Pep Guardiola

Stric

Their asses are literally hanging from the upcoming CL tie. It's the be-all-end-all of their existence. Especially Pep's.

We must capitalize on that.

It could also be an immense motivator for them, as the loss against Porto in the first leg was.

JackaL

The ones who have read Pep Confidential probably will agree that the atmosphere at Bayern might have changed a lot. They praised Pep as the new football philosopher (which I think he deserves very much) when he arrived, yet the voices against him are louder at the moment. The pressure at Barca was especially felt because nobody was actually managing Barca (Rosell and his colleagues). When the team was constantly attacked by Mou and others, Barca did nothing... Pep himself had to attack Mou the same way, his team loved it, they hated it that nobody was defending them. It's shitty when you are the best team in history and the biggest scumbag on earth is trying to steal your glory by verbally attacking you and trying to influence the media. I think especially this has changed at Bayern, he has a team that is taking care of these things. You see Sammer is always talking positive about Pep etc.

Morten

Did Pep start learning German in the year he was away from football? I dont know much german, but it sounds like he is a quick learner.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
From Pep Confidential:

"The club will then buy Thiago, whom Barcelona have been trying to transfer since the summer of 2011, a year before Guardiola left the Catalan club."

"The player has already reached an agreement with the Munich team and is not interested in going anywhere else. No one from Bayern anticipates any opposition from Barca, who have for some time been very open about their wish to sell the player. When Guardiola was still coaching Barca, in the summer of 2011, the club was already testing the market. Later they agreed to include an escape clause in the players contract, which detailed that if Thiago played less than a stated minimum number of minutes per year, his recission fee would drop hugely, to €18 million instead of the phohibitive €90 million figure in the original contract. Later having won the Spanish league, nobody at Barca was interested in changing the team dynamic just so that Thiago could reach the target amount of playing time and it seems unlikely that the club is going to reject a reasonable offer now."

How is that Pep "stealing" Thiago when they could have just given him adequate time and were trying to get rid of him in the first place?

It isn't, it's just more fashionable to toss Pep under the bus

Did Pep start learning German in the year he was away from football? I dont know much german, but it sounds like he is a quick learner.

He did. But Alonso and Pepe Reina seem to really beat him in speed and quality - they have the advantage to really use the language every day whereas Pep was in New York talking only to a teacher. They already talk a lot better than some other players talk after some years in Germany but I guess that is a result of their teacher, too, who does not teach them footballer German but really teaches them Grammar and a real good pronunciation, too.

Richard.H

He did. But Alonso and Pepe Reina seem to really beat him in speed and quality - they have the advantage to really use the language every day whereas Pep was in New York talking only to a teacher. They already talk a lot better than some other players talk after some years in Germany but I guess that is a result of their teacher, too, who does not teach them footballer German but really teaches them Grammar and a real good pronunciation, too.

If I remember correctly, Pep also had the outmost educational support when learning German. He was rumored to be in intensive sessions while in NY trying to learn the language and be engulfed in the culture.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

I figure Alonso and especially Reina simply have a lot more time at their hand than Pep to take their German learning seriously.

Kinlejus

Declined? :lol: WTF are you talking about, the only "bad" thing that happened to Bayern since Heynckes retired was the drubbing VS Real. Otherwise they were absolutely dominant.

Yeah. As 'dominant' as this? :lol: :lol:

I think you are in the wrong forum.

Richard.H

As crazy as I sound right now but I think Pep should've parked the bus. His only attacker available was Lewa and it wouldn't be enough with just him. He should've put all 10 behind the ball since all of their players are so physical.

I know this isn't the Pep way, but to be fair we are in top form right now and he should've recognized this.

Stric

As crazy as I sound right now but I think Pep should've parked the bus. His only attacker available was Lewa and it wouldn't be enough with just him. He should've put all 10 behind the ball since all of their players are so physical.

I know this isn't the Pep way, but to be fair we are in top form right now and he should've recognized this.

I, for one, respect Pep for not murdering a glorious CL semi-final game with such tactics.

DrPepper

Agent Pep and dat away form. :lol:

But honestly, if there's someone I feel sorry for it's him. His in game coaching was superb and Bayern looked really solid in the second half. Can't blame him for trying to score an away goal late on either.

Alik

Bayern actually defended very well throughout the game apart from one or two incidents. They were frustrating until the first goal.

Don't know if we would have scored if Messi hadn't decided to go on beast mode.

Stric

His in game coaching was superb and Bayern looked really solid in the second half.

True. Early in the second half for a while there Barca looked lost, and Bayern was pulling the strings. I was actually worried we were going to concede at that point. He must have gave them really good half-time instructions, but you can't keep that up for 45 minutes. Especially not against Messi in this form.

Bayern actually defended very well throughout the game apart from one or two incidents. They were frustrating until the first goal.

Don't know if we would have scored if Messi hadn't decided to go on beast mode.

Yes, let's not forget that we couldn't score for 77 minutes, even though we were dominating. They broke down after Messi's first goal, but up until that point, they were very solid, without parking the bus.

Home of Barca Fans