Premier League 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kingleo

Why are you rating Chelsea so highly?

Because I feel they have a very hungry and talented squad, they have a manager who knows the league well and I feel they are a better team than Man City who will be very strong next season, City have some great individual players but I don't see them gelling as a team a well as Chelsea

I dont think any other team has a chance of winning it, it will be a 2 horse race between Chelsea and City with Chelsea doing enough to win the title but I won't be surprised at all if City run away with it.

Meitux

One game doesn't give a complete image..Obviously Chelsea are a stronger side than City at the moment.

K

kingleo

If you watched it, what did you think about the Madrid game?

I did watch it, and Chelsea will learn from that game, I think Chelsea could have won if they made it 2-2 at the start of 2nd half when they were dominating Madrid for the first 10 minutes of that half, but they didn't take their chances, but Madrid along with Barca and Bayern and even Drotmund are ahead of everyone in world football right now. Chelsea have a young team who are still learning and they would have learned a lot from the Madrid game, I don't see any other English team apart from City who will get close to Chelsea this season.

And then if they bring Rooney in as well then i think they could seriously challenge in the CL as well.

Banana-Rama

One game doesn't give a complete image..Obviously Chelsea are a stronger side than City at the moment.

based on what, city's squad looks stronger then chelsea's if you are comparing the teams on paper, chelsea's defensive options are not all that great and they don't have a particularly great centre mid either, they have 3 superb attacking midfielders in oscar, mata, hazard but the rest of there team doesn't look great to be honest. people are assuming that chelsea will find the top striker they need but who is left that they can get, they won't get rooney despite what the newspapers say, united won't sell to them this summer no matter what they offer.

rooney will have to knuckle down and get on with it at united this season, he cannot afford to have a shit season with the world cup coming up, its his last chance to make a big impact at a world cup. if united can bring in a good centre mid from somewhere we'll be up there challenging for the title, no idea who that player would be tho...

mixer

Chelsea has only better miedfield atm

They have Torres/Lukaku up front, while City have Jovetić, Negredo, Dzeko, Aguero... City's defense also looks more solid than Chelsea's.

Meitux

Chelsea has only better miedfield atm

They have Torres/Lukaku up front, while City have Jovetić, Negredo, Dzeko, Aguero... City's defense also looks more solid than Chelsea's.
Well yeah,Chelsea needs a striker,Lukaku will be given a chance but we don't know yet how will he perform,he has shown good signs for me judging by his performances last season.But i think generally they are balanced.We can't have an actual distinct image yet but i just think Chelsea has more chances.We'll see in the start of Premier Leauge.

Last edited:

mixer

Well yeah,Chelsea needs a striker,Lukaku will be given a chance but we don't know yet how will he perform,he has shown good signs for me judging by his performances last season.But i think generally they are balanced.We can't have an actual distinct image yet but i just think Chelsea has more chances.We'll see in the start of Premier Leauge.
Well, I don't think they're generally balanced. Their strikers aren't performing well and their defense was raped again RM... Mou's got a lot of work

Meitux

Well, I don't think they're generally balanced. Their strikers aren't performing well and their defense was raped again RM... Mou's got a lot of work
Based on gameplay yes,but as a squad i don't think they need much,the truth is that they have many midfielders and there insn't much space to fill them.Obviously the same goes for Pellegrini about strikers,they are pretty equal now we see it.I would wait for some official matches,i can't judge by one single game.But City didn't actually look that bad against Bayern.

Last edited:
K

kingleo

are you serious? how was their defence raped against Madrid? It was a friendly for god sake! and were without Mata and Luiz and Mou was experimenting with 4-3-3 in the 1st which didn't work great! and Madrid would batter almost any team on the planet so its a bit naive to judge a young Chelsea team from that game! what about the Inter game and the Milan game? both Milan clubs didn't even really look like scoring against Chelsea!

They looked solid against those team, but looked nervous against Madrid, they are young and will learn from that.

Last edited:

mixer

are you serious? how was there defence raped against Madrid? It was a friendly for god sake! and Madrid would batter almost any team on the planet so its a bit naive to judge a young Chelsea team from that game! what about the Inter game and the Milan game? both Milan clubs didn't even really look like scoring against Chelsea!
Inter is bad, they've finished in the half of the Seria A table.... Milan is also not that good atm...

In their first serious game they were dominated like some mediocre team, showed a bit of football in the first half but couldn't go away from their half in the second and the score would've been higher if Di Maria's awesome shots would have gone in...

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
They didn't look impressive against a half Milan side either, they played typical Mourinho dire style, couldn't hold onto the ball for more than five seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans