Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang

Fati_Future_BallonDor

This. Best strikers are very well polished players, good passers, almost like more advanced playmakers. When you just sit around and wait for balls, you have to be some sort of elite finisher to stand out.

He's not. He's just a good finisher and mediocre at most other things.

only kane and benz are good in other aspects except finishing, imo we can't expect these things from a striker :thinking:

serghei

only kane and benz are good in other aspects except finishing, imo we can't expect these things from a striker :thinking:

Diego Jota? Man has superb IQ, reading of the game, tactical understanding of what is asked of him. Everything. Joao Felix is another. Haaland another. They do very much off the ball and in combinations, pressing etc.

Of the ones being rated highly, only Vlahovic seems somewhat suspect in this area.

Last edited:

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Diego Jota? Man has superb IQ, reading of the game, tactical understanding of what is asked of him. Everything.

Only if he plays for liverpool :p but he is also good (not kane/benz level), anyways my point was you expecting too much from a striker. If he has a good conversation rate of chances he gets im happy. I expect from wingers/midfield players to create chances . Lewa for example (last 2 seasons) was a top striker for me even though he only finished his chances.

serghei

Only if he plays for liverpool :p but he is also good (not kane/benz level), anyways my point was you expecting too much from a striker. If he has a good conversation rate of chances he gets im happy. I expect from wingers/midfield players to create chances for example. Lewa for example (last 2 seasons) was a top striker for me even though he only finished his chances.

Nah, chances don't just fall on a platter for you. You have to make them happen as well.

Iniesta Ultra

Auba didn't miss the header by much. Benzema missed an easier standing header against Chelsea but Vini gives better service as he's not afraid to beat defenders and penetrate the box more for closer passing than Dembele. With more chances Auba would've scored.

Anyone with skill can see Auba has the skill to link, playmake, tiki taka. I really haven't seen Pedri nor Gavi display much of the small space passing possession dna, but I wouldn't be surprised ironically if Xavi's discouraging them from taking 'risks'. FDJ shows some of that dna but still limited and mostly just in around the box when absolutely necessary to create goal opportunities.

behindbrowneyes

He's the least of this teams problems. Yeah, he should have scored that chance, but he was a big reason to make us even believe that this Barca can compete for the title. Remember the dark times before him.

Problems of this team lie way deeper than him not scoring. Gifting the opponent an easy goal literally from the start made things much more difficult for him and the whole offense. It played Frankfurt heavily into their cards. 2nd goal didn't help either.

"Star players" rarely shine in the really big games, because they are the most 'watched and secured' players by opponents.

mc_lovin

Twitter... you heard it on twitter :p

But sounds plausible enough to be fair.. would be 10m per season, which doesn't sound outlandish (given the 2m this year are true).

malvolio

But sounds plausible enough to be fair.. would be 10m per season, which doesn't sound outlandish (given the 2m this year are true).

Depends on the role he will play. But if he continues with performances like the one in the Cadiz game then he'll be a massively paid substitute that doesn't make an impact.

In theory it's good to have an experienced striker. In practice we might end up with something closer to a Bale or Hazard, players that get a lot of money but don't provide anything.

serghei

He's the least of this teams problems. Yeah, he should have scored that chance, but he was a big reason to make us even believe that this Barca can compete for the title. Remember the dark times before him.

Problems of this team lie way deeper than him not scoring. Gifting the opponent an easy goal literally from the start made things much more difficult for him and the whole offense. It played Frankfurt heavily into their cards. 2nd goal didn't help either.

"Star players" rarely shine in the really big games, because they are the most 'watched and secured' players by opponents.

Agreed. The defense being filled with calamitous and/or old and unathletic players is what is putting extra pressure on the strikers. They lately have to play under pressure to turn the game around after flops like Stegen, Garcia, Lenglet, Mingueza, Alba or Alves fuck it up at the back.

feggydinho

it's actually logical, didn't believe he would fall to 2m just like that cause it wasn't logical and I believe we can still cut it to 14m, so if we're adding the 2m for this season, it becomes 8m per season

khaled_a_d

Well, it will be 20M for 17 months, not 2 seasons. 13M per year.
There were many other reports before that Arsenal bought him out for 8M , so we were gonna pay him 10 next year.
Don't know where the truth is tbh but 18M next year put a lot of pressure on the salary structures

Neeraj

Yeah he contributes nothing but sitting in the box. We've got to rememebr though, he became a big name because he had finishing plus ONE more attribute - blistering pace. He was probably the quickest if not in the top 2-3 quickest players in world football, with good finishing.

Of course now that he doesn't have that pace, we only get the poacher part of him - and naturally, that seems to not be enough. But it's not something we didn't know though. You cannot expect a player to keep scoring at the same pace of 1 a game, and people overhyped him even though the rest of the game he did nothing. Same with Xavi - when things go well we all go head over heels for him and now suddenly it's Xavi out.

JamDav1982

Thats not true. He still has decent pace and movement.

The issue is he has never been and never will be a striker to sit isolated in middle with crosses from wide players on touchline.

Dont think have ever seen any single CF play in that set up before where wingers are posted wide and trying to beat men to get ball in

Bizarre system.

Home of Barca Fans