Pep Guardiola

Nazario1985

Not the cult of EV on here.

Klopp also needs to win this CL final, by the way. Otherwise, the narrative can also very well be that he can't beat similar or stronger teams in the final with a 1-3 W/L record.

Unlike Pep Klopp did win a CL with less than 10% of pep's spending.

Not counting the CLs at FCB because you need to be the fucking crazy bad to not win something with that generation !! and yet 2010 ..

JamDav1982

Unlike Pep Klopp did win a CL with less than 10% of pep's spending.

Not counting the CLs at FCB because you need to be the fucking crazy bad to not win something with that generation !! and yet 2010 ..

Easy to say in hindsight but before Pep arrived at Barca Xavi was on brink of leaving, Messi was injured, Ronaldinho/Deco had free reign while likes of Busi and Pedri were not highly regarded at all in B team.

Pep asked for Pique, improved Henry, improved Abidal, improved Valdes, Puyol the list goes on.

To claim Pep arrived with an easy job and great generation is revisionism and not where Barca were at end of 2007/08 season.

BBZ8800

Some negative posts from Blue moon about Pep:
Most honest pundits grudgingly accept we are the best team in Europe. So why don?t we win the damn thing? It has to be the mentality in the squad and the Manager in the final stages. It?s that will, desire, arrogance, belief, killer instinct that we seem to collectively lack.

His whole CL campaigns with us can be categorised by collapses and defeats by inferior opposition. I personally don?t think he will win the CL with us.
However, he is the best guy in the business at winning league titles and that?s the bread and butter for me.

One think to add, seriously who feel the same as me, since Pep came, you always feel when we are one goal down, there is a high probability we will lose, it is like a film script, you have nothing more to expect other than a loss, it happened in many games, and nothing special to expect.
Every time city play, there is a feeling, that the team should score 4 goals before 15min in order to be able to control the game and annihilate opposition sprit.

What happened yesterday is a big shock but when you analyze the season carefully, you get that the team is not perfect and a deja vu feeling, i was thinking about Monaco game even before yesterday, i kept hearing Madrid players we are confident we will do it etc, at the end the luck was with the team who expressed the desire to go to the final.

Laporte is a weak link in the important games, or maybe he just needs another tactical set up to deliver

As for Guardiola, he should bring new fresh ideas and set up, the players acts like robots some times, how many times you feel they can't shoot or move the ball quickly, they keep passing and passing until they find the net empty to enter with the ball.

I get what you?re saying and I also feel that at times. Having said that Pep is a genius with some flaws, one of which is his stubbornness.
I feel like you because so often the opposition score with their first effort on target so there is always the worry that will happen.
Secondly because on occasion we don?t kill teams off early enough, one can get that feeling. We hardly ever lose in the UK from a goal up but until we get the second I feel nervous.
Pep likes intelligent players but I take your point about being robotic at times. The obvious examples are receiving in midfield with no one marking you yet the ball goes back the way it comes. This often happens during games and whilst we often break the midfield lines we could do it more.
The other thing is we are pretty poor at coming back from a goal down so again I feel that element of fear,

There is a bit of truth in this. Once we go behind, we don't seem to have the confidence that we can make a comeback. We have lost the art of throwing the kitchen sink.

In the same way you have to say that this year Real have done the same thing three times on the bounce to three of the biggest clubs in Europe at which point it doesn't feel like them simply being 'lucky'.
They have the know how and they have the grit, winning is just in their DNA, they make it happen.

We are an amazing collective as long as the things go our way. As soon as shit hit the fan we turned into the bunch of robots with busted CPUs. And then when it was needed to reach for that emotion and character within to push you forward as and individual it was not there, because it has been coached out by Pep. And the result is all that ambling all over the pitch for almost 25 minutes. But fuck it, it's water under the bridge now, let's just hope we somehow find whatever is needed to win the remaining four games.

We are too gung ho in Europe. Over 38 games in the league it works.

I just saw this and it's a bit concerning. Shows that as good as Pep's teams are they are mentally fragile and collapse when things don't go to plan.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

City sounds like old amigos club before total collapse.

If they don't change their squad during the summer, I doubt they will win CL.

So something like Barca 2017 vs Juventus. Still good but not great.(even though City is probably bit better). The cracks are showing. They need to buy players and sell the weak ones.

MTL_Barca

There is a lot Pep to criticize about, but it's kinda funny posting quotes like that because i don't think i've ever seen a fanbase of a big club not shitting on coach and/or team after an important loss.

Bayern fans on their forum for example went from calling Kovac and the team shit, to criticizing Flick for his playstyle, to winning the treble, back to moaning about Flicks all out attack style and then his massive ego, to now shit on Nagelsmann and discussing how they need like 5 new players because team is lacking so much.

I mean don't get me wrong i see the point there regarding Peps teams, but still if Rodrygo of all players doesn't suddenly score 2 goals in last 2 minutes everyone there would've cheered.

malvolio

City would be challenging for 2nd or 3rd in EPL if Guardiola is not there.

Thing is Pep has been an unlucky manager after leaving Barcelona. Hardly can remember a CL KO moment when City got lucky and went through.

Birdy

In Greece Valverde is regarded as a Cruyff like figure who taught the Greeks what football is about

Because when he was coaching Olympiacos, he was teaching modern football like pressing from top, playing high line, etc

How he became such a coward to make Barca sit back in 2 banks of 4, man-mark at the last line of D, and not press is beyond me...

Home of Barca Fans