Pep Guardiola

W

woobie

I believe that Pep has consistently said more or less the same thing -- that he doesn't see himself staying as coach there for ever and ever. So I wouldn't read too much into it in terms of fights with club manaagement or anything of that sort.

Clockwise

Buccaneer
Yeah agree. IDK about club management issues but Pep has his own idea of renewal and well, he said as long as there is hunger for trophies (both in himself and the players) he'd like to stay.

Also Pep apparently is not happy that this interview is out now and it seems there would be more explanation after Villareal match.

karthik

He is one of those who saw what happened to a great like Johann when he was sacked after his fifth year at the club. He believes success phase is for four years and then there's a transition and he certainly doesnt want to receive another sent off like what happened for him some 10 years ago. I for one want him to continue his journey and wil be his through admirer of his character humility and class on and off the pitch. Every single word of his has a meaning and I absolutely respect it. PEP>3

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
Guardiola: "I think my time here in Barcelona is coming to an end. I'm fine here, but you can't stay for long at a club like this." [rai]
Guardiola: "Next year will be my 4th as Barça coach and a club must have a lot of courage to keep a coach for so long." [rai]

I think you should renew till you die,Pep.

Thank you, Rosell.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
great statement from Pep. he's keeping Sandro and the players in line, basically saying "don't fuck around, or I'll leave."

P

PhilS

what about the arguement he had with pique??does anyone know about it?
someone even posted the gif.

I think being part of a team that includes Pique is going to include occasional arguments with Pique. This is normal, they blow over very quickly, no big deal. If Pep thinks one more year here will be enough, it's not because of any one player or member of management.

Pep is a great coach for Barca. But the Barca way would not end if Pep leaves.

The way Messi plays rubs off on all the forwards he plays with, he influences them more than any coach ever does. This was clear with the Albiceleste in World Cup 2010.

Look at the effect of all the Barca players on the Spanish World Cup team. That team's style of play was very similar to Barca's, even though Del Bosque is a Madridista.

By the start of the 2012-2013 season, Xavi might be ready to transition to being more of a part-time player. Player/coach.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Fake fake fake... Pep, even if he really wanted to leave, making these statements at this time of the year!? When we are fighting for all those trophies!? Sorry I'm not believing it! He is really not so stupid to kick the confidence out of the players in such a brutal way!!

Birdy

By the start of the 2012-2013 season, Xavi might be ready to transition to being more of a part-time player. Player/coach.

We should stop going so often into fantasy land.. The fact that MAsia is a great system of building teams and providing players does not mean that every player shortly after his retirement would be a trophy-machine as a coach..
We were lucky to find a yound and phenomenal manager like Guardiola, he came a moment that the club was sinking with accelerating pace after 2006 and Ten Cate's flee..
But this is happening only once.. It the hit of the decade (or i should say more)...

El Gato

Villarato!
Fake fake fake... Pep, even if he really wanted to leave, making these statements at this time of the year!? When we are fighting for all those trophies!? Sorry I'm not believing it! He is really not so stupid to kick the confidence out of the players in such a brutal way!!

It's not fake:

http://www.rai.tv/dl/RaiTV/programm...2a5-4b80-4fb9-b27a-e5864f41ee0b-raisport.html

It could be either:
1) Papers re-phrasing his words to sound stupidly like 'Oh, I don't know whether I'm going to be there for another year'
2) Pep throwing an idiotic joke for April Fool's Day

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
No it's true. It's due to his philosophy that a coach can only coach for about 4-5 years before the team can't tak anything out from te coach anymore.

karthik

Man Utd were patient enough to let Alez Ferguson build and experiment during the times of transition. Johann tried similar after the dream team and he was bye-bye'ed.

Home of Barca Fans