Pep Guardiola

Rory

Possibly one trophy this season if they don’t fuck up of course.

He’s spent nearly half a billion euros on defenders and yet his teams concede goals for fun.

Temptation

Good, then you agree EV takes the majority of blame for Anfield.

Most people did blame him. Like I said, Part and Parcel.

Personally, if I look deeper, Roma is on EV. LFC not so much.

The problem is that Pep is a repeat offender in the CL with stacked squads

malvolio

Sounding like a broken record, but you see that bench of Man City and it is ridiculous. The depth there should leave Madrid without a chance.

Pep was a little too calculative in the approach to the game. Won't say it cost them, but maybe they should have tried to put Madrid to the sword a little bit more. Esp when they went in front which was at the time against the run of the play.

Tbf he brought on multi million players like Sterling and Grealish and they looked like bums.

Yesterday he had the approach to selection and tactics than every keyboard manager was crying for.

KingLeo10

Most people did blame him. Like I said, Part and Parcel.

Personally, if I look deeper, Roma is on EV. LFC not so much.

The problem is that Pep is a repeat offender in the CL with stacked squads

Not the cult of EV on here.

Klopp also needs to win this CL final, by the way. Otherwise, the narrative can also very well be that he can't beat similar or stronger teams in the final with a 1-3 W/L record.

Temptation

Not the cult of EV on here.

Klopp also needs to win this CL final, by the way. Otherwise, the narrative can also very well be that he can't beat similar or stronger teams in the final with a 1-3 W/L record.

Mate, Klopp was labelled a cup-final bottler for years before we finally won the CL

KingLeo10

Mate, Klopp was labelled a cuo-final bottler for years before we finally won the CL

The only final I think he bottled was the Europa league one v Sevilla (if memory serves me).

But yeah, these narratives can be unfair, and CL and national cup KO ties at the very top are about the finest margins.

Maldini, who won 5 CL, was always "unlucky" for example for Italy (94 WC final, 98, 00 Euros). That sort of stuff doesn't taint my perception of a player/manager very much. Sure, Guardiola's stock has gone down in the list of top 5-10 managers ever, but he is still going to be in the spot unless something drastic happens like he can't make top 4 for years and years.

Home of Barca Fans