Philippe Coutinho

Mateka

How he does at Aston Villa will give us more clues as to why things went the way they did. Many factors contributed, I feel. Injuries, constant criticism from the press and fans alike, long loan spell away from the Camp Nou equaled never really gaining momentum again. His high price tag and wages demanded he perform from day 1. Pressure! All of these factors may have contributed to a mental block. I say may to be diplomatic, eh! ��

I think it was a wise decision to move to a middle table team in England for a short period of time. Significantly less pressure at AV. He?s player in the EPL before so he?s familiar with the language and the culture. He has former team mates there, friends, etc. Gerrard clearly admires him as a professional and as a player, so he will also have the full support from the manager. Something he hasn?t had here.

There is an obvious caution at AV, taking him til the end of the season.

In the PL there is a tendency, even with top half of the table clubs, to park the bus. Gerrard must be hoping that Coutinho will help with the unlocking of this.

Mateka

Why not If it means he gets to play one last world cup? Maybe even win it.

He's still getting called up without playing here last I checked so needs that final push, impressive performances in a small team

That is a good point. Players who are happy to sit on the bench but still pick up the large wages, may now think differently. WC is on the horizon, so I will go out on loan, even at a reduced salary, just to make the NT. Once assured of my place, I will then revert.

Umtiti 1 game this season.
Coutinho only 5 starts this season.

Last edited:

fergus90

Looks like Lucas Digne is going to be joining Phil at Villa. We are getting the 17/18 Barca band back together.

Mateka

Looks like Lucas Digne is going to be joining Phil at Villa. We are getting the 17/18 Barca band back together.

43caps for France, looks a good signing.

He's recorded more assists than any other Everton player since he joined the club in the summer of 2018 and last season he created more chances than any of his team-mates, too.

"Since the start of last season among Premier League defenders, only Trent Alexander-Arnold and Andy Robertson at Liverpool have created more clear-cut chances.

Birdy

Villa - United again on the weekend.

That would be fun to watch with Coutinho starting for Villa.
Would love to see him score and assist in his 1st game for them

I had the right feeling some days ago!

Dembele will probably fly too when he leaves tbh

Dembele would kill under Tuchel at Chelsea.

Imagine both of them excelling at the best league...
What would be left for the haters here to say?

Home of Barca Fans