Pep Guardiola

Nazario1985

People focus on PSG and forget how much PL teams spend each summer.

If Kane is signed this summer Pep will be close to 2 billions euro project to win a CL :messi:
[MENTION=19457]KingLeo10[/MENTION] yes they did

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-images.sportbible.com%2Fs3%2Fcontent%2F864be5a65dfc2981bf9888efc31bb095.png

Mateka

So City on balance have spent 200,000 more than United. You have made my day. Money well spent. A trophy cabinet full of silverware.

There is no mention in the table of date or source. Also how 1 billion became 2 billion?

Last edited:

MTL_Barca

View attachment 9069

Daily Mail.

City only 100,000 more than Barca. Take into consideration where City were starting from.

Daily Mail level of journalism :lol: The spending is obviously highly inflated by just Neymar alone, without getting 222M Barca couldn't have spent the almost 300M on Coutinho and Dembele so that stat alone is pointless.

Actually i don't recall any big sales from Citys side ever, what's their most expensive sale...Sane for 40M or what it was?

Last edited:

Mateka

Daily Mail level of journalism :lol: The spending is obviously highly inflated by just Neymar alone, without getting 222M Barca couldn't have spent the almost 300M on Coutinho and Dembele so that stat alone is pointless.

Actually i don't recall any big sales from Citys side ever, what's their most expensive sale...Sane for 40M or what it was?

In the top 25 salaries in Europe, City have one entry - Grealish.

Nazario1985

So City on balance have spent 200,000 more than United. You have made my day. Money well spent. A trophy cabinet full of silverware.

There is no mention in the table of date or source. Also how 1 billion became 2 billion?

Look for yourself the same table is everywhere and its IN POUND which makes without any spending this summer @ 1.65 billions euro and we are talking expenditure not balance.

Mateka

In the top 25 salaries in Europe, City have one entry - Grealish.

Let me correct that, KDB has signed a new deal and is now in the top 10. My detractors missed that one. :)

Balance is important. If a club spend 5 billion and sell 6 billion, that is so much different than referring to the purchases. City do not have high sales. They would today with the squad assembled, but where they started from that was not the case.

To think in the table - no source provided or date - City only spent 200,000 more than United, is wonderful news and very encouraging.

Inflationary signings in the transfer market are the two at the top of the list, both signed by PSG.

Mateka

Look for yourself the same table is everywhere and its IN POUND which makes without any spending this summer @ 1.65 billions euro and we are talking expenditure not balance.

Ah, so the table is in pounds, but we refer to it in Euros, any exchange rate we choose, then add what is not in the table - is that before or after the table was drawn up - so that the figure we use in the headlines is much more dramatic.

I am beginning to get the hang of this now.

Nazario1985

Ah, so the table is in pounds, but we refer to it in Euros, any exchange rate we choose, then add what is not in the table - is that before or after the table was drawn up - so that the figure we use in the headlines is much more dramatic.

I am beginning to get the hang of this now.

Dude if you can't believe ManCity spend more than 1 billions euro years ago and now they are way ahead of 1.5B it's your problem

Pep is the biggest spender in the last decade end of story.

Bobo32

Why care about what football clubs spend?
Guardiola had to in some way replace big parts of an aging City squad - he still kept Aguero, Silva and some more even though he could've spent money on players that might've been better.
His teams have his identity, they are top, top teams, and the players costs money, especially when the sellers knows there is money available.

I dislike teams/clubs that lack identity, that buys aimlessly or just on hype, who can't develop players or get them to play well.

Mateka

Dude if you can't believe ManCity spend more than 1 billions euro years ago and now they are way ahead of 1.5B it's your problem

Pep is the biggest spender in the last decade end of story.

Pep is the biggest spender in the last decade end of story.[/QUOTE]

I really do not have a problem. In fact I am very happy. A team that I have supported for well over 50 years, that once were champions of England, and won a European cup, became a laughing stock and were relegated to the third division. If ever a team lost a lead it was us. If ever a team scored an own goal it was us on the field and in the boardroom. The lower we sank the higher united ascended. Trophy after trophy for them. Manager after manager for us. Yet the most loyal of fans, over 28000 average attendance in the 3rd division. Fans much admired in the UK for sticking with a club.
But then the tide came in. We caught a wave and then another and another. Today, 2010-2020 more silverware than any other English team. Remember United have always spent, spent, spent. So too Chelsea and God bless them. Now it is our turn and I am loving it.
If the wave sinks in a season or two, and all the goodies go back in the box. I have still loved to be up amongst the top teams in Europe. To be a threat as a team and not a non entity.
City have had to spend because in decades we have had no history. But only a couple hundred thousand more than United and Manchester is blue.
Have a nice day, and thank you for helping me how to read a table.

Last edited:

Nazario1985

Why care about what football clubs spend?
Guardiola had to in some way replace big parts of an aging City squad - he still kept Aguero, Silva and some more even though he could've spent money on players that might've been better.
His teams have his identity, they are top, top teams, and the players costs money, especially when the sellers knows there is money available.

I dislike teams/clubs that lack identity, that buys aimlessly or just on hype, who can't develop players or get them to play well.

It's not care it's was just brought into discussion.

PL teams spending frenzy was only matched by FCB after Neymar left.

City is a buying machine but also a loaning machine, they offload players like crazy.

Also in PSG threads people laugh how much they spent without a CL trophy but forget City spent way way more and same result just a CL final.

Mateka

It's not care it's was just brought into discussion.

PL teams spending frenzy was only matched by FCB after Neymar left.

City is a buying machine but also a loaning machine, they offload players like crazy.

Also in PSG threads people laugh how much they spent without a CL trophy but forget City spent way way more and same result just a CL final.

City have copied Chelsea, buy players and loan them out. When they develop sell for a profit, the best ones bring back to City. I am not saying I agree with it, but that football today. Spanish and Portuguese clubs did similar with South American players. English teams are catching up there.

PSG signing of Neymar for an obscene amount followed by Mbappe caused the problem. Sadly, Barca board endeavoured to play catch up with overrated transfers, and the rest is history.

City spend money. I hope the do not sign Kane for the prices quoted. But at the end of the day they can afford it.

Pep, I seem to remember did well at Barca with players coming through the system. He can do both.

Home of Barca Fans