars before the most important Liga and CL games.

Richard.H

FCB can start totating players more, or eventually pay the price for too many minutes for Alves, Puyol, Pique, Busquets, Iniesta, Messi and Villa. The alternatives at winger and midfield are so good that there is no excuse for overplaying anyone at those positions. For the central defenders and super forwards, it is understandable why Pep does not want to sit his main guys, but it is better to see what happens playing others now then wearing out his superstars before the most important Liga and CL games.

Really true. It's ridiculous to have this much talent on the bench and not even use it.

That's my biggest problem with Pep: He relies on the starting 11 too much.

Trequartista

The good
I think now eveyone knows why Pep always refuses to rest Xavi,Messi unless there is only 5-10 minutes left,a conceded penalty,a missed penalty,a sending off all of those can change the game
Pep=Legend

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
o0xw9l.png

Tomchin

Really true. It's ridiculous to have this much talent on the bench and not even use it.
Don't know about that. Mourinho has used far less rotation this season, he's used the same starting line-up for nearly every game. Pep on the other hand, has rotated between 14 players: Valdes, Alves, Pique, Puyol, Xavi, Villa, Iniesta, Messi, Mascherano, Keita, Busquets, Pedro, Maxwell, Abidal.

Bojan, Jeffren, Milito, Pinto, Adriano have barely been used, but that's cause they were injured, or are simply not good enough (atm).

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt

That's my biggest problem with Pep: He relies on the starting 11 too much.
It's not like we have that many players that can have an impact on the game? It's not like we're blowing everyone away 5 or 6-0 so that he can play youngsters.

Who do you want to play? The only ones he can play to change the outcome of a game is Adriano(more accurate than Dani), Keita(with his running), Mascherano(more aggression), Busquets(better fluency).

It's not like Bojan can come in and do a better job as Villa because he is a poor mans Villa. (younger, might become better..)

Home of Barca Fans