Pep Guardiola

vegitot

It's not just Results. It's the Resources, too. It's: how much you do with little.

Like, it's easy for him to fuck around, mix, try this or that... when he can afford it! Guy spends Billion $ and his team plays attractively? Wow. I remember Spalletti in, like 2007. , playing Totti as false 9, playing without attacker, etc... imagine if somebody gave him 1 Billion? He won the Calcio with average Napoli and played CL Semifinals! And what Praise did he got? That is much harder than what Pep does.

Ten Haag destroyed Real on Bernabeu, almost reached the CL Final and Tripletta. Eddie How's Newcastle playing beautiful football with average players, I hate Mou but what he did with weak Porto and retirement house of Inter is glorious, ...

I have nothing against him, I like him because he is managing Revolutionary. But, he is overhyped to the moon. With money he got and conditions he has he should rule the football world...
Didn't Roma lose 7 goals in 2007 UCL :lol:

Spaletti is rated as one of best coaches in Serie A. Not like he isn't praised for his works.

You can say Ranieri is the GOAT coach ever by winning EPL with Leicester, that's harder than anything other great coaches ever done.

Ten Hag, i don't want to say about 0-7 loss to a weak Liverpool :lol:

That Porto 2004 were very good (Deco top 3 Ballon Dor for example), Inter were great too (Sneijder, Milito, Zanetti, Cambiasso, Samuel, Cesar...).

Mou could not reach final UCL with strong and rich Chelsea and Madrid Galacticos.

Didn't Roma lose 7 goals in 2007 UCL :lol:

Spaletti is rated as one of best coaches in Serie A. Not like he isn't praised for his works.

You can say Ranieri is the GOAT coach ever by winning EPL with Leicester, that's harder than anything other great coaches ever done.

Ten Hag, i don't want to say about 0-7 loss to a weak Liverpool :lol:

That Porto 2004 were very good (Deco top 3 Ballon Dor for example), Inter were great too (Sneijder, Milito, Zanetti, Cambiasso, Samuel, Cesar...).

Mou could not reach final UCL with strong and rich Chelsea and Madrid Galacticos.

Yes, average Roma lost to UTD in his Prime. Wow.

Spalletti's Seria A + CL Semifinals > Pep's PL + CL ... give Spalletti 1 Billion and we'll see how he'll deal with Pep...

Ten Haag lost with worst UTD team ever, with Maguire and such... where were they to defeat him 7-0 whan he was in Ajax?

That Porto was average team, and those players you listed (Milito, Zanetti, Cambiasso, Samuel, Cesar...) also until he took them to the top....

Oh, and I forgot: Spalletti also took Udinese to CL and almost was 2. in Group stage (they had same number of points like 2. team, 7, but worse goal ratio)! Yeah. Let's see Pep do something like that...

L3v1s

If you are just basing your opinion on results only, then there is a lot you say that can be agreed upon. But analysing greatness is much more nuanced than that.

What makes Pep so much better than everyone else? It's the way he makes his teams play. It's the way he evolves and re-invents himself. It's the way he plays 4 centre backs who provide zero attacking threat and yet his team is the best attacking team on the planet. It's the fact that he even tries to play 4 centre backs, inverted full backs playing as CDMs, false 9s and goalkeeper playing out from the back like he did 15 years. It's the fact that many of these things get picked up upon and copied, becoming the go-to tactic across football, years after.

Pep's City have two wingers who don't score many goals and are slow. It shouldn't work. But it does, because of him. Would his team be even better with fast goalscoring wingers in the mould of Mane/ Salah? Probably. But he does without that and will still come up with a treble.

But what is perhaps most impress is is how much his football has changed over the years. Most managers throughout their career have a style and they stick to it. Peps tiki taka at Barca has evolved into a Man City team that can score against you in numerous different ways.

The first half hour on Wednesday was pretty much getting the ball out wide to wingers and crossing to EH and yet at the start of the season they were saying he wouldn't be able to make a pure number 9 work in his team.
Very good post. There's a lot to say about Pep and he may have haters. A lot of times he might come off as a fake, soulless person especially in his interviews. It's also true that he always had the best squads and limitless resources but surely he didn't get there by being a passenger. Top coaches will always manage top teams. It's ridiculous when people say that he should go and take a League One side to the top. No top coach has ever did that. There are coaches for that job, that wouldn't last in top teams, like Bielsa.

Even if he did have the best squads and players, he's always reinventing players, tactics etc. And to put it frankly, for me Pep as a coach is right there next to what Cruyff meant for this club during the 70s for older fans and later on when he created the dream team. Sure, he wouldn't have become this succesful without Barca's greatest ever generation, but I like to believe that it was a match made in heaven. He was a Cruyff lover who took his ideas to the next level and created the best team of all time imo. And for this reason I will always be a fan of Guardiola. Hope he gets that treble because there's nobody else more deserving this season.

vegitot

Yes, average Roma lost to UTD in his Prime. Wow.

Spalletti's Seria A + CL Semifinals > Pep's PL + CL ... give Spalletti 1 Billion and we'll see how he'll deal with Pep...

Ten Haag lost with worst UTD team ever, with Maguire and such... where were they to defeat him 7-0 whan he was in Ajax?

That Porto was average team, and those players you listed (Milito, Zanetti, Cambiasso, Samuel, Cesar...) also until he took them to the top....

Oh, and I forgot: Spalletti also took Udinese to CL and almost was 2. in Group stage (they had same number of points like 2. team, 7, but worse goal ratio)! Yeah. Let's see Pep do something like that...
I don't remember Spalletti ever reached UCL semi final? Roma 2017/18 weren't coached by him btw. Oh he lost easily to weak Milan side this season. Hope Chelsea or some EPL teams hire him next season, give him billions and we will see if he can stand against Pep.

Ten Hag got destroyed and was humiliated for eternity by weakest Liverpool in past 5 years. His European record post 2018/19 isn't good either. A weak Sevilla humble him in Europa league this season easily.

Both Porto 2004 and Inter 2010 were from extremely good to great side. Mou got billions with Chelsea, Real, Man utd and he only won just 4 league tittles with them, no UCL final.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
Just saw the behind the scenes footage city released and made me realize I think they have a pretty likeable squad. Most seem humble and hardworking and happy for most that they won it. Think only Ederson seems like a c*nt. Also Kevin de Bruyne does not seem fun at parties but he had a difficult youth.

Choir boys v. 2

I don't remember Spalletti ever reached UCL semi final? Roma 2017/18 weren't coached by him btw. Oh he lost easily to weak Milan side this season. Hope Chelsea or some EPL teams hire him next season, give him billions and we will see if he can stand against Pep.

Ten Hag got destroyed and was humiliated for eternity by weakest Liverpool in past 5 years. His European record post 2018/19 isn't good either. A weak Sevilla humble him in Europa league this season easily.

Both Porto 2004 and Inter 2010 were from extremely good to great side. Mou got billions with Chelsea, Real, Man utd and he only won just 4 league tittles with them, no UCL final.

Spalletti's SF and Serie A with resources, squad, bench and conditions he had on his disposal are a fucking Miracle! Imagine if he had at least bench like $ity.

Ten Haag got destroyed with UTD, not Ajax - and I spoke about Ajax.

No, Porto and Inter were mediocre teams, nobody gave them any chances.

There is a reason why we remember guys like Alexander the Great... those are men that did much with little.

Pep spent half a Billion just on CBs (even Real's "Galacticos madness" look modest compared to Pep's sick buying), bought best players, piled greatest Bench on the world, just to deliver what Pellegrini delivered with much less. I know it hurts, but:

deal-with-it-barack-obama.gif

vegitot

Spalletti's SF and Serie A with resources, squad, bench and conditions he had on his disposal are a fucking Miracle! Imagine if he had at least bench like $ity. Ten Haag got destroyed with UTD, not Ajax - and I spoke about Ajax. No, Porto and Inter were mediocre teams, nobody gave them any chances. There is a reason why we remember guys like Alexander the Great... those are men that did much with little. Pep spent half a Billion just on CBs (even Real's "Galacticos madness" look modest compared to Pep's sick buying), bought best players, piled greatest Bench on the world, just to deliver what Pellegrini delivered with much less. I know it hurts, but:
deal-with-it-barack-obama.gif
Spaletti never reach UCL semi final. I'm not sure where you get that from. Give him money or coaching big team and we never know what will happen. There are coaches who are good when they coach smaller team but fail to coach bigger one.

Ten Hag post 2019 UCL failed hard in either UCL and Europea league with Ajax. So he just reached UCL semi final one time doesn't mean anything. Lyon 2020 reached semi final too...

Pellegrini never won twice EPL, never dominated EPL and affected the whole football world like Pep. Not even close man.

And Porto 2004 and Inter 2010 were great. Not sure why now people talk Mou take Roma to Europa league final lile some super human feat. Sevilla's coach take them to final too (beat Utd and Juventus, not small teams). Inzaghi takes Inter to UCL final now and secures top 4. Mou can not even help Roma to reach top 4 in Serie A.

Spaletti never reach UCL semi final. I'm not sure where you get that from. Give him money or coaching big team and we never know what will happen. There are coaches who are good when they coach smaller team but fail to coach bigger one.

Ten Hag post 2019 UCL failed hard in either UCL and Europea league with Ajax. So he just reached UCL semi final one time doesn't mean anything. Lyon 2020 reached semi final too...

Pellegrini never won twice EPL, never dominated EPL and affected the whole football world like Pep. Not even close man.

And Porto 2004 and Inter 2010 were great. Not sure why now people talk Mou take Roma to Europa league final lile some super human feat. Sevilla's coach take them to final too (beat Utd and Juventus, not small teams). Inzaghi takes Inter to UCL final now and secures top 4. Mou can not even help Roma to reach top 4 in Serie A.

Spalletti reached it this year + got the Calcio Title. He would win both if he had Bench and $.

Ajax was robbed of its best players after that SF, if you didn't know. Of course they dropped a little after that: who wouldn't?

If you didn't know, Pellegrini did exactly that: surpassed 100 goals for the season in just 34 games – the quickest century in the Premier League era, they had scored 115 goals in all competitions – the most goals scored by any club in Europe, set the competition record in EFC, was roundly praised for his attacking managerial style (such was Manchester City's ruthlessness in front of goal from all angles – intricate passing moves, crosses, solo-runs and set pieces – The Daily Telegraph likened City's style to "death by beautiful geometry"), etc...

And he did what he did against:
Chelsea powerhouse
Liverpool might
serious Tot'nam
dangerous UTD
mediocre amount of $
etc...

You are right about that thing ("some coaches are for small clubs"). Maybe Spalletti is that kind of coach. Still: his Calcio title + CL SF is more valuable then Pep's PL + FL/CL since he had everything.

About Porto and Inter: no, they were not "Great" in any sense of the word. They were cheap, old, mediocre, used up players - specially Porto's players never reached any glory or big sales (who do you remember in Big clubs except Deco?).

Show me Superstar, Great player, Expensive player, player that Big boy clubs were fighting for here:

Eg8clb2VgAEvWxG.jpg:large

Inter_Mailand_%282009-08-16%29.jpg

You can't 'cause
there
are
none.

But you can keep pretending and talk to yourself that these were some Superstars and Wanted players as much as you want...

jamrock

Júlio César
Lúcio
Eto'o
Sneijder
Maicon
Cambiasso
Milito
Walter Samuel

Someone is showing there age it they don't know how good these players were when they won that CL with inter lol.

So many absolutely class players their, especially that season they won the CL.

Milito was scoring goals for fun
Sneinjder could have won a golden ball
Cambiasso omg

Júlio César
Lúcio
Eto'o
Sneijder
Maicon
Cambiasso
Milito
Walter Samuel

Someone is showing there age it they don't know how good these players were when they won that CL with inter lol.

So many absolutely class players their, especially that season they won the CL.

Milito was scoring goals for fun
Sneinjder could have won a golden ball
Cambiasso omg
You forgot the GOAT itself

Home of Barca Fans