Pepe

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Sensible from Madrid to have him operated now. They have thrown in the towel for La Liga so they will concentrate on getting him back well before the next CL round.

Trickykid

That or:
Arbeloa - Varane - Carvalho - Nacho

And who says we have to do worse with that lineup?

Considering that lineup is, well, shit compared to your best one, I wouldn't put it past anyone saying you'll do worse like that.

GiantKiller

So, no Pepe and Ramos against Sociedad. In addition to that, Coentrao, Marcelo and Albiol are all injured. It'll be interesting to see what Vela and Griezmann can do against a make-shi(f)t RM defense.

What will it be?
Essien - Varane - Carvalho - Arbeloa

Something like that?

That line up isn't so bad. Both fullbacks have already played there before and the CB pairing is alright too. In any case, I think that back line has the capability to face the Sociedad attack.

Der Kaiser

That line up isn't so bad. Both fullbacks have already played there before and the CB pairing is alright too. In any case, I think that back line has the capability to face the Sociedad attack.

It could be worse indeed, you could have to play a Clasico with a fullback and midfielder as center backs. :pep:

Garrus

Random post :D

1327784238631.gif

Trickykid

According to RM standards, it's atrocious, no two ways about it. Essien isn't a good rb. Arbeloa is a decent lb, no more than that. Carvalho has played, what, 15 game or so over the course of 1½ seasons, and is obviously way over the hill. Yet he'll have to lead the back line, unless of course a talented youngster, Varane, takes up the reins.
If Barca had played anything remotely close to this in defense, everyone would be screaming for mercy... oh wait, we already did, and everyone already did.

Unless Sociedad rolls over, pants dropped, they should be able to do some damage to that RM back 4. I don't think it'll be enough to claim a point at the Bernabeu, but I hope they enter the field knowing they can indeed hurt them.

El Gato

Villarato!
Carvalho played against Barca out of the blue and did quite well. I don't see the issue.

It can go both ways as far as I'm concerned. And not just because Sociedad chose to roll over.

PearLBLacK

Banned
The beast is back! Included in squad for Saturday's match.

IMO shouldn't start yet, Varane has made the starting place his.

PearLBLacK

Banned
Yup, while Barca keeps Montoya on the bench even when Alves is underperforming, and Bartra the same amidst all the defensive problems. I mean, not bashing anybody here, but to make a comparison: Pepe and Ramos absent, Real shows faith in young Varane. And in Catalonia, injury crisis to the back four, Barca plays a fullback and midfielder in central defense. While having young prospect Bartra on the bench.

Now tell me who destroys their kids...

P.S: only replying to this specific case, before you start mentioning how many homegrown cantera each has, etc...

Last edited:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Yup, while Barca keeps Montoya on the bench even when Alves is underperforming, and Bartra the same amidst all the defensive problems. I mean, not bashing anybody here, but to make a comparison: Pepe and Ramos absent, Real shows faith in young Varane. And in Catalonia, injury crisis to the back four, Barca plays a fullback and midfielder in central defense. While having young prospect Bartra on the bench.

Now tell me who destroys their kids...

P.S: only replying to this specific case, before you start mentioning how many homegrown cantera each has, etc...

Montoya should get more playing time right now but he's being integrated safely and smartly so that he doesn't rush into being a vital player and have no time to go back and improve on certain things. The club is making sure he is fully ready. Plus, as a fullback there is a lot more he has to learn. He needs to focus on the defensive side of the game along with attacking. This takes time to improve. As for Bartra, I agree that he should have played during our defensive crisis but as a prospect, he isn't even comparable to Varane. He's not touted as a future starter and I doubt he will be. Not every young player has the maturity and talent level of Varane so it takes more care to develop them. Of the 3 we are talking about, Varane is a likely star, Montoya could be one of the worlds best/most reliable right backs. However for Bartra, I really don't see it.

Home of Barca Fans