Pep Guardiola

how good these players were

Yeah, they were so good that big clubs went to war for them... it was a massacre... 100s of Millions were splashed on those players, Real and Chelsea almost buncrupted because of that... those were brutal scenes... FIFA reacted by putting Limits to clubs in attempt to stop Billions being spent on these classy footballers... relations between clubs never recovered from that battle for Inter's jewels...

giphy.webp

He went out in QF
He manages Napoli. I think your clock has stopped some 4-5 years ago

Yes, you're right, I meant Quarter Final. I cheered them to reach SF that it stuck in my head as reached...

jamrock

Yeah, they were so good that big clubs went to war for them... it was a massacre... 100s of Millions were splashed on those players, Real and Chelsea almost buncrupted because of that... those were brutal scenes... FIFA reacted by putting Limits to clubs in attempt to stop Billions being spent on these classy footballers... relations between clubs never recovered from that battle for Inter's jewels...

giphy.webp

Yes, you're right, I meant Quarter Final. I cheered them to reach SF that it stuck in my head as reached...
Lol the fact that you are so oblivious make you laughing even funnier.

raskolnikov

When is he leaving City by the way? After a treble is a good way too go. Didnt want to stay with us or Bayern too long but seems to love the rainy days in Manchester.

Andresito

Staff member
When is he leaving City by the way? After a treble is a good way too go. Didnt want to stay with us or Bayern too long but seems to love the rainy days in Manchester.
Think he'll want to go as far as he can with the team he built. Multiple CL's.

He's got a great core in that squad, no glaring holes that can't be fixed with a transfer window. Don't think he'll want to take on another big project after City, like PSG. If he found it tough to win CL with City it'll be close to impossible with those French chokers.

raskolnikov

Think he'll want to go as far as he can with the team he built. Multiple CL's.

He's got a great core in that squad, no glaring holes that can't be fixed with a transfer window. Don't think he'll want to take on another big project after City, like PSG. If he found it tough to win CL with City it'll be close to impossible with those French chokers.
Maybe he can go to Italy. Join Milan or something and do well with a team tgat hasnt a shitload of money for a change.

Andresito

Staff member
Maybe he can go to Italy. Join Milan or something and do well with a team tgat hasnt a shitload of money for a change.
Why would he though? He can literally get any job in the world. Even Madrid would welcome him.
Coaches don't downgrade themselves because they're bored.

I can see him taking on the challenge of national football though. Less workload.

ajnotkeith

Pep won't worsen his legacy for no reason, it is a thing he cares a lot about.

Only finished managers like Jose downgrade to B tier clubs.

Porque

Pep possibly eyes being the coach who wins the CL the most times. Only 2 to equal Ancelotti, and 1 to equal Zidanes sourcery.

It must burn deep when the media talk of him not being able to win the big one without Messi and the Golden generation.

Of course if he wins it with City the goalposts will be changed and they will say he can't win it without spending billions, or even, without Haaland.

But yeah, he still has a mission and what better way to achieve it than with limitless funds coupled with a board that will back you 100% (compared to a PSG for example).

KingLeo10

Pep possibly eyes being the coach who wins the CL the most times. Only 2 to equal Ancelotti, and 1 to equal Zidanes sourcery.

It must burn deep when the media talk of him not being able to win the big one without Messi and the Golden generation.

Of course if he wins it with City the goalposts will be changed and they will say he can't win it without spending billions, or even, without Haaland.

But yeah, he still has a mission and what better way to achieve it than with limitless funds coupled with a board that will back you 100% (compared to a PSG for example).
He isn't winning 2-3 CLs from here on lol

Even this final, I have a bad feeling will go south

He prefers safe options, mostly finished Construction, so PSG is next. Then Brasil for a decade and then Retirement...

Only if Catalonia gains independence he may go for it...

Can't see him going for some Challenge like taking some average team to rise them to the Top...

Home of Barca Fans