Pep Guardiola

Seamus

Pep has always gone with that mentality and tbh he's probably right. I'd say he'll stay until we win everything we can win again and then bow out. I'd imagine/hope Luis Enrique will be given a shot depending on how he gets on next season wherever he goes.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
If he wants to go then it's his decision, he's a clever man and will want to leave while at the top not when things are going bad, fair play to him a legend for what he's done

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Perhaps he wants more of a challenge in a less comfortable environment. Everything for him at Barcelona has been perfect so far and as an ambitious man, it's not surprising if he wishes to leave on a high and at the right time for him.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
He's always dropped hints about this, it's not really a new point of view for him. He's maintained consistently that he'd be here for a period and bring the club success, then move on and seek a new challenge elsewhere when he feels he's at the end of his 'cycle' at Barca. He's entitled to do that, he's given a lot to Barca.

If we win the treble this season we could even see him go in the summer, you never know.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
how about sir alex ferguson?
How about fuck Ferguson?

He's a one off, unique. And even he was almost kicked out at the start if I'm not mistaken. He's not the benchmark, there won't be anyone repeating his CV quickly and definitely not in Spain.

Johann tried similar after the dream team and he was bye-bye'ed.
Guardiola saw Cruijff and Van Gaal come and go during his career as a player. If there is anyone who knew what he started in june 2008, it was Pep. If anyone knew where his maximum lies, regardless the prizes or failures, it is Pep.

This is like TV-series. If you don't want to ruin the first excellent seasons, don't make a last shit season. End at a high, but that takes courage. You disappoint the fans when you don't make new seasons, you have to leave while everything smells like roses, ... That is exactly what we (just look at the reactions) cannot do at this moment.

wenger > pep. pep can win you lot lots of trophies..but he has no doubt wasted Soo much money on getting useless players like ibra.i think arsenal have spent less than 60 million euro in the last 5 years..and if u only have 15m at your disposal and your opponents have a infinite transfer kitty(man city,chelsea and even united) lets see how you perform. pep is an awesome coach no doubt..but his transfer record is scary.
The problem with Pep is that we don't know what are his transfers and what not, it's troubled in Spain. He is a football coach, not a club manager. That said:

1) Pep is here to coach the team to prizes, which he does.
2) The club and Pep use the money (Arsenal has money as well) instead of making it a moral argument to be the nicer team, even if you win shit.
3) Pep/the club spend money on, in the end, shit transfers. Wenger does the same but with less money. Ergo: both are a bit crap at transfers.

What a stupid destabilising thing to say. You've really called this one wrong Pep, this could not have come at a worse time for us.
It is the perfect timing. Right after two weeks of internationals, right before money time. It's a call to arms for the whole club and players. It's a "don't take things for granted'-statement. If you don't see his fear for complacency in this interview ...

And above all, for the outside this might come as a "shock", but no one knows how he has been working to this interview inside the dressing room. And that's all that matters. Pep is too smart to destabilise it at such a point, in such a way.

too soon to worry about it
And that's the end of the discussion. When it is March 2012, then we can go nuts.

Catalonian Devil

Shukran Pep
wenger > pep. pep can win you lot lots of trophies..but he has no doubt wasted Soo much money on getting useless players like ibra.i think arsenal have spent less than 60 million euro in the last 5 years..and if u only have 15m at your disposal and your opponents have a infinite transfer kitty(man city,chelsea and even united) lets see how you perform. pep is an awesome coach no doubt..but his transfer record is scary.

:lol:

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
yes pep has signed some great players..but he also has made a lot of mistakes while signing players..50% good players and 50% bad players. His mistakes have no doubt been very expensive..mistakes like that can sink many clubs..i don't know on what basis u consider ibra "the worlds second most expensive transfer of 70 million euro" ever successful. all i am saying is pep would have found it a lot difficult to manage a club like arsenal where finances are not as abundant as fcb/real madrid/ mancity..so it is unfair that people 'gang up' on wenger just cos he hasn't won anything for the last few years..

Transfer record doesn't make a manager great. Mourinho is also shit at transfers, is Wenger better than him? Wenger is tactically inept and doesn't know how to instill discipline and winning mentality. The last bit is the most important trait for a manager.

Home of Barca Fans