Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

fergus90

That's true many a player failed at one club until to excel at others. One of Barca's best players of the 90s Michael Laudrup was a Juve reject and was immense for Barca.

Salah back in 2017 despite rebuilding his career in Italy was never expected to kick on like he has. Henry at Juve etc etc.

Obviously, it does depend on factors like age, motivation etc too.

malvolio

That's true many a player failed at one club until to excel at others. One of Barca's best players of the 90s Michael Laudrup was a Juve reject and was immense for Barca.

Salah back in 2017 despite rebuilding his career in Italy was never expected to kick on like he has. Henry at Juve etc etc.

i didn't say it can't happen, even though those success stories are few.

just pointing out where we are as a club right now. scrapping through the garbage bin.

fergus90

i didn't say it can't happen, even though those success stories are few.

just pointing out where we are as a club right now. scrapping through the garbage bin.

Oh yes i agree. That's why I mentioned age really as buying 30-year-old + players that have definitely seen better days can only plug gaps short term at best.

khaled_a_d

I mean if we are going to count Ferran and Eric as City rejects, then Pique was also a Manu reject back in 2008 and he became one of the best defenders of his generation.
That said, as you guys already mentioned, atm we are signing some older guys that are closer to Boateng than Pique

Joan

There are different kinds of rejects. Players who still have career in front of them and just failed or simply didn't meet the expectations. There are guys like Martin, Luuk, Boateng who were never good enough to being with and then there are old legs who have declined heavily. Each group can bring something but it's usually not much.

Total-Football

Aubamayang is a terrible player.. Cannot believe we are after this trash.. And yes he was a good player during his dortmund days.. He is The laziest payer out there.. Doesn't track back and doesnt deploy efforts at all.

mc_lovin

Aubamayang is a terrible player.. Cannot believe we are after this trash.. And yes he was a good player during his dortmund days.. He is The laziest payer out there.. Doesn't track back and doesnt deploy efforts at all.

I don't care who we get as long as we can get rid of him in Summer. Aubameyang probably fits the profile.

That's the standard we should apply :S

Home of Barca Fans