Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Neeraj

Movement...okay. But the problem is his hold up play. He cannot hold the back with his back to goal to save his life. I don't expect him to do a Dzeko or Drogba, but he is worse than even Depay, who himself sucks at it. If you're isolated and playing in a shitty system (which we obviously are) hold up play will at least give our players some time to run into dangerous positions from midfield or try something different. The combination of his non existent hold up play + a shitty system = us spamming crosses from wide.

mc_lovin

He's genuinely a 0/10 player in hold- and buildup, isn't he? :lol:

Don't think I have seen him complete a single pass with his back to goal.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

He's not really a CF tbh so makes sense he's useless at those things.

Which is why we need to sign a CF.

mc_lovin

Did he play on the wing for Arsenal? Haven't really followed his career. But honestly can't see him doing too well there - he's far too clumsy.

Anyway, he's still a good/decent option upfront. At least he adds verticality.

Iniesta Ultra

He made a great backheel lob back to goal pass few matches ago, forget who was didn't finish but assuming Tosser, Dembele, or Gavi.

serghei

He's turning into an old Suarez. Useless when he doesn't score.

If he was any good he wouldn't have been rejected by Arsenal of all teams. Madrid sign Chelsea's best defender, and we sign City and Arsenal rejects to lead our defense and attack.

Madrid get Rudiger, a top 5 CB, and the best player in the world in Mbappe to bolster their defense and attack, which are already 1-2 levels above ours. And we get Pampers Garcia and Aubameyang. :lol:

Last edited:

Zidane82

He is a CF ... his stats rank alongside the very best CFs

He uses his pace and he is a fabulous goal poacher .. if you want a CF to hold the ball up and link the play then we should get Firmino who is the best around .

I suggested him last week and got slaughtered

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He is a CF ... his stats rank alongside the very best CFs

He uses his pace and he is a fabulous goal poacher .. if you want a CF to hold the ball up and link the play then we should get Firmino who is the best around .

I suggested him last week and got slaughtered

He had more of a free role at Arsenal and BVB where he often started out from the left. He's not your typical CF.

As for Firmino then why would we sign him? He's 30 years old and doesn't score enough goals? Like what the hell are we supposed to do with him?

Zidane82

He had more of a free role at Arsenal and BVB where he often started out from the left. He's not your typical CF.

As for Firmino then why would we sign him? He's 30 years old and doesn't score enough goals? Like what the hell are we supposed to do with him?

In context ... everyone was complaining Aubameyang could not hold the ball up or link play .. Firmino is fabulous at that and he is available

Bobo32

Only now looked at pass success rates from last game. PEA stood on 60% last game, not even Depay numbers. You could say it is a small sample size, because he only attempted 10 passes, but on the other hand, he only attempted 10 passes...

Iniesta Ultra

Bobo you know this system isolates players and CF more than anyone else. I think Auba's our best current starter and can put up ridiculous #s in the proper system.

Home of Barca Fans